British Speedway Forum
mrss

Stars V Pirates. 13 July

Chris gets his average down to 6.5 - 7.5 next year we sign him on a bargain average with two other No.1s a cruise to the title in 2018.

Well good luck with that because by the time the 2018 season comes round there will probably only be 5 or 6 Premiership tracks left.

• Like 4

Might of been a plan.

MF sends Chris out on loan on a ridiculous 12.53 average.

Chris gets his average down to 6.5 - 7.5 next year we sign him on a bargain average with two other No.1s a cruise to the title in 2018.

So you think Chris was happy to not have a job at Poole this year?

Might of been a plan.

MF sends Chris out on loan on a ridiculous 12.53 average.

do you honestly believe that Matt ford would sacrifice season 2017 to get Chris holder back on a low average in 2018 all I can say you don't know Matt ford at all

I see that Buster has apologised to fans on the KL website.

Need to hear a lot more than "sorry and please don't turn your back on the club" - Buster needs to demonstrate that he is taking remedial ACTION ( deeds not words ) to make sure that he or someone he pays to prepare the track actually do so to the extent that that riders have the confidence to RACE on the surface provided ( not merely ride on it as as happened most of this season ). Fans are turning their backs on you and KL - the place you have put your heart into because you are longer focussed enough on it. What has been on offer this season is dreadful racing.

And for riders they accept that they cannot hope to ride for the Big Euro deals on offer in Poland where rider power has no effect on wether matches are called off or not. It was rider power last night! Ugly too! Might as well have sat on the fence and taken a dump on the terraces ( rubbish on the fans in other words ). If rider want it to be perfect every time they race they need to ride a pushtrike in a kiddies padding pool. Or perhaps virtual speedway app. with no element of danger involved at all.

In all my time this was without doubt the greatest demolition, the sport has ever seen. If ever there a was occasion when the self destruct button was pressed, then it was last night. Having scored an impressive away victory the previous night, what could possibly happen to stop us gaining a double over our bitter rivals. Thinking before the start, how nice the place looked with the new shale, and that wonderful new electric scoreboard. With Rain in the air, I expected we will start on time, and the proceedings to flow.

Batch won Heat 1 in an ultra quick time, but Kasprsak struggled to a halt, Heat 2 Rose won in another quick time and Shanes struggled. Lambert impressively won ht 3 but Starke struggled. A pattern is emerging. the times are getting slower, the races are spread out with only 3 finishers. Heat 4 Andersen beat Chris Holder from the gate to win, Chris give up on the second lap....Lambert again wins ht 5 with Kasprsak giving up . Heat 6 we are on a 5-1 when Batch hits trouble, Jorgensen takes over before coming to grief causing a 3 man pile-up. The track is deterriating before our very eyes. Holder refuses to come out for ht 7 and is excluded. There is mayhem in the pits nobody knows what going on. The night has turned into a nightmare.

Buster has to take the lions share of the responsibility. He was to blame for the state of the track. Unofficially, We have been told the old shale reacted with the new stuff and went solid with no give. The Ref has to take some blame for the way the meeting was drawn out. Even a blind man could see the track was wrong, yet it took 4 people refusing to ride, before the Ref went to the pits to confront the problem. And lastly the riders have to take some blame as well. There were other people who struggled but it was Chris Holder who initiated the proceedings of not wanting to ride.

Lambert who had 2 comfortable race wins was got at, else he would have continued. But it was so obvious the 2 Aussie couldn't give a damn for the sport, the fans or the fact this was an important meeting. They wanted out....

We fans had to wait over an hour for track work to be done, that should have been completed prior to the meeting, without one word of reason from the officials. They expected us to stand around and wait.. Eventually the meeting was completed, long pass the finishing time. The few people that remained went home in silence. this had been a knife through the heart of the sport. Never seen such shambles in all my life. I feel no urge left to ever go again. this was that bad...

It appeared the senior riders were complaining of the track, yet the younger ones relished the conditions and put on a decent showing. Holder had Batch really went down in my estimation. Pity Chris didn't have the same attitude as his brother. Kasprsak , didn't like the track but he stayed the course and won a couple of races.. I won't comment on Lamberts antics, but he has to learn you never go into the spectators pen ..... whatever the reason....

Finally, tonight was probably the last meeting many will bother to go again. We fans were treated terribly, We didn't know anything, we were not told anything, and were expected to do as they thought fit. Such a shame because tonight could have been a wonderful time when we as a club get noticed...... We sure did that.....

What a superb post. Like you, I was one of those that stood in complete disbelief at what I was watching unfold in front of me. After an excellent win at Poole the night before, I couldn't see how we could loose this meeting. We had a full strength team, with the return of Simon Lambert. Remember he scored 7+2 on his last appearance at Saddlebow Rd. Poole were using R/R and their number one rider KK was erratic to say the least. The opening time of 58.12 was less than a second outside the track record, so what could possibly go wrong? After three heats we were 6 points up, it was all going according to plan, or so I thought! I won't go through what happened next, as its been beautifully summarised above, but sadly it was probably one of the blackest days I can remember at this stadium in many a long year. We were treated as if we didn't matter, and I for one won't be going any more this season. That was the final straw for me, and what's really sad is to be honest, I don't care.

