British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, DC2 said:

You are both right and disrespectful.  As you go through life you’ll realise that being respectful which is more appealing.

I'd prefer to be right and disrespectful rather than wrong and respectful.

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Trouble is he has no experience of uk tracks.

I believe he rode for Peterborough a couple of seasons ago and I have always thought he was a pretty decent prospect. Just checked he rode in 2016 for them and got a 8.29 average so not bad.

Edited by foreverblue

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So who is gonna put money on Chris Holder's situation being resolved before August and he ends up riding against Poole?!  (Well he has to get a job somewhere?!):rolleyes:

No he doesnt. He earns plenty form POL/SWE so assume doesnt need the money just like all those other top stars who dont want to come over here.

As for next season ?? - I assume Matt would have to declare an early interest to insure he has a work permit. Aaaggghhh this permit/visa thing is all getting too complicated. He could do a treble by announcing Chris/Brady/Jack and all hopefully well below 8 if they retain that rule. Factor alsopossibly the new Aussie/Pole Josh G on a one off lower than normal GSA and there you have 4  riders already ;-)

13 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

^^ comedy gold^^

A discount for Milik for not being here since 2015 :rofl:

Call it what you want but the SCB/BSPA write the rules not Poole. I assume IF such a rider was available then every team in the Prem has access to signing him. Remember also he is NOT a GP rider even if many think he has been unlucky not to be one this season.

Hopefully if the old boys/inside friends trick is not pulled on us again for 2019 by Monster Joe and its cronies, we will see some of the other younger talent out there such as Milik/Drabik etc as Wild Cards.

7 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

No he doesnt. He earns plenty form POL/SWE so assume doesnt need the money just like all those other top stars who dont want to come over here.

As for next season ?? - I assume Matt would have to declare an early interest to insure he has a work permit. Aaaggghhh this permit/visa thing is all getting too complicated. He could do a treble by announcing Chris/Brady/Jack and all hopefully well below 8 if they retain that rule. Factor alsopossibly the new Aussie/Pole Josh G on a one off lower than normal GSA and there you have 4  riders already ;-)

I wasn't saying he would need a job for the money - he needs a job for a work permit/visa!!

(Although - thinking out loud - there may well be third-party interest in his earnings, in terms of his son?!)

Edited by Skidder1

3 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Perhaps Poole have reached a point like Swindon did a few years back. With Darcy, Magic and now Chris fallen by the wayside, the basic core of their successful team has gone. It's not unlike Swindon without Rico and Leigh Adams. The team needs to start again.

Getting random riders in on lowish averages is all well and good, but a team ethic needs to be in place too. Maybe this year will be something of a fallow year, but I think they need to keep a basic core of a side going. Brady and Josh could be that, and I think it was a mistake to get rid of Hans, as an old-hand was probably required to steady the ship. Shanes could have been a part of that, too.

Poole will come good, as long as they don't panic and make too many changes just for the sake of it.  

I don't know what your theory is on building teams Grachan  is mine is Continuty having a good team spirit and hopefully keeping the core of the team from the previous year.We have that now Nick,Adam,Zach, all shoe ins for next year Musielak,Batch Bellego could still feature depending on the rules.Swindon what a move that was keeping faith with Nick now we are reaping the rewards and he can still ride better this year hope Nick gets his testimonial at Swindon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Call it what you want but the SCB/BSPA write the rules not Poole. I assume IF such a rider was available then every team in the Prem has access to signing him. Remember also he is NOT a GP rider even if many think he has been unlucky not to be one this season.

Hopefully if the old boys/inside friends trick is not pulled on us again for 2019 by Monster Joe and its cronies, we will see some of the other younger talent out there such as Milik/Drabik etc as Wild Cards.

The average reduction is there for where a rider has missed at least 1 full season through injury - Milik doesnt meet that.

The regulation about a rider potentially being reassessed after being outside British speedway for a number of years could result in an increase as well as a reduction depending on their performance in the interim (and precedent in Poole's team in this very season that this has not been apllied either way)

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I wasn't saying he would need a job for the money - he needs a job for a work permit/visa!!

Hmmm - But don't the rules preclude any team changes after July ??

I don't know how it works. He is a Poole asset and is employed by Poole. Doesnt that qualify him as an employee for permit/visa purposes even if he doesnt ride again for Poole this season. Could work as a team adviser or something and then be announced as in the team for def in 2019 if his visa allows it??

Not an expert on such things so just summising.

