British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Belle Vue Bt Sports 26/6/17

While I accept that some people may know women (wife, mother, daughter etc) who may have actually enjoyed a similar experience and can with some authority claim what happened to be acceptable, each to their own, it doesn't necessarily follow that what happened was acceptable to a judge just because the verdict was not guilty.

I expect the judge had his own views on the matter which were not aired in court. Darcy has always taken all the flak for this though when there were others involved who never seem to get a mention.

Not much mention of Belle Vue among this pathetic collection of baby talk, are you unable to discuss the subject

I expect the judge had his own views on the matter which were not aired in court. Darcy has always taken all the flak for this though when there were others involved who never seem to get a mention.

Funny that, init...

who knew him better lol your priceless!!! Great rider that is unquestionable. Would I want my children to grow up and do the things he done off of the track??? No

In 20 years time when people are discussing the great riders I don't believe Darcys name will be among them. That is only because his career is cut short before he can be considered a true great. The 4 most naturally talented riders I've seen live are Ward Gollob Loram and Jan O Pedersen. Only 3 world titles between them. When listing great riders of the sport Leigh Adams would be some way down it but still above Ward. If I had to list 20 legends then neither would make it. If I had to list 20 of the most naturally gifted then Ward would be near the top

who knew him better lol your priceless!!! Great rider that is unquestionable. Would I want my children to grow up and do the things he done off of the track??? No

No niether would i. Discussing great riders in 20 years time. if we still have speedway.. Priceless, yes i did know him a lot better than you.. :icon_smile_clown: As i said, go crawl back under your stone. I dont condone some of his actions.

Edited by Starman2006

If both you and foreverblue think what went on in the hotel room that night acceptable- and that kids get up to far worse- then i feel sorry for you both !!

Think you need to be careful what you say?

Think you need to be careful what you say?

What I say ?? we know what happened- it was reported in the Australian press. for Foreverblue and lisa- Colette in agreeing with him that many children do far worse things is just idiotic and they ought to be ashamed of themselves.

this thread i think should be closed down we are not even talking speedway anymore

• Like 2

What I say ?? we know what happened- it was reported in the Australian press. for Foreverblue and lisa- Colette in agreeing with him that many children do far worse things is just idiotic and they ought to be ashamed of themselves.

I was in agreement with his second paragraph of his post rather than the first one.

It is still legally a very delicate area since one person involved in the case was a minor at the time and thus their identity has to be kept secret in the UK. No matter what you consider the rights and wrongs are the penalties for contempt of court can be quite severe, not just for the person writing here but for the forum owner, Phil, even if the name has been revealed outside this country.

When people discuss Darcy Ward's career in speedway it is inevitable that aspects of this case, his brush with the law in Australia and his lengthy ban for alcohol use will inevitably be brought up, just as his wonderful racing and tragic accident will. It's all part of the story of his career.

These matters have been argued to death before and while it's morbidly fascinating to see the Poole fans as usual brush anything critical under the carpet, it's unsafe territory and doesn't really serve any purpose.

• Like 1

In my original post I didn't refer to any particular incident it was a generalisation and at the time I wasn't thinking of the hotel room, I was referring to his bike incidents in Australia. He wasn't a child at the time of his actions at the hotel.

In my original post I didn't refer to any particular incident it was a generalisation and at the time I wasn't thinking of the hotel room, I was referring to his bike incidents in Australia. He wasn't a child at the time of his actions at the hotel.

Thanks for clarifying that . Maybe we can now draw a line under these recent posts

Such a shame I'll never get to see Darcy Ward ride at the NSS .

Now that would have been worth the admission fee !

• Like 2

awsome is the word i think

• Like 2

Many would say the same..