British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins Vs Wolves (29-6-17)

Swindon are a team full of potential and they are showing that they are heading in the right direction. Unfortunately, as I have said before, they are one change away from having a team that can make the play-offs. The only rider not showing potential is Dany and that is that change that brining in Tungate would have made the difference. If Rosco sticks with this team - which is still basically the team that most wrote off at the start of the season - they will not make the play-offs.

• Like 2

If Doyley and Morra had been riding the Wolves wouldn't have got a point, The Robins nearly always pull clear in last 3 heats due to those two. Good to see Dave B back on fire, and two powerful reserve performances from Adam and Zach keeps improving.

Great work by those rip-roaring Robins.

• Like 1

Swindon are a team full of potential and they are showing that they are heading in the right direction. Unfortunately, as I have said before, they are one change away from having a team that can make the play-offs. The only rider not showing potential is Dany and that is that change that brining in Tungate would have made the difference. If Rosco sticks with this team - which is still basically the team that most wrote off at the start of the season - they will not make the play-offs.

Yea that one change is vital for us to have any hope ...be such a shame if we don't at least try .

• Like 1

A bit harsh saying he is showing no potential he has only had 1 home meeting and 1 away where he had a heat win. The issue is Berwick have priority.

A bit harsh saying he is showing no potential he has only had 1 home meeting and 1 away where he had a heat win. The issue is Berwick have priority.

Agree no blame on Dany whatsoever was thinking the other night Bellego,Ellis,Dany,Bradley three of those

have to be in a top 1/5 a big ask for me .

• Like 1

I see where you're coming from but from what I've heard, Tungate had agreed terms with Rosco to make the change when the 42 point average came in but he then did an about turn & signed for Belle Vue.

I see where you're coming from but from what I've heard, Tungate had agreed terms with Rosco to make the change when the 42 point average came in but he then did an about turn & signed for Belle Vue.

If that's the case then that's naughty and balls to him in the future!
  • Like 1

i hear that some extra cash was pushed his way
  • Like 2

i hear that some extra cash was pushed his way

Nice to see the Belle Vue promotion splashing the cash. :wink:

Sounds like our financial issues have been resolved to the point where we can compete with Swindon for a 4 point rider who was considered not good enough for Somerset.

The Aces are back, up yours buster!

'i hear' Rye paid more for Sedgemen than we paid for Tungate, lol!

#moneysavingexpert.com

Well if you're throwing money about, we hope you can pay all the bills at the end of the season as it would appear that the stadium owners don't take any prisoners! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

When I saw the teams for this match, I thought that fortunes were favouring Wolves again, in that they are riding against teams severely weakened by injuries and guests.

As good as Batch is riding this year, he would never be as good as Jason Doyle. The form of Morris has probably been the biggest eye opener of the season and represented a massive lost. Kurtz was never going to fill that void and was never the ideal replacement. Whereas, on the other hand Wolves, using King and Starke to replace Howarth and Riss I thought to be more than adequate, and if anything made them even stronger. and all thoughts were directed as an easy Wolves win.

For Swindon to overcome such odds and win must rank long side their best achievements ever A truly memorable performance, one that few could ever had forecast. Wolves would have gone home disappointed. They wont think they won a point tonight, they'll actually think they lost 2 pts in their quest to finish top of the league.

A big well done to Swindon , It must have been a good meeting to have witness....... I have always said, the closer the score the better the match........... :t:

​

R/R allowed Swindon to use their inform reserves. So whilst their guests werent as strong as the riders they replaced, they did enough. That being said - we were just not at our best for whatever reason. King didnt perform as expected. Masters looked sloooow.

Dany Gappimier has to sit out 7 days of racing as his illness was non speedway related. Id imagine Wolves will be making a protest if he does ride.

R/R allowed Swindon to use their inform reserves. So whilst their guests werent as strong as the riders they replaced, they did enough. That being said - we were just not at our best for whatever reason. King didnt perform as expected. Masters looked sloooow.

Dany Gappimier has to sit out 7 days of racing as his illness was non speedway related. Id imagine Wolves will be making a protest if he does ride.

Well he is riding for Berwick tonight, 4 days after sick note.

Sick note might have been backdated ;)

That would have been a good idea

Good to see Danny getting better after his sickness .

• Like 2