British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Belle Vue Bt Sports 26/6/17

Shovvy could start a war in an empty house tbh, i like his posts tho, however obtuse they are.

Havent followed the league too much tbh, whats the next move pirate fans, changes wise ?

Nice one! Hope you now feel better.

I do support Swindon. Town.

Are you sure??? it will probably be a different club next week.Look i dont have a problem with you not one bit, my problem is you think you talk for the whole of Poole speedway and there fans but you don't.
  • Like 1

Bit dangerous to be judging how much of a fan somebody is by how many meetings they are able to attend.

As from this weekend I'll be living 320 miles away from the only team I've supported since 1985. Unfortunately the closest away track will be Belle Vue, 200 miles away.

Doesn't make me any less of a fan.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 4

As from this weekend I'll be living 320 miles away from the only team I've supported since 1985. Unfortunately the closest away track will be Belle Vue, 200 miles away.

Too some you've got no right to say anything at all then.

• Like 2

I live 150 miles away, have only seen two matches since 1999 but Rockets will always be my team.

Errr, that's Rayleigh Rockets by the way ;)

• Like 1

I live 150 miles away, have only seen two matches since 1999 but Rockets will always be my team.

Errr, that's Rayleigh Rockets by the way ;)

Way before my time Rob 😂

Shovlar and Starman feel if you don't go to every meeting your not a fan..... don't you dare disagree with what they say!! Fortunately my life doesn't revolve around speedway I have 2 lovely children and a wife and with work and my team being an hours drive then I'm entitled to pick and choose my meetings. I would mind hazarding a guess that these 2 are singletons who don't have anything important in life other than watching speedway and living close by and in Starmans case freeloading means it's easier to attend. Between the ages of 10-25 I used to go 3-4 meetings a week. Now I have a lifestyle that doesn't allow anything like that but I'm still a fan

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 5

Bit dangerous to be judging how much of a fan somebody is by how many meetings they are able to attend.

Yeah, I'm not much of Poole fan then! Only been to Darcy's meeting and vs Swindon.

Way before my time Rob

We'd been in Rye House 11 years before your time started. You never forget your first love.

When we moved into Rye House it didn't go down well with a lot of people, many of whom switched to Crayford when they opened in 1975. Riders weren't keen on such a small track, the only one then under 300 yards.

One prominent D2 rider who'd ridden for us at Rayleigh turned up in '74, took one look at the track and said, "Nice training track, now where do we race?"

And that completes the rare occurrence of the hijacking of a Poole thread by another team, the reverse of what normally happens. :wink:. A big thank you to all who have helped....

Edited by Rob McCaffery
  • Like 1

Should have gone to Monmore Steve,much better match

With Holder & Batchelor providing the away resistance? Neither were good at Monmore before their relative lack of form issues, I'm surprised they got 40.

Your assesment is yours, and mine all my own. I dont go around attacking posters because they have a different opinion. You are clearly a troll posting on here to become some sort of mouthpiece for the condescending.

Clearly you are the type of person who thinks only his opinion is correct. Poole supporter my arse. Where were you at any away meeting this year? Where were you last night? On the couch at home!

You are clearly not a proper Poole fan. Never seen you at any meeting home or away. A couch potato seeking glory from the club closest to your house.

As for skiving off work don't make me laugh. I run an extremely successful business and can take time off whenever I choose.

A proper Poole fan supporting his team home and away.

:rofl::rofl: :rofl:

As I said, you have no idea who I am or how many times I've been to Poole, period.

My assessment (not opinion!) was posted to give a balanced view of Monday's meeting. Your assessment was biased as they always are.

So if someone who's attended Poole regularly (with his father) since the mid 70's isn't a Poole supporter then tell me who is? Oh and my mother used to babysit for Middlo when he was a toddler (no I can't prove it on here but it's a fact) so I'm far better qualified than you in some respects.

My God man, you really are up yourself and often speaking on behalf of "all Poole supporters" - however some of us detest your arrogance. You are a nobody in the grand scheme of things, just an arrogant little man sitting in the grandstand week after week. Then again that obviously make you Poole's No. 1 fan in your eyes? :rofl:

Am i really, you are a strange one..

Post of the month people! :t:

You ent done to badly out of Brexit then have you seriously you are so up your own ass hole its unreal cringeworthy

Spot on there Sid :t:

In English please.

Nah. Chris4gillian is no Poole fan. Just some couch potato from the other side of Southampton seeking glory. Seen a few pics of the bloke online. Never seen him at Poole. He said he stands on the first or second bend so I will look out for him, though more chance of seeing Lord Lucan riding Shergar into the pits.

I'm very often there with my father. And you call me a troll !!!

What a very sad man you are.

You are so much up your own backside it is unreal to be honest is that CLEAR anough for you.You are an embarrassment to Poole speedway most of there fans must think god who is this moron go back and support Swindon.

Again I concur fella. He is and I wish.

Are you sure??? it will probably be a different club next week.Look i dont have a problem with you not one bit, my problem is you think you talk for the whole of Poole speedway and there fans but you don't.

Nail and head! :t:

Yeah, I'm not much of Poole fan then! Only been to Darcy's meeting and vs Swindon.

Oh dear Lisa, Shovlar will be all over that like a rat up a drainpipe! :D

I have seen your pictures online and have never seen you at Poole.

You are just a troll. Your posts prove it as all you do is attack me.

Stick to your couch. I will certainly look out for you at Poole for the rest of the season and most certainly introduce myself should I see you. I know what you look like.

But more chance of spotting Donald Trump to be honest!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I agree that you cannot judge a fan by the number of meetings they attend but all sports/businesses need their income streams so the sport is affected by non-attending. Over the years some of the most vociferous critics of Peterborough Speedway were fans that had never set foot inside the Showground, that does wind me up!

• Like 1

Why do people engage with this Walter Mitty no mark?

Put him on ignore and just discuss things with sensible folk, it makes this place a lot more enjoyable.

• Like 2

I agree that you cannot judge a fan by the number of meetings they attend but all sports/businesses need their income streams so the sport is affected by non-attending. Over the years some of the most vociferous critics of Peterborough Speedway were fans that had never set foot inside the Showground, that does wind me up!

I have no issue with people supporting who they want, but to come on here and just attack me shows he is nothing but a troll. Does he expect me not to retaliate? The guys an arse. If he doesn't like my posts use the ignore button.

Likes to mouth off but never puts a penny in the Poole coffers and he knows it.

• Like 2