British Speedway Forum
mrss

Stars V Pirates. 13 July

Embarassing night all round for the sport. Can it sink any lower?

Edited by Shads

Would you buy an engine off this man?

Dodgy Keith v Matt Fraud,you couldn't make it up.

Edited by Lord Skid

I have to admit that I was an elite league snob and it took me a long time to adapt to being in the second tier of racing. After last nights debacle, I am pleased to see the errors of my way. I have thoroughly enjoyed the racing we have seen at the showground. As for Kings Lynn, it is a shame to see this happening. I was a

Lynn supporter in the sixties and seventies and to see this makes me very sad. No winner last night and the only loser is speedway.

• Like 5

In all my time this was without doubt the greatest demolition, the sport has ever seen. If ever there a was occasion when the self destruct button was pressed, then it was last night. Having scored an impressive away victory the previous night, what could possibly happen to stop us gaining a double over our bitter rivals. Thinking before the start, how nice the place looked with the new shale, and that wonderful new electric scoreboard. With Rain in the air, I expected we will start on time, and the proceedings to flow.

Batch won Heat 1 in an ultra quick time, but Kasprsak struggled to a halt, Heat 2 Rose won in another quick time and Shanes struggled. Lambert impressively won ht 3 but Starke struggled. A pattern is emerging. the times are getting slower, the races are spread out with only 3 finishers. Heat 4 Andersen beat Chris Holder from the gate to win, Chris give up on the second lap....Lambert again wins ht 5 with Kasprsak giving up . Heat 6 we are on a 5-1 when Batch hits trouble, Jorgensen takes over before coming to grief causing a 3 man pile-up. The track is deterriating before our very eyes. Holder refuses to come out for ht 7 and is excluded. There is mayhem in the pits nobody knows what going on. The night has turned into a nightmare.

Buster has to take the lions share of the responsibility. He was to blame for the state of the track. Unofficially, We have been told the old shale reacted with the new stuff and went solid with no give. The Ref has to take some blame for the way the meeting was drawn out. Even a blind man could see the track was wrong, yet it took 4 people refusing to ride, before the Ref went to the pits to confront the problem. And lastly the riders have to take some blame as well. There were other people who struggled but it was Chris Holder who initiated the proceedings of not wanting to ride.

Lambert who had 2 comfortable race wins was got at, else he would have continued. But it was so obvious the 2 Aussie couldn't give a damn for the sport, the fans or the fact this was an important meeting. They wanted out....

We fans had to wait over an hour for track work to be done, that should have been completed prior to the meeting, without one word of reason from the officials. They expected us to stand around and wait.. Eventually the meeting was completed, long pass the finishing time. The few people that remained went home in silence. this had been a knife through the heart of the sport. Never seen such shambles in all my life. I feel no urge left to ever go again. this was that bad...

It appeared the senior riders were complaining of the track, yet the younger ones relished the conditions and put on a decent showing. Holder had Batch really went down in my estimation. Pity Chris didn't have the same attitude as his brother. Kasprsak , didn't like the track but he stayed the course and won a couple of races.. I won't comment on Lamberts antics, but he has to learn you never go into the spectators pen ..... whatever the reason....

Finally, tonight was probably the last meeting many will bother to go again. We fans were treated terribly, We didn't know anything, we were not told anything, and were expected to do as they thought fit. Such a shame because tonight could have been a wonderful time when we as a club get noticed...... We sure did that.....

GRW123 said" In all my time this was without doubt the greatest demolition, the sport has ever seen. If ever there a was occasion when the self destruct button was pressed, then it was last night. Having scored an impressive away victory the previous night, what could possibly happen to stop us gaining a double over our bitter rivals. Thinking before the start, how nice the place looked with the new shale, and that wonderful new electric scoreboard. With Rain in the air, I expected we will start on time, and the proceedings to flow."

And is certainly so in my experience too. - did no-one think about the results of their actions?

So much anticipation and eagerness to see how it would all unfold. But then it just collapsed onto itself. Self destruct indeed.

​Buster and Chris Holder seem to be the ones who started the supporters nightmare and should be called to account by the SCB -bringing the sport into disrepute - comes to mind. As they are such "respected figures within the sport" - who knows.

From being my current speedway hero over the last four years Robert Lambert, sadly seems to be growing down rather than growing up.

And yes - as GRW123 also said and with which I completely agree - we fans were treated terribly.

"Finally, tonight was probably the last meeting many will bother to go again. We fans were treated terribly, We didn't know anything, we were not told anything, and were expected to do as they thought fit. Such a shame because tonight could have been a wonderful time when we as a club get noticed...... We sure did that.....

Any truth in holders 28 day ban???

'Whinging Poms' comes to mind...funny how the likes of Holder, Batch, Doyle, Tungate, Grajz, amongst other Aussies, all seem to be in the mix when it comes to complaining about track conditions that don't suit them...seems to be a recurring theme in Speedway these days. Aussies say Brits 'whinge'...yet they seem to be the one's complaining all the time and throwing their toys out of the pram.

These riders and certain Promotors have regular fans by the short and curly's...they know these fans will turn up week in, week out ( even though that's impossible these days with the lack of fixtures lol...but you get my drift)...for fear of their Club getting into financial difficulties. Certain Promotions and Riders seem to have a total disregard to the paying public who pay their wages.

If I was a Kings Lynn fan, I would be asking for my money back, as Speedway was wrongly advertised, what you witnessed was a circus event...mainly clowns.

Speak with your feet...Don't go to the next home meeting...let them race in an empty stadium. Treat them with the contempt they showed the paying fans.

• Like 3

The only comment I will make some of our fans or so called fans all they could see was the 4 points we got not the interest in speedway as a whole very sad let's hope these fan's find something else to do when they close the coffin for the last time ps i see the centre green announcer has now resigned

• Like 8

The only comment I will make some of our fans or so called fans all they could see was the 4 points we got not the interest in speedway as a whole very sad let's hope these fan's find something else to do when they close the coffin for the last time ps i see the centre green announcer has now resigned

Well said that man.....a true Poole fan AND a speedway fan.

Poole did nothing wrong at all last night, they got on with it and won the meeting.

But Shovlar is a disgrace to the sport pure and simple. He wont be happy until its just Poole speedway left and nobody to race against.

Far bigger issues last night then the 4 points which the vast majority of Poole fans realise and i have to say even Starman seems a bit embarrassed by it all.

Unfortunately we still get the rubbish served up from Shovlar.........chris4gillian has taken him to task and im sure more of you Poole fans feel the same

• Like 2

Can't add anything extra to this except I agree with Ray that 4away points very nice but in my view tainted and yes although the pirates didn't do anything wrong its our sport that has suffered

• Like 3

I find it staggering that some have implied throughout the thread that Holder's actions is almost a plan to return to Poole and abit of bribery involved.

When will people learn that he doesn't really give a damn about Poole or British Speedway for that matter? He's only out to look after himself and that's all. I've lost count of the amount of times when a track hasn't been like a snooker table and there's reports then that he's the loudest mouth about wanting to call the meeting off.

• Like 6

I see that Buster has apologised to fans on the KL website.

He does care.

Sent out a tweet saying it was nice to be back at Poole and thanked the fans.

KL should be grateful to us for loaning him out for the year.

Chris will be coming home next year and if NKI turns Britain down then KL could be in bigger bother than they are at this moment.

No, you sacked him off m8! Or rather Matt did without hardly a word from the fans!! Oops, wasn't gonna do this but there ya go!

firstly i would like to congratulate the poole riders and management on a victory under obviously difficult circumstances,secondly it appears the kings lynn management and riders are a total disgrace and have let their supporters down so very very badly and i have real sympathy for those loyal fans,thirdly i wish the lynn manager a speedy and full recovery,i would suggest he puts his health before speedway and assumes a less demanding role more behind the scene.from a league point of view the mighty pirates are now marching relentlessly into the play-offs where we know aces will bottle the final and the wolves will have no woofy or his engines so all to play for

Big question is....Is Worrall still sh!te then?? Would Brady have done better?? Been no mention tonight for some reason??

I did mention that Richie Worrall did a good job earlier.

• Like 2

He does care.

Sent out a tweet saying it was nice to be back at Poole and thanked the fans.

KL should be grateful to us for loaning him out for the year.

Chris will be coming home next year and if NKI turns Britain down then KL could be in bigger bother than they are at this moment.

If when all last nights farce has been looked into (or not) if it turns out Chris Holder was involved in it then I expect KL fans will be glad to send him back to you as his average has certainly dropped while riding for them and it seems obvious he would rather be at Poole, it was Matt Ford that sacked him in the first place and thats why he ended up at KL certainly not through his own choice.