British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham V Plymouth Ko Cup 1st Leg Wed 28th June

BIRMINGHAM: Jack Parkinson-Blackburn, Layne Cupitt, David Mason, Tom Bacon, Liam Carr, Macauley Leek, Taylor Hampshire

PLYMOUTH: Steve Boxall, Richard Andrews, Benji Compton, Henry Atkins, Adam Roynon, William O’Keefe, Callum Walker

Any late weather updates would be much appreciated

Guest GiveusaB

Any late weather updates would be much appreciated

Raining at the moment and its forecast till mid afternoon and then again this evening?

Cant see it going ahead if previous cancellations are anything to go by?

Brummies have shot themselves in the foot this season with premature call offs !

Just checked met office website and its rain 'all day'....say no more!

Brummies have shot themselves in the foot this season with premature call offs !

A bit harsh. Can't think of a single rain-off that could have been staged, no matter how early the call-off was made. Better to call it off early and take the risk than to wait to the last minute, get the people inside the stadium and then call it off.

Spare a thought for the hoards of Plymouth fans who at this time of writing must be about to set out for the long journey to Birmingham. How far up the road are they supposed to go before a decision is made? Having been on one of those epic coach trips to Glasgow that got turned round at the Hamilton Services, I have every sympathy with the away fans in cases like this.

Guest GiveusaB

A bit harsh. Can't think of a single rain-off that could have been staged, no matter how early the call-off was made. Better to call it off early and take the risk than to wait to the last minute, get the people inside the stadium and then call it off.

Spare a thought for the hoards of Plymouth fans who at this time of writing must be about to set out for the long journey to Birmingham. How far up the road are they supposed to go before a decision is made? Having been on one of those epic coach trips to Glasgow that got turned round at the Hamilton Services, I have every sympathy with the away fans in cases like this.

I agree with your point about saving fans the cost/time of travel etc.....but Stoke on Bank Holiday was a definite cock-up and admitted by management!?

Anyway, I have spared a thought, which is why I replied to an earlier request of a weather update (this morning?)

Having said all that.....I think the met office have got it wrong so far today? Its been grey/overcast, but minimal rain so far?

P.s Nothing on the Brummies forum so far as weather updates go...???

Looking forward to seeing Steve Boxall again....he was 'class' in the league encounter!

Weather fine not rained here at perry barr since early morning track should be perfect..

I see the weather doomer is out in force again like against eastbourne

Dismal meeting for Brummies so far, 2 points down after 10 heats.. will be lucky now to have any kind of lead for 2nd leg

So when will Carr usurp JPB's average? Soon, I hope.

These take effect from 1st July

Jack P-Blackburn 10.67

Liam Carr 9.60

Tom Bacon 8.31

David Mason 6.54

Layne Cupitt 5.66

Taylor Hampshire 3.00

Kyle Roberts 3.00