• Like 4

So you think Chris was happy to not have a job at Poole this year?

He did not want a job there, he wanted only a visa from them to race in Europe. Be honest about it.

• Like 2

Well good luck with that because by the time the 2018 season comes round there will probably only be 5 or 6 Premiership tracks left.

Probably only have a Championship and Premiership combined league next year.

If the track last night had been prepared properly it would have been a comfortable win for Lynn, unfortunately the track put doubt in too many minds, then with all the off track problems total confusion.The Poole management obviously saw this and probably said carry on, get on with it get to heat 12 and we can call it as the Lynn riders don't want it,we could get a point,however they probably couldn't believe their luck as Lynn went into melt down with riders and management arguing and imploding, so all they basically had to do was get to the tapes and the meeting was won,good for Poole, bad for Lynn and an absolute disaster for speedway, no amount of talking or writing will put this one to bed.

• Like 1

There won't I'm sure a couple of Championship clubs would step up if that was the case

Glasgow, Ipswich and Peterborough

Where I live a couple is 2!!
  • Like 1

What a disgraceful thing to say about holder,one of the few gp riders still here,and such a loyal rider to British speedway over the last 10 years

Loyal!! As pointed out elsewhere he's only riding in the UK for the visa. Wasn't very loyal to the fans or his best mate when he was one of the ringleaders who instigated the early curtailment of the Darcy Ward benefit meeting at the beginning of the season (again because the track wasn't to his liking).

It's his way or no way - and looking at the comments below I'm not alone in thinking that. Speedway in this country is in enough of a state as it is without the likes of Holder etc. adding to the mix. Would he have taken the same action in Poland and run the risk of losing his lucrative pay cheques? Would he hell, he's taking the piss out of British Speedway and it would be better off without him

Holder is only here because he has to be here, not because he wants to be

'Whinging Poms' comes to mind...funny how the likes of Holder, Batch, Doyle, Tungate, Grajz, amongst other Aussies, all seem to be in the mix when it comes to complaining about track conditions that don't suit them...seems to be a recurring theme in Speedway these days. Aussies say Brits 'whinge'...yet they seem to be the one's complaining all the time and throwing their toys out of the pram.

These riders and certain Promotors have regular fans by the short and curly's...they know these fans will turn up week in, week out ( even though that's impossible these days with the lack of fixtures lol...but you get my drift)...for fear of their Club getting into financial difficulties. Certain Promotions and Riders seem to have a total disregard to the paying public who pay their wages.

If I was a Kings Lynn fan, I would be asking for my money back, as Speedway was wrongly advertised, what you witnessed was a circus event...mainly clowns.

Speak with your feet...Don't go to the next home meeting...let them race in an empty stadium. Treat them with the contempt they showed the paying fans.

I find it staggering that some have implied throughout the thread that Holder's actions is almost a plan to return to Poole and abit of bribery involved.

When will people learn that he doesn't really give a damn about Poole or British Speedway for that matter? He's only out to look after himself and that's all. I've lost count of the amount of times when a track hasn't been like a snooker table and there's reports then that he's the loudest mouth about wanting to call the meeting off.

• Like 6

I'm led to believe that the Sky deal doesn't finish until after next season, so there will still be this joke division ( with it's crazy fixture list ) for one more year.

I'm led to believe that the Sky deal doesn't finish until after next season, so there will still be this joke division ( with it's crazy fixture list ) for one more year.

I assume you mean BT.

So I've waited until the dust has settled a little - although there doesn't seem to have been any dust at the AFA last night - and have read through several pages of comments, many of which seem sincere as well as the usual wind-ups.

Firstly I'll make it clear that I wasn't there last night, I was following on updates and the Poole twitter feed.

Secondly whilst I am no particular fan of Chris Holder's attitude (although I do love to watch him race when in-form), what I find difficult to understand is why his home track has been prepared as 'very grippy' when he has stated quite openly that he hated the track when visiting as an away rider and doesn't like too much grip. It was also reported on here that young Lambert was assisting Buster by going around with him an the tractor and 'telling him what he wanted the track to be like'!! Why, if this is different to what your 'top' riders want?

At the end of it all, a sad night for Kings Lynn Speedway in particular, as many Pirate fans thought about Poole Speedway after Wednesday night.

Thanks for the 4 points and best wishes to Dale Allitt for a full and speedy recovery.

Finally, I couldn't resist a smile at Gavan's posts having a go at other posters for commenting whilst not being at the meeting!! A greater irony I have not witnessed for many months!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

No but you can't build a winning team when 1 rider uses up 12.53 of the points.

Therefore Chris had to go out on loan otherwise we would've ended up like Swindon.

Deep down in their hearts MF wanted Chris at No.1 but knew it was impossible to build a competitive team around his average.

And Chris wanted to be at Poole because

1. The fans adore him

2. To ride with his brother and show him the ropes

3. Gets on with Middleditch well they are like brothers.

Is this the Swindon team that is on a roll and could easily get into the play offs ahead of either Poole or Lynn?

The same Swindon team that beat Poole at Poole?? Maybe if you kept Holder you might have beaten them.

Holder has form for being a whinger regarding track work as does Batchelor

And no i cant see Holder riding for Poole next year. Hates the track and more importantly the way he was treated by Matt Ford

I dont reckon Holder will ride here next year