British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Belle Vue V Swindon 14/7/17

Riss has to be replaced quite a bad injury and even if he comes back will take time to get back to full speed.Can Clegg come back for Greaves now? or not i feel he could score a extra point or two which could be vital to replace Riss that will be difficult.

Clegg isn't good enough to be the senior reserve. I'm still hoping that M Riss returns ahead of schedule and is 100% ready come the playoffs.

It's all about having the right gear and engines and certain mentality . Always knew BWD had the ability...it's just down to finance and set up at this level and that mentality. Same can be said of Tungate...give him the equipment and he'll do it for you. Wonder where his best engines are...abroad?

In Ellis and BWD, Swindon have got two riders that are exciting to watch and who obviously enjoy their racing. I'm enjoying watching their progress.

• Like 4

First of all, well done Swindon , completely deserved winners .

But can anyone explain why BV riders looked 10 yrds slower than the visiting riders ?

Not being disrespectful because he looks a fine prospect

But how can riders like BWD absolutely fly round the NSS on their first ever visit , yet the home riders look really slow ?

Set ups ?

Machinery ?

Certainly puts a different spin on the forthcoming KO Cup clash.

I think many Aces fans thought it would be a walk in the park.

As a Rye fan I'm now rooting for the Robins as they have stood by their riders and are gaining the reward.

BWD has huge potential and I'm sure a few Polish teams will be taking a look.

Stood by their riders ?

Made two changes recently haven't they ?

• Like 1

But can anyone explain why BV riders looked 10 yrds slower than the visiting riders ?

But how can riders like BWD absolutely fly round the NSS on their first ever visit , yet the home riders look really slow ?

Set ups ?

Machinery ?

Join the "Agatha Christie" - how does this come about club as many supporters have the same questions about KL Stars.

As well as Set ups? Machinery? we also add track prep? and rider motivation ( match guarantees instead of points )?

• Like 1

Set ups ?

Machinery ?

It's a lot to do with machinery and getting the set up right for the track conditions. Then you have to take in fatigue, travel and the mental state of the riders on the night.

You look at the times of a meeting, and it's pretty much within a second each week.

So why do riders, perform one week, but not the next?

At this level, riders are much of a muchness. It's mainly down to machinery and getting the set up spot on early.

However...Speedway riders can't help tinkering. They get it right one week...but still they will tinker to try and find extra speed. Yet this often leads to going backwards instead of forwards. Riders are like sheep...they see someone do something, and they all try it. An engine tuner says you need this doing, and they do it. It's been like this for as long as I can remember.

You'll also get occasions where they prepare the track, thinking it's one thing, yet turns out the other. Home riders think it's slick, but turns out grippier than expected. Seen this happen a few times this season especially. You usually get a lot of mid meeting grading then lol

• Like 1

Still..... the question is, why was BWD allowed to ride for Swindon, when this meeting was put in after Peterboroughs, so technically shouldnt of been riding for Swindon. Good old consistent BSPA once again,

• Like 1

Still..... the question is, why was BWD allowed to ride for Swindon, when this meeting was put in after Peterboroughs, so technically shouldnt of been riding for Swindon. Good old consistent BSPA once again,

Yes good question i am not surprised you want an answer as you could have done with him last night.

Don't know where you got that from, this meeting been in the fixtures since first released in January.

• Like 2

Stood by their riders ?

Made two changes recently haven't they ?

Effectively the same rider in the team (Grondal replaced by Gappmeier replaced by Alpen) - which is where Swindon have been lacking - now have a better balanced side Edited by Steve0
  • Like 3

Set ups ?

Machinery ?

Maybe a deal because Swindon have to be top 4? Bet the teams above them feel aggrieved but that's the way it goes sometimes, speedway is not a science and results can be unpredictable. :wink:

Edited by SPEEDY69

I reckon riders turn up at the NSS take a look at the track and think wow this is miles better than what I'm used to,I can't wait to have a blast round there.Big,fast loads of room and very smooth,bring it on.Swindon did and battered us.Too much tinkering with set ups by Aces riders and poor gating cost us.

• Like 1

Last night was my firs visit to the NSS. I left feeling disappointed, having seen so many great races there on TV. The two memorable races were for 2nd/3rd place. It seemed to be that the guy in second on both occasions lost out by trying to catch the rider in front and was riding slightly the wrong line. Last night there seemed to be one really fast line out wide. Perhaps regular attenders could comment on whether the track was prepared differently to usual. One thing that struck me was that Cook was very reluctant to try the outside line, continually trying to work his way through on the inside. I'd have thought he'd have worked it out after his first ride. Maybe he had bike problems?

• Like 1

Clegg isn't good enough to be the senior reserve. I'm still hoping that M Riss returns ahead of schedule and is 100% ready come the playoffs.

What a crap rule what a surprise ??? is Clegg much different in ability and experience to Greaves.? Edited by Sidney the robin