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The average reduction is there for where a rider has missed at least 1 full season through injury - Milik doesnt meet that.

The regulation about a rider potentially being reassessed after being outside British speedway for a number of years could result in an increase as well as a reduction depending on their performance in the interim (and precedent in Poole's team in this very season that this has not been apllied either way)

interesting but Spaniak wasnt injured ?? and he got a reduction He arguably should have been marked up based on his POL Nice form last season flwg such logic ??

He may not even be part of the thinking but would be interesting if he is, and no doubt Matt would have the answer to that question anyway before committing to signing him in the unlikely event he was available.

I say Spaniak was not injured for a full season but I mean I am not aware he was. BUT based on his recent  form one would never have assumed he would get a 4 plus GSA  even if with the benefit of hindsight he has been that due to chronic underperformance this season in UK and POL.  Can see that guy out of a place at Poole and Rybnik the way its going and with Cook a more than able replacement in Rybnik based on this seasons form.

13 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I don't know what your theory is on building teams Grachan  is mine is Continuty having a good team spirit and hopefully keeping the core of the team from the previous year.We have that now Nick,Adam,Zach, all shoe ins for next year Musielak,Batch Bellego could still feature depending on the rules.Swindon what a move that was keeping faith with Nick now we are reaping the rewards and he can still ride better this year hope Nick gets his testimonial at Swindon.

I agree, Sidney. I think keeping the side together as much as possible can work wonders for team spirit and also crowd association. Sometimes changes can be made, but I think keeping them to a minimum and only where really necessary is the best way. I think you are right that the team will be build around those 3 next year.

17 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Hmmm - But don't the rules preclude any team changes after July ??

I don't know how it works. He is a Poole asset and is employed by Poole. Doesnt that qualify him as an employee for permit/visa purposes even if he doesnt ride again for Poole this season. Could work as a team adviser or something and then be announced as in the team for def in 2019 if his visa allows it??

Not an expert on such things so just summising.

12th August effective from 15th August.

25 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Dudek & Woffinden are both Monster Sponsored, they'll surely be in the GP's next year.

4 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I agree, Sidney. I think keeping the side together as much as possible can work wonders for team spirit and also crowd association. Sometimes changes can be made, but I think keeping them to a minimum and only where really necessary is the best way. I think you are right that the team will be build around those 3 next year.

All things being  equal would happily build the side around Kurtz/C.Holder/J.Holder/Josh G and throw in a couple of promising young brits and a.n.other.

Much as i want to win the league I also want to see a combination of exciting talent and promising youngsters.

Young guys like Drew Kemp/Jordan Jenkins/Leon Flint/Kyle Bickley/Jason Edwards who are 15/16 and Jack P.Blackburn who has returned only 17. These are the guys who potentially excite me for the future.

Give us some form of single league set up maybe with regions initially then knock outs and combine top guys/middle order and these youngsters maybe is a way forward ??

7 minutes ago, Col said:

Dudek & Woffinden are both Monster Sponsored, they'll surely be in the GP's next year.

Yes but they will qualify by right imo and not because they are close friends to Monster Joe ;-)

Thats assuming the likes of Holder and Hancock were perhaps not to qualify by right ?? Got away with it this season but if they bomb out this season then it could be curtains for next ??

6 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

All things being  equal would happily build the side around Kurtz/C.Holder/J.Holder/Josh G and throw in a couple of promising young brits and a.n.other.

Much as i want to win the league I also want to see a combination of exciting talent and promising youngsters.

Young guys like Drew Kemp/Jordan Jenkins/Leon Flint/Kyle Bickley/Jason Edwards who are 15/16 and Jack P.Blackburn who has returned only 17. These are the guys who potentially excite me for the future.

Give us some form of single league set up maybe with regions initially then knock outs and combine top guys/middle order and these youngsters maybe is a way forward ??

Keeping the NL of course sas it is now starting to throw up some exciting young talent.

Some of what the likes of Drew Kemp are showing at 15 not even Dan Bewley was arguably doing at the same age. Similar maybe with the likes of Leon Flint.Maybe in our own small way this is our micro version of what the Poles are doing with their juniors. OK we a re nowhere near them in overall class but then we dont have the money/crowds/stadium (other than the NSS) or sponsorship. BUT we have to start somewhere and these young kids seem to be suddenly coming along in numbers. Let's take advantage of it combining youth and talent (in our own way) like the Poles do. Even if it is a case of small steps.

• Like 1