British Speedway Forum
SCB

Buster Chapman - Is He Good For The Sport?

Could always let Horton have a go!!

Good one and would have made us laugh even in the Jokes thread! No one wants to wear the Big Blazer and front the BSPA that's for sure. Why would they?

Could always let Horton have a go!!

Oi! Leave Birmingham's next promoter alone :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I tend to agree with the thoughts you have but what is strange is that Swindon has just transferred a second rider into the team. Another Premiership team is possibly not going to continue next year.

Why would Swindon be buying "assets"?, maybe go speed know something about 2018.

Maybe there is a sponsor on the horizon but will the bspa waste another opportunity to build the sport and get it right at last.

Why would any major sponsor decide to back speedway or the BSPA? They would surely have taken a long hard look at the sport and unless the would be sponsor is led by an existing fan, there cannot be much "meat " in the idea. Except of course IF there is a continuation of the BT coverage and that might entice someone if the viewer numbers warrant it. Can't see it myself.

Why would any major sponsor decide to back speedway or the BSPA?

Before they get that far, they would have to be seduced by Terry Russell's SloSpeed International Ltd outfit, as they have the sole privilages / responsiility for finding the BSPA / Leagues their title sponsors.

If Buster gets this postponement V Rye House wrong and the evening turns out fine, he will have failed Stars fans again. And if he believes that the Poole debacle is "behind us" he should consider his position as Chairman of the BSPA and think about the right time to step down, His leadership rating is very poor.

If Buster gets this postponement V Rye House wrong and the evening turns out fine, he will have failed Stars fans again. And if he believes that the Poole debacle is "behind us" he should consider his position as Chairman of the BSPA and think about the right time to step down, His leadership rating is very poor.

What do you mean gets it wrong? He knows today will be nice and sunny all day. I've been at Lynn after a deluge - with the sun out the track is fine again just a few hours later. Surely everyone can see through this 'postponement'. Look what happened to Belle Vue a few years ago - and they had better reasons to cancel in my view. Can't really see the BSPA taking action against their chairman but Rye can feel rightly aggrieved.

KL appear to be in disarray. Buster needs to kick a few behinds, maybe sack a couple riders and throw his arms open to what faithful fans he still has. Smoothing over the cracks, I fear, may be the road to disaster.

• Like 1

Buster is like marmite - Love him ( and his leadership style ) or Loathe him and his ideas for the future of speedway. He will remain there for a few years yet ( unless he decides otherwise ) and speedway as a whole will have no choice but to live with the results of his efforts. At least he is not an " everything is OK " fence sitter ,as it had been for the previous fifteen years or so.

Buster is like marmite - Love him ( and his leadership style ) or Loathe him and his ideas for the future of speedway. He will remain there for a few years yet ( unless he decides otherwise ) and speedway as a whole will have no choice but to live with the results of his efforts. At least he is not an " everything is OK " fence sitter ,as it had been for the previous fifteen years or so.

No - he is not a 'fence sitter' as you put it.

He needs to be able to carry the rest of the BSPA with him though.

Given that he expressed a wish some time back to get rid of Double Points - it would seem that in, at least, some cases that the BSPA are not prepared to back him.

He can only bring improvements to the Sport with the support of his fellow Promoters. Will he get that? I have to say that I have my doubts.

I certainly hope that he does get that support.

We can only wait and see.

• Like 2

Before they get that far, they would have to be seduced by Terry Russell's SloSpeed International Ltd outfit, as they have the sole privilages / responsiility for finding the BSPA / Leagues their title sponsors.

I've previously asked this question of Mr Russell, Sponsorship is there for anyone to bring in, always has been.

Edited by Reliant Robin

This is a genuine question because I really don't know.

What does GoSpeed International actually do for Speedway?

I don't want to cause any bother, but I would like to know.

Buster the facts:

1. Has he done well with the King's Lynn stadium, making it multi use & sustainable? YES 100%.

2. Has he the ability to produce a good race track for good racing? YES 100%.

3. Has he in the last few years delivered some horrendous track surfaces not fit for racing on such a fast circuit? Your answers please!