British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jackofdiamonds

Newcastle V Workington Championship Ko Cup 2nd Leg Sunday June 25

I was just trying to make the point that we should move on from pointlessly arguing about a result of a meeting that's over now and we should talk about something else... People all have different opinions of what happened, but at the end of the day it's Newcastle who are going through, whether people like it or not, arguing and swearing about it isn't going to solve a thing...

Yep it's us next , a repeat of last year's final

• Like 1

Ricky Wells - 8.40

Kyle Howarth - 8.19

Richard Lawson - 9.19

Ricky wells is riding for USA in WTC

Not after Saturday, he ain't.......

you never know !

[quote name="Tsunami" post="2983562" timestamp="1498579519"

If you are planning on decorating this weekend, and haven't bought the stuff yet, try Workington Speedway. They seem to have stacks of whitewash available.

I actually did laugh out loud at this. Spot on, Mr. R.

Absent Friends:-

Lambert 10.13 (adjusted home GSA), S. Worrall 9.25 (adjusted home GSA) & Morris 9.33

Possible Replacements

Based on GSA (but dependent on availability in the UK) from Championship:

Masters 8.93, Wells 8.40 (assuming USA no longer involved),Lawson 9.19, Summers 8.98, R.Worrall 8.95, Grajczonek 9.46 (only for Lambert), Howarth 8.19

From Premier (x 1.2): Scott Nicholls 8.80, Edward Kennett 8.26

Take your pick - my guess Grajczonek & Richie Worrall for Diamonds, Summers for Berwick

Absent Friends:-

Lambert 10.13 (adjusted home GSA), S. Worrall 9.25 (adjusted home GSA) & Morris 9.33

Possible Replacements

Based on GSA (but dependent on availability in the UK) from Championship:

Masters 8.93, Wells 8.40 (assuming USA no longer involved),Lawson 9.19, Summers 8.98, R.Worrall 8.95, Grajczonek 9.46 (only for Lambert), Howarth 8.19

From Premier (x 1.2): Scott Nicholls 8.80, Edward Kennett 8.26

Take your pick - my guess Grajczonek & Richie Worrall for Diamonds, Summers for Berwick

you've got one right and one riding for the wrong team. Masters is in the Aussie WTC squad.

• Like 1

Yep it's us next , a repeat of last year's final

So whoever went through, Workington or Newcastle, won't make it any further anyway, which makes all the arguing even more pointless...

Ahhh, so if we're allowed two guests, Richie and Aaron please :) Not bothered who Berwick use, think we should beat them anyway...

Don't think there'll be any need for guests if it don't stop raining.

Has anyone who works with/on the track been there recently? How bad is it? Is there a chance it might be off? It'd be nice to know early because I am in Finland right now but will be travelling over to see the speedway, but if it's not on, I don't think I'll bother making the journey to start with. (I know it's early to say yet, but any idea would be nice)

Will there be any junior meetings afterwards too? They're always interesting to watch

Edited by Dandelion

No mention of the meeting controvesy in the Newcastle club weekly news in this weeks Speedway Star.

So whoever went through, Workington or Newcastle, won't make it any further anyway, which makes all the arguing even more pointless...

Ahhh, so if we're allowed two guests, Richie and Aaron please :) Not bothered who Berwick use, think we should beat them anyway...

Has anyone who works with/on the track been there recently? How bad is it? Is there a chance it might be off? It'd be nice to know early because I am in Finland right now but will be travelling over to see the speedway, but if it's not on, I don't think I'll bother making the journey to start with. (I know it's early to say yet, but any idea would be nice)

We already beat Berwick in the championship this season, and I think it was by 20+ points. Even without Lambert and Worrall, the guests will probably do great. A win seems more than likely. Would prefer the tigers pairing ;)

As for weather, it's only a continued light drizzle. I saw and heard the tractors out on the track (I live close, i didnt travel :rofl: )so I imagine they're doing their best to keep the meeting on. Hopefully it should still be on. :t:

We already beat Berwick in the championship this season, and I think it was by 20+ points. Even without Lambert and Worrall, the guests will probably do great. A win seems more than likely. Would prefer the tigers pairing ;)

As for weather, it's only a continued light drizzle. I saw and heard the tractors out on the track (I live close, i didnt travel :rofl: )so I imagine they're doing their best to keep the meeting on. Hopefully it should still be on. :t:

Yeah, tbh it'd be good if we just got Richie in for Lambert and then had R/R for Steve (Maybe put Ludvig at 5), and give Dan, Ben and Josh Embleton the rides, I'm sure they need the experience and I think we'd be ok against Berwick (I don't mean this in an offensive way)

My Uncle lives just south of Newcastle, in Durham and he says it's been chucking it down all day there :P I hope it's still on, but then again, it's always best to find out before you travel, and for me, it's going to be a looong way for no meeting...

My attitude to the whole season has completely changed since last week, I was a bit sick of speedway, but that meeting against Workington has completely won me over again :D

• Like 1

No mention of the meeting controvesy in the Newcastle club weekly news in this weeks Speedway Star.

nor will there be or someones job in newcastle could be on the line . ( george carpet english )

you've got one right and one riding for the wrong team. Masters is in the Aussie WTC squad.

Still showing their team as Doyle, Batchelor, Holder, Morris & Fricke on SWC site.

Are riders outwith the five selected, but in the original squad, prevented from riding elsewhere during WTC week ?