British Speedway Forum
jackofdiamonds

Newcastle V Glasgow Championship 18 June 2017

Get relagated? Are you for real?!

Apparently so, some diamonds fans think we're worse than Berwick and Scunthorpe.

Edited by DiamondGlory
  • Like 1

The whole team needs ripped apart and if that means upsetting people then so be it, the balance and personnel of the team are not working. What is there to lose?? But will our promotion have the balls to do it and at least try?.

So you have narrowly lost to probably the strongest side in the CL and having to use r/r for your second heat leader which realistically, you cannot expect the lower order riders to match his usual points return at home.

Get a grip, it's your first home defeat, and tbh, no surprise, given the circumstances.

If your "whole team needs ripped apart", where are the replacement riders going to come from?

Be interested to know what alternative 1 - 7 you would suggest that are available and would comply with the 40 pt limit.

And don't use the excuse "it's not my job, it's the Manager's", as you're the one demanding radical surgery on here.

• Like 4

Apparently so, some diamonds fans think we're worse than Berwick and Scunthorpe.

I don't believe there is a facility for relegation to the NL - just from PL to CL so relax

in any case I believe there will be more changes this winter which may see a larger CL

So you have narrowly lost to probably the strongest side in the CL and having to use r/r for your second heat leader which realistically, you cannot expect the lower order riders to match his usual points return at home.

Get a grip, it's your first home defeat, and tbh, no surprise, given the circumstances.

If your "whole team needs ripped apart", where are the replacement riders going to come from?

Be interested to know what alternative 1 - 7 you would suggest that are available and would comply with the 40 pt limit.

And don't use the excuse "it's not my job, it's the Manager's", as you're the one demanding radical surgery on here.

id agree with you if last nights match was the real concern but its not, We effectivley have a side that contains 4 reserves from at some point last season, with 2 of them 2 point novices and a captain who has more off than on nights, meaning our top 2 having to carry the rest.

What we have is plainly not working, so do we sit back and accept it or try and change it for the better??

Berwick, ippo, peterboro, redcar, worky, scunny, have all found available riders so far this season so there is some out there.

Riders like Bach, vissing, Palovaara, robson, kennet, morley, allen, hansen, carr, knight, off the top of my head are not riding in the championship and may be available, maybe not.... im not privvy to that info. Unless we do something our season will be all but over soon imo as we are sitting ducks away from home.

' but thats not my job, its the promotions' 😜

• Like 1

So I take it with your George must go comments, you no longer want speedway on Tyneside, George has openly admitted if there was a better option as team manager he'd gladly step aside and concentrate on running the club, bottom line there isn't end of!!!! I'm pretty sure you weren't slagging him off when we were winning the league and cups not so many years ago, altho come to think about it you and certain others probably were, if you can do better go and have a chat with him, and as for terrace grumblers comments about Steve Worrall ffs get a life will you.

I am personally sick of this getting churned out everytime anyone including myself questions the running of our club and yes I do acknowledge it may or may NOT happen, however I am getting sick of the current regime within our club season after season and we never get any better, this team is running in parallel with 2004 when we had Jason Lyons and not a lot else, only 2017 sees less changes in the team.

All riders have the ability as it proved in heats 14 and 15 with the major under preforming riders on the night so Newspeed IMO ship up or pull out, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen, and we can find out weather anyone else out there is willing to put in or not, but in recent times a fair few clubs have came back from near the brink so who's to say we wouldn't either?

Newcastle need a revamp, the middle orders not doing it and the reserves are as outclassed as the previous two.

Big changeround now or seasons abs dead

So the slide continues - at least at this rate averages will be dropping.

Everyone is saying it would have been different if stevie had ridden, we would have won etc etc. Simple fact is he wasn't and we lost, which just highlights the frailities of the side. Any time we are missing a rider and use r/r we have serious problems, at home we can just about get away with it, depending on how many of opposition can ride our track, but away - oh dear!

Greenwood is competent and obviously has more confidence than Coles showed, but he isn't the answer and frankly was lucky he scored the points he did.

Only possible hope is the issuing of the Premier averages imminently - it is still all a mystery as to what they will get converted to for Championship, but it may be possible to replace Lindgren., Morris & Hopwood with Tungate, Graversen and Carr. Don't get too excited I say possible it's a guess on what averages will be! Whilst everyone will probably complain at Graversen, he might be best fit to get a strong heatleader to back up our over worked 1&2 and allow a reserve who woul be competitive!.

Given their home track advantage I was surprised that Newcastle did not sneak home last night. The RR for SW was giving plenty of strength.

I do not watch them every week so I do not know where the actual weaknesses are. The most apparent one is the Reserves, Chopping & Changing for riders of the same ability will never be a recipe for success.

Last Thursday I thought that Lindgren,Rose & Morris were as inconsistent as each other but at home they should be ok given as I have said the home track advantage.

When Redcar go there I expect that we will lose , I hope we fight harder than Newcastle have on their 2 visits to Redcar.

Newcastle in my opinion should be in the top league, the most enjoyable times I had watching speedway were when Newcastle were top division & we were in the Second, we got to see all the riders.

Then of course we were not in the DU / DD era which is ruining the sport

• Like 1

Isn't Lewis and Rose the same person

Nowt gets past you Keith. :D:P

• Like 2

I watched Ludde last night and expected him to do his trademark blasts around the outside but he was riding close to the white line when his aggressive outside riding would have gained him a point or two i think and the team would have grabbed a narrow win. So what is wrong with him of late, are his best bikes saved for European meetings? or is he traveling too much or like most riders do, has he just gone off the boil temporarily?

Well done Robert Lambert whose overtakes were the highlight of the match. The guy would be brilliant if he could only make the gate most rides but then the entertainment would suffer as we are privileged to watch "Ruthless" turning it on around the second turn.

Steve should have sent his son up to entertain us on the mic ! :rolleyes:

George English aided by a few others has kept speedway going at Brough Park longer than any other promoter we have had, so I hesitate to criticise him at all. He does say he would let someone else take over as team manager so he can concentrate on other matters. I think it would be a good step to take if someone wanted the team manager job. My vote would go to Roy Clarke if he threw his name into the pot. George could then concentrate on Newcastle Speedway LTD.

I watched Ludde last night and expected him to do his trademark blasts around the outside but he was riding close to the white line when his aggressive outside riding would have gained him a point or two i think and the team would have grabbed a narrow win. So what is wrong with him of late, are his best bikes saved for European meetings? or is he traveling too much or like most riders do, has he just gone off the boil temporarily?

Well done Robert Lambert whose overtakes were the highlight of the match. The guy would be brilliant if he could only make the gate most rides but then the entertainment would suffer as we are privileged to watch "Ruthless" turning it on around the second turn.

George English aided by a few others has kept speedway going at Brough Park longer than any other promoter we have had, so I hesitate to criticise him at all. He does say he would let someone else take over as team manager so he can concentrate on other matters. I think it would be a good step to take if someone wanted the team manager job. My vote would go to Roy Clarke if he threw his name into the pot. George could then concentrate on Newcastle Speedway LTD.

George's forte is with riders and the rules, not the business John.

I am personally sick of this getting churned out everytime anyone including myself questions the running of our club and yes I do acknowledge it may or may NOT happen, however I am getting sick of the current regime within our club season after season and we never get any better, this team is running in parallel with 2004 when we had Jason Lyons and not a lot else, only 2017 sees less changes in the team.

All riders have the ability as it proved in heats 14 and 15 with the major under preforming riders on the night so Newspeed IMO ship up or pull out, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen, and we can find out weather anyone else out there is willing to put in or not, but in recent times a fair few clubs have came back from near the brink so who's to say we wouldn't either?

Have you been out in the sun too long again Mike. After the slump we had in 2005/6/7ish you must have forgot 2010 and the few years after that.

• Like 1

Another one who has been out in the sun too long !!

• Like 1

.... this team is running in parallel with 2004 when we had Jason Lyons and not a lot else.....

Really?

Jason Lyons joined mid-season, for a start. The team put together at the beginning was totally ripped apart by the BSPA getting their sums wrong and we weren't allowed to use Matej Ferjan. But, typically, we were told this just as all the decent riders who could have replaced him had all got team places, so were 'lumbered' with Mario Jirout (on a grossly inflated 9.00 ave) and also replaced Kenny Olsson with (the Aussie) Scott Smith.

And at the start of the 2004 campaign we rode 14 Prem Trophy matches and won just the one. So 2017 is hardly "running parallel to 2004."

George's forte is with riders and the rules, not the business John.

Have you been out in the sun too long again Mike. After the slump we had in 2005/6/7ish you must have forgot 2010 and the few years after that.

Not at all Dave and as I have said before I have no problems with you either, I do remember 2010 team very well as I sponsored Adam McKinna that year as well as did most away meetings all home meetings and got all GRT Media dvds involving us but that was then, and this is now and yeah George and co may of had it running the longest but we have had more dross under him than success IMO and are paying more than ever for the privilege!

Value for money I think not!!

Really?

Jason Lyons joined mid-season, for a start. The team put together at the beginning was totally ripped apart by the BSPA getting their sums wrong and we weren't allowed to use Matej Ferjan. But, typically, we were told this just as all the decent riders who could have replaced him had all got team places, so were 'lumbered' with Mario Jirout (on a grossly inflated 9.00 ave) and also replaced Kenny Olsson with (the Aussie) Scott Smith.

And at the start of the 2004 campaign we rode 14 Prem Trophy matches and won just the one. So 2017 is hardly "running parallel to 2004."

Steve I have no problem with you either, and yes on both those accounts you are correct however I am talking of riders on track not politicks, but oh yes in my mind they are similar, as was 2008 team oh yeah another with that time hero being George Stancl and later bringing in Kenni Larsen remember Ben Powel?

The list is endless.