British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Discussions get changed all the time. A thread will never stay on topic 100%. Maybe give us a list of things we are allowed to talk about then Skidder! ;):P

Also, Hans was discussed plenty at the beginning of the thread! 

I understand that L-C, but it suddenly went from raising money for Bomber to why wasn't money raised for Hans when he blew an engine to Poole should have kept Hans - the latter being perhaps relevant at the beginning of the thread/season but hardly now?!

Still, as i've said twice already - each to their own!

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Really? Do you know how much Poole fans donated last week for the SRBF? Plenty of £10 and £20 notes in the bucket. 

Do you know?

Nothing on the website to say how "generous" you were.

Skidder might be able to find out.

How much money was actually collected last Wednesday haven't seen a figure released yet ?

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Skidder might be able to find out.

probably still counting it!!!!!!!!:D:party:

Seriously its often announced on the REF page of the Poole website, but at the moment they are more concerned with the presentations to Bomber and Richie on Thursday.

If Matt is in the office on Thursday I'll ask.

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

If only Poole fans were as generous to their injured riders as Glasgow fans were for Lewis Kerr (£2,014.53).  Glasgow fans are a different class!

Wasn't Glasgow fans tho was it? There were 2500 fans there from all over the country.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

I understand that L-C, but it suddenly went from raising money for Bomber to why wasn't money raised for Hans when he blew an engine to Poole should have kept Hans - the latter being perhaps relevant at the beginning of the thread/season but hardly now?!

Still, as i've said twice already - each to their own!

I think you’ve completely missed the subtlety of the discussion which for clarity goes like this: 1/Noddy fails to rock up possibly because he got his visa application wrong and picked up a big black mark with the BA.

2/The promoter failed to grasp the situation and allowed the debacle to run for the first 3 months of the season. 

3/ Eventually Noddy comes clean.

4/ Promoter  thinks “oh sh..e I should have done something about this back in March and instead of falling in love with Noddy, I should have been courting Hansi.

5/Promoter panics and releases a press statement that says “nobody loves me anymore so I’m thinking of jumping the pirate ship”.

6/Rye House goes bust and “floods the market” with a couple of useful riders.

7/Promoter thinks thank god for that, all those nasty poles who I thought loved me so much have let me down and now, I’m my hour of need, 2 Englishmen (who previously I wouldn’t have given the time of day for), have thrown themselves at my feet.

8/Superstar Bomber arrives, crashes his bike and there is much wailing and bucket jangling to fix his bike. But, tough luck to the less fortunate rider who crashed earlier in the season broke his bones.

9/ Discussion on forum about the fairness of how the club supports all riders (or not).

10/Comparison between 2017 and 2018 riders crash costs and why one rider gets money and other doesn’t.

11/And then to the crux, if Noddy had played with a straight bat, Hans would have been in the team and Bomber wouldn’t have crashed because there wouldn’t have been a slot available.

The essence of my posts on this subject is, we should be a club that looks after all riders signed up for a campaign. We should be a fair club and at the present it appears we only look after those whose faces fit....

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Aviator said:

I think you’ve completely missed the subtlety of the discussion which for clarity goes like this: 1/Noddy fails to rock up possibly because he got his visa application wrong and picked up a big black mark with the BA.

2/The promoter failed to grasp the situation and allowed the debacle to run for the first 3 months of the season. 

3/ Eventually Noddy comes clean.

4/ Promoter  thinks “oh sh..e I should have done something about this back in March and instead of falling in love with Noddy, I should have been courting Hansi.

5/Promoter panics and releases a press statement that says “nobody loves me anymore so I’m thinking of jumping the pirate ship”.

6/Rye House goes bust and “floods the market” with a couple of useful riders.

7/Promoter thinks thank god for that, all those nasty poles who I thought loved me so much have let me down and now, I’m my hour of need, 2 Englishmen (who previously I wouldn’t have given the time of day for), have thrown themselves at my feet.

8/Superstar Bomber arrives, crashes his bike and there is much wailing and bucket jangling to fix his bike. But, tough luck to the less fortunate rider who crