British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gmuncie

Championship Fours 06/08 Peterborough

Captain Marvel...................I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the showground. The presentation was pretty slick although the PA systems could do with being turned down a bit!!

NO! :o I always use my Peterborough Sunday afternoon visits as a method of avoiding having my ears syringed. :D Love their music.

.......Shads...............From what I've heard Belle Vue suffers from over officious stewarding. I prefer the wide open spaces at the EOES. You can relax on a picnic chair, bring your own food and drink and move freely around all parts of the stadium.

Yes I agree. Not only that but also take your 4 legged friend if you wish. :) I didn't go yesterday but I know someone who took their Greyhound and I'm sure there were others as there are normally at least 10 there for league matches.

Edited by Gemini

I'm surprised no one has moaned about the annoying guy on the mic yet.

I can understand how the deal may have be beneficial to Torun and certainly Holder and although Rathbone seems to have received/ been promised money from Torun I wonder how he has calculated the offset of this money against the potential loss of revenue as a result of fans who may not now bother turning up to watch the Panthers or has he just assumed there will be insufficient impact on any future attendances?

Edited by WembleyLion

Struggling to think of anyone since Ryan Sullivan and Simon Stead that Peterborough have developed???

Why bring Ipswich into it? The club that brought along 4 top British riders in Chris Louis , Mark Loram, Danny King and Scott Nicholls. As well as other stars over the years, Rickardsson, Doncaster, Sigalos, Sanders, Davey.

I could go on and on little boy.

Im lost why Ipswich need to raise their game, currently in the play offs again while your team are struggling in mid table. Then again this season you havent used your quota of 24 riders.

Now i know the school holidays end early September have we really got to put up with your crap until then

Let him have his glory, he is a spurs fan, so not used to winning much. Dan Dan the Tottenham fan. If you think he is funny on here, you should check out his twitter account. Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

Crikey you are not wrong there mate Geordie idiot . also the PA system was way to loud in the stands..

Great performance by the Panthers and the Bears - shame the Bitches and Tiggers couldn't motivate themselves after looking good in the Semi finals.

I would say that the Final produced the best racing I have witnessed in following this sport for 43 years... ! :t:

There are very few if any that support what Mr Rathbone did re Holder and his absence, but I fail to understand how some can claim that Panthers won through cheating or breaking the rules. It is very clear that Panthers team was considerably weaker than it would have been if Holder had of been there.

• Like 1

Are you talking about Craig Saul? I thought the northern guy was like a breath of fresh air, once I tuned into his accent :P

• Like 1

Are you talking about Craig Saul? I thought the northern guy was like a breath of fresh air, once I tuned into his accent :P

Think he means Roy Clarke . Roy's done the fours for the past two or three years .

• Like 1

Think he means Roy Clarke . Roy's done the fours for the past two or three years .

No idea of his name but I really enjoyed his work. Might be different if I had to listen to him every week tho.

No idea of his name but I really enjoyed his work. Might be different if I had to listen to him every week tho.

Crikey I think you need to change your Meds!! :D

I actually like Roy Clarke, he is a presenter at Berwick every week. He knows his stuff, keeps the crowd informed between races, does good interviews with the riders and he's done some things this season that I've not seen done before, like interview some of the visiting fans between races. He doesn't try and wind people up, but is still good to listen to IMO. Glad to have him at Berwick.

Struggling to think of anyone since Ryan Sullivan and Simon Stead that Peterborough have developed???

Why bring Ipswich into it? The club that brought along 4 top British riders in Chris Louis , Mark Loram, Danny King and Scott Nicholls. As well as other stars over the years, Rickardsson, Doncaster, Sigalos, Sanders, Davey.

Mark Loram - I don't think so. It was Hackney that turned him from a reserve in 87 to a superstar in 88. By the time he joined you he was already up there.

• Like 2

Mark Loram - I don't think so. It was Hackney that turned him from a reserve in 87 to a superstar in 88. By the time he joined you he was already up there.

I know as my uncle sponsored him.

87 he was the number 7 where every team had to promote a junior whose job was to beat the opposing number 7 which Mark did most times.

88 he went to heat leader in the National League,

89 moved with Pavitt , Louis, Louis and Moggo to Ipswich and won the National League riders before moving up to Kings Lynn in 1990.

I know he cut his teeth at Hackney same as Chris did but i hate that annoying little Corbynfan troll lol

Exactly what I said yesterday.

I actually like Roy Clarke, he is a presenter at Berwick every week. He knows his stuff, keeps the crowd informed between races, does good interviews with the riders and he's done some things this season that I've not seen done before, like interview some of the visiting fans between races. He doesn't try and wind people up, but is still good to listen to IMO. Glad to have him at Berwick.

Top man is Roy actually does his best to make the paying fans enjoy the meeting, I enjoy him at Berwick plus as he showed last year done a brill job when the 4's was over the whole weekend.

• Like 2