British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Bear

Redcar V Edinburgh Championship

Well done Red Cars.

Good all round performance.

Far too many last places from our boys.

Need some improvement to make the play-offs.

"Need some improvement to make the play-offs."

You're top?

Top but have played a lot home matches.

And had some shaky nights at home.

Another average performance on the road. To many passengers again it seems pass marks to sam, Erik, max and Mitch.

Ricky Wells had a shocker. Normally rides well at Redcar. Clegg was fortunate in heat 14. Ellis and Garcia on a 5-1. Ref pulled it back, stating Ellis was moving. Looked ok to me. Very disappointed with Pickering. Granted was his first visit. But was very poor.

Another average performance on the road. To many passengers again it seems pass marks to sam, Erik, max and Mitch.

Max &Mitch were distinctly average

Max &Mitch were distinctly average

Scored their average away from home don't really expect much more from them.

• Like 1

Ricky Wells had a shocker. Normally rides well at Redcar. Clegg was fortunate in heat 14. Ellis and Garcia on a 5-1. Ref pulled it back, stating Ellis was moving. Looked ok to me. Very disappointed with Pickering. Granted was his first visit. But was very poor.

Part of the problem for Pickering was that it was very difficult to pass last night. I saw him at Peterborough earlier in the season and he attacked the track and got his reward. He did the same last night and got nowhere. Barker, amongst others, was also busting a gut to no effect.

There were a couple of decent races - particularly heat 15 - but overall the meeting was disappointing. STMP is a brilliant race track and it certainly appeared that it was back to that early season, only for the last two matches there to be nowhere near that standard.

Last night's results imo confirmed that Glasgow, Ipswich, & Sheffield will be the top three at the end of the Season with the rest scrapping for the fourth spot.

The reason Monarchs are currently at the top is because they have completed more matches than the aforementioned trio, who will in due course, rise above them in the table.

IMO on paper, Peterborough should take the fourth spot, but they continually implode when they get on track.

IMO on paper, Peterborough should take the fourth spot, but they continually implode when they get on track.

If you saw them ride lately your opinion would change as they are so inconsistent , unless 2 changes are made very quickly then maybe there best will be to finish in 6th or 7th.Losing Lambert and bringing in Hall as temp injury replacement is a massive blow to any chance of them finishing in the top 4.

Part of the problem for Pickering was that it was very difficult to pass last night. I saw him at Peterborough earlier in the season and he attacked the track and got his reward. He did the same last night and got nowhere. Barker, amongst others, was also busting a gut to no effect.

There were a couple of decent races - particularly heat 15 - but overall the meeting was disappointing. STMP is a brilliant race track and it certainly appeared that it was back to that early season, only for the last two matches there to be nowhere near that standard.

The track was almost too smooth last night - times were very quick but it did seem difficult to pass (although it was possible as Masters proved against Wright).

The track was almost too smooth last night - times were very quick but it did seem difficult to pass (although it was possible as Masters proved against Wright).

Agreed - and I think in most races it did end up with the quickest rider being in front from the tapes so meant fewer passing opportunities.

Last night's results imo confirmed that Glasgow, Ipswich, & Sheffield will be the top three at the end of the Season with the rest scrapping for the fourth spot.

The reason Monarchs are currently at the top is because they have completed more matches than the aforementioned trio, who will in due course, rise above them in the table.

Not really sure how you get Peterborough they only have 1 x 3 point win from 7 away matches in the +/- table they are -3 and although they have 5 matches in hand over Edinburgh they are 23 points behind them. The Monarchs have had some disappointing away results recently but got good points on the board early on and I still expect them to pick up more points when they back to Berwick, Scunthorpe and Newcastle. If they can keep winning at home they should be fine although need big improvements for the play offs as I wouldn't fancy them over 2 legs against the other top teams at the moment.

At the moment Glasgow (+15) are streets ahead scoring in all 7 away matches

Edinburgh (+8), Ipswich (+8) and Sheffield (+9) are similar so that is the 4 likely to be in the play offs.

I wouldn't rule Workington (+3) out as they have only raced 5 away meetings and cookie could pull them through in a few and redcar (+3) are not out of it, the rest need snookers.

• Like 1

Not really sure how you get Peterborough they only have 1 x 3 point win from 7 away matches in the +/- table they are -3 and although they have 5 matches in hand over Edinburgh they are 23 points behind them. The Monarchs have had some disappointing away results recently but got good points on the board early on and I still expect them to pick up more points when they back to Berwick, Scunthorpe and Newcastle. If they can keep winning at home they should be fine although need big improvements for the play offs as I wouldn't fancy them over 2 legs against the other top teams at the moment.

At the moment Glasgow (+15) are streets ahead scoring in all 7 away matches

Edinburgh (+8), Ipswich (+8) and Sheffield (+9) are similar so that is the 4 likely to be in the play offs.

I wouldn't rule Workington (+3) out as they have only raced 5 away meetings and cookie could pull them through in a few and redcar (+3) are not out of it, the rest need snookers.

I think he must be judging them on paper as opposed to on track performances , its still possible for them to reach the top 4 but highly unlikely.

Agreed - and I think in most races it did end up with the quickest rider being in front from the tapes so meant fewer passing opportunities.

The track has too much dirt, which creates one line - it needs to be slick on the inside for me and deep on the outside forcing the riders to go out wide, but last night there was no need for the riders to go out wide as the dirt mid-track was deep enough...

The track has too much dirt, which creates one line - it needs to be slick on the inside for me and deep on the outside forcing the riders to go out wide, but last night there was no need for the riders to go out wide as the dirt mid-track was deep enough...

You must have been at a different match to me then. The fast line was definitely around the outside and the problem was not enough shale was dragged to the inside. Have to say it was not for the want of trying on the part of the track staff. There simply wasn't an alternative line, which made Sam Masters move even more applaudable.