British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gmuncie

Championship Fours 06/08 Peterborough

No idea of his name but I really enjoyed his work. Might be different if I had to listen to him every week tho.

I think that they are all irritating if you have to listen to them every week. Technology has given us lots of wonderful things but the roving mic isn't one of them, especially since the likes of Bennett and Fletcher gave up the job.

No idea of his name but I really enjoyed his work. Might be different if I had to listen to him every week tho.

He also presents at Redcar and Berwick. Difficult start at Redcar being our 'enemy', but he has toned down his accent a bit at all his speedway gigs. Likes a laugh and gives all riders a memorable nickname for every opportunity/race they are in. 'Ruthless' Robert, 'Captain Lightning' Lindgren, 'Dynamite Lewis', 'Soooper Stevie Worrell',etc.

Also has full 2 pages in the meeting magazine and it's called Ranting Roy.

Yu canna whack a real Geordie accent :D

Cook seems to losing the plot again,can't handle pressure when the going gets tough as the last few weeks proves.

Apparently Cook was pulled up twice after his first two rides for riding through the pits. On the third occasion, Jason tackled him again and Cook lost it and smacked him sending Jason's papers everywhere. Lots of mirth.

Edited by Tsunami

I know as my uncle sponsored him.

87 he was the number 7 where every team had to promote a junior whose job was to beat the opposing number 7 which Mark did most times.

88 he went to heat leader in the National League,

89 moved with Pavitt , Louis, Louis and Moggo to Ipswich and won the National League riders before moving up to Kings Lynn in 1990.

I know he cut his teeth at Hackney same as Chris did but i hate that annoying little Corbynfan troll lol

I think you maybe undersell his efforts in 1988 by just saying he moved to heat leader. He was probably the best rider in the league that season...I can't actually remember if he topped the averages or not.

This is part of the SGB report in regard to the Championship Fours meeting at Peterborough. May I ask - guesstimate if needs be - what the 'bumper crowd' mentioned was?

The SGB report reads: "...PETERBOROUGH were crowned 2017 SGB Championship Fours Winners in front of a bumper crowd at their home circuit on Sunday..."

This is part of the SGB report in regard to the Championship Fours meeting at Peterborough. May I ask - guesstimate if needs be - what the 'bumper crowd' mentioned was?

The SGB report reads: "...PETERBOROUGH were crowned 2017 SGB Championship Fours Winners in front of a bumper crowd at their home circuit on Sunday..."

Has been mentioned a few times in this thread as 3000

He also presents at Redcar and Berwick. Difficult start at Redcar being our 'enemy', but he has toned down his accent a bit at all his speedway gigs. Likes a laugh and gives all riders a memorable nickname for every opportunity/race they are in. 'Ruthless' Robert, 'Captain Lightning' Lindgren, 'Dynamite Lewis', 'Soooper Stevie Worrell',etc.

Also has full 2 pages in the meeting magazine and it's called Ranting Roy.

Yu canna whack a real Geordie accent :D

Apparently Cook was pulled up twice after his first two rides for riding through the pits. On the third occasion, Jason tackled him again and Cook lost it and smacked him sending Jason's papers everywhere. Lots of mi

I think Roy is great, can sometimes be a bit OTT but generally great and adds to the atmosphere. He oftens knows which riders to push it with and which ones not too and everyone always looks forward to the 'Elliott report' up at Brough. :P:P :P

Edited by diamond@heart
  • Like 1

What about Louis trying to change the Witches line-up and when told it was wrong he said he knew that. He didn't cheat, but he tried to. And he was strengthening not weakening. They're all at it, some get caught, some don't

According to the KL thread Buster tried to redeclare KL with an illegal side (only one ride who has been NL elegible (. If you have the chairman trying to cheat...

I had an absolute ball yesterday , okay my poor wallet tells me i had too many £4-50 pints ,

If my local sold 4.50 pints I'm sure I'd be drinking too many as well! Though did you say overpriced?

Likes a laugh and gives all riders a memorable nickname for every opportunity/race they are in. 'Ruthless' Robert, 'Captain Lightning' Lindgren, 'Dynamite Lewis', 'Soooper Stevie Worrell',etc.

Saul was doing that 20 years ago. Wonder what his first nickname was? That's a Panthers quiz question if ever there was one. Or, who was the Golden Bullet? He's on woohaa mode at the moment which is rather unfortunate!

I think you maybe undersell his efforts in 1988 by just saying he moved to heat leader. He was probably the best rider in the league that season...I can't actually remember if he topped the averages or not.

He was third in the averages behind Andy Galvin and Steve Schofield.

He was second in Hackneys averages behind Galvin and rode mainly at number 5 in the team

Remember Chris Louis starting the season at number 7 and moving up to number 2 to partner Galvin in heat one. Great times

So no punishment yet for Peterborough`s Jack Holder.

I doubt he will be punished, isn't it Mr Rathbone who should be punished for devaluing the event by not seeking approval from the correct authorities. It should be him and not the rider or the club who are sanctioned, slap him with a big fine, payable out of his pocket. He clearly gave little thought for the 4's, speedway fans/paying public or Peterborough speedway when he agreed it with Jack. We will never know whether Holder asked whether this had been passed by the correct authorities, probably not as both him and Mr Rathbone saw a big pay day.

• Like 1

Also credit to the Berwick fans on bend 1, great bunch of fans and an inspired David Howe chant!

• Like 4

Saul was doing that 20 years ago. Wonder what his first nickname was? That's a Panthers quiz question if ever there was one. Or, who was the Golden Bullet? He's on woohaa mode at the moment which is rather unfortunate!

The Golden Bullet...Hans Clausen
  • Like 1

It is probable the Holder let it be known he was going to Torun on Sunday regardless. Few if any at Peterborough agree with Ged Rathbones actions. To give as an excuse that the season was over anyway seems naïve I( a euphemism) to say the least.