British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, noggin said:

Should have kept Hans.

Yep true and Jack but too late for that now got to move on and every rider is vulnerable for the chop. Can't see Szczepaniak lasting long and if Chris Holder isn't back we will have to re-jig the whole team. 

4 hours ago, poole keith said:

you i recall  were delighted when he was signed as i and many other poole supporters were, unfortunately it didnt work  thats sport,like a few im not convinced the reasons for his failings were 100% down to kk

I was at the time, and rightly so. I like many others thought he would do a good job. KK never seemed himself, he's normally quite playful and mischivious, but there was non of that, in  fact he looked pretty cheesed off half the time.  must have been a reason ..

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

To be honest most of the Poole team looked disinterested last year.

Hans tried to gee them up and when Kennett joined the team seemed more of a unit and talking more.

44 minutes ago, sugarray said:

To be honest most of the Poole team looked disinterested last year.

Hans tried to gee them up and when Kennett joined the team seemed more of a unit and talking more.

people are saying it looks pretty similar this season i always thought that what the managers job was as well ?

• Like 3

Josh said in interview on video at Somerset on Wednesday that there was a good spirit within the team with everyone getting on well. It was just about getting their set-ups right and having more meetings. 

Only 3 home meetings so far (2 Prem;1 Challenge) and the track prep and weather conditions have been different every time.

On 05/05/2018 at 11:23 AM, Gavan said:

You already have proved them wrong because you were favourites at the start

They can't be proved right or wrong at the moment as we're not at the end of the season yet! That is what the betting odds and punditry is all about. I think there is a song lyric along the lines of "Its not where you start, its where you finish!".

Edited by Skidder1

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

They can't be proved right or wrong at the moment as we're not at the end of the season yet! That is what the betting odds and punditry is all about. I think there is a song lyric along the lines of "Its not where you start, its where you finish!".

That is correct - it is where you finish that is important.  However, the bookies made the declared 1-7 favourites and the team has now been changed so the bookies have already been proved wrong.  Now that Poole have changed the team they may or may not still be favourites.

2 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

That is correct - it is where you finish that is important.  However, the bookies made the declared 1-7 favourites and the team has now been changed so the bookies have already been proved wrong.  Now that Poole have changed the team they may or may not still be favourites.

Correct - I'm sure the bookies will change their odds accordingly - or not!

6 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Changed the team, have i missed something ? We've changed one rider, a reserve hardly changed the team. Bookies prices will fluctuated during the season. I would still like to see what price they would give us come july..

46 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Changed the team, have i missed something ? We've changed one rider, a reserve hardly changed the team. Bookies prices will fluctuated during the season. I would still like to see what price they would give us come july..

You have changed your 1-7 (it is now not the same team that started the year) ergo the bookies got it wrong!  Is that clear enough?

24 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

You have changed your 1-7 (it is now not the same team that started the year) ergo the bookies got it wrong!  Is that clear enough?

How have the bookies got it wrong?

39 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Because with the 1-7 Poole started with the bookies made them favourites.

Quite clearly that 1-7 are nowhere near good enough to have been deemed favourites...................therefore the bookies got the odds wrong

• Like 3

That doesn’t make the bookies wrong. They will only be wrong if at the end of the season Poole are not champs.

Nothing has changed. Poole still favourites. If our odds stretch out I will get a couple of hundred on them.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

29 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That doesn’t make the bookies wrong. They will only be wrong if at the end of the season Poole are not champs.

Nothing has changed. Poole still favourites. If our odds stretch out I will get a couple of hundred on them.

A couple more defeats steve and the price will get bigger. But dont let that put you off.. The seasons a marathon not a sprint.

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Cant find odds anywhere for apremiership, tried Bet365 & Ladbrokes & Oddschecker. Surprised if Poole are still favs but like you might be tempted if they drift, or are bookies rinning frightened. On form to date they should be at least 8/1

Edited by OFMiles