British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
havenagotahope

Bandits V Witches. 8th July

Riss does not race in Poland, but I do not know if he is riding in Germany at the weekend.

I thought the one league work visa restriction on Commonwealth riders had been relaxed and was the reason why the likes of Justin Sedgmen is able to race in both the PL & CL.

Riss does ride in Poland (not that often though)

He won't be Berwick's guest on Saturday though

Given that the home team shouldve been submitted on Tuesday the paying public should be in the know as to who tge guests are by now.....

• Like 1

Given that the home team shouldve been submitted on Tuesday the paying public should be in the know as to who tge guests are by now.....

Well it won't be Barker or Wells think they already riding elsewhere ? Given the lack of riders it may be Rider replacement !!

So, if it were a night of tremendous, cut and thrust racing (maybe like Tuesday in Sweden) with the -- admittedly underdog --Bandits battling for every point, but in the end going down, guns blazing, to the powerful Witches, you wouldn't turn out to see the show?

Just because you feel they won't win.

Arse.

Have you employed a new scriptwriter this season?
  • Like 1

Stay at home and watch the World Cup , or come to Berwick and watch The Bandits? No contest I'll be on the terraces in my usual spot watching The Bandits . Just like a marriage you support Berwick for better or worse only with Speedway there's no divorce. As others have said it looks highly unlikely well se a Bandits win but as Jimmy Greaves once said " it's a funny old game "

I agree with your principles of putting your team first but isn't it possible to record the televised speedway and watch as well, albeit later? I really don't know why we have to choose when it's so easy to do both.

Edited by Rob McCaffery

I agree with your principles of putting your team first but isn't it possible to record the televised speedway and watch as well, albeit later? I really don't know why we have to choose when it's so easy to do both.

And that's exactly what I'll be doing , it's just sometimes staying at home watching the Speedway with a bottle of something cold can seem a more preferable than an 80 mile round trip to Berwick to watch them lose a match that most likely wont be that great

Edited by DSC67

Everyone to their own, if speedway is on the tv I'll stay at home with the exception of Cardiff this year as my kids want to go.

Most domestic meetings these days are not value for money no matter how you try to compare its "low cost" against other sports

Everyone to their own, if speedway is on the tv I'll stay at home with the exception of Cardiff this year as my kids want to go.

Most domestic meetings these days are not value for money no matter how you try to compare its "low cost" against other sports

To be fair Berwick this season is a massive improvement on the last 8 years of processional racing. I have been entertained and have been getting my £15 worth, OK the team was never very good this season from the outset, some of the changes have been good like Morris and Howe, the amount of injuries certainly hasn't helped. If you don't get it right at the beginning, then a Saturday club like Berwick will struggle to put it right when all the talent has been snapped up.

The question I suppose is, do you pay £15 to be entertained, win or lose, or do you pay £15 to see your team win but be bored rigid. I think I will be entertained.. would be nice to win as well though, even occasionally.

Agree with Cookie, since Speedway has hit our screens my missus has never bothered to go. She used to be a big fan, but what's the point of forking out that sort of dosh when it's on the telly. If all meetings were like Vastervik (well worth £20) it might be different, but sadly there's too many meetings like that dross from Kings Lynn (not worth a fiver).

As for this meeting, if we dont get 4 points we should take up croquet.

Nothing suits all

Some will love watching their team win every week, some will love being entertained with the result secondary

Ideal is entertainment and seeing your home team win all the time but this is speedway

Not been to Berwick in a long long time in fact it was over 20years ago and their supporters were great

Berwick have been unfortunate with injuries so should not be propping up the league in all fairness

To be fair Berwick have simply not had the rub of the green this year and their future was also in doubt for some time before the start of the season.

I wish them well! (but not in this one)

Having said that the meeting on Saturday is one that the Witches need to win to continue the push at the top end of the table.

So far this season it's one win each on Berwick shale, admittedly the first was in the KO Cup and the job had already been done at Foxhall.

Personally I'm going for a Witches win as long as everything goes to plan but you never know what will occur when we are away from home.

7 riders on each side... possibly 6 if 1 of them not there due to varing issues.

Home team in red and blue. Away team in white and yellow/black. Paying public are not required to know which riders are where until money has been paid in full.. ... 😕

• Like 1

7 riders on each side... possibly 6 if 1 of them not there due to varing issues.

Home team in red and blue. Away team in white and yellow/black. Paying public are not required to know which riders are where until money has been paid in full.. ...

That seems to be the case nowadays,still if the crowds are flocking in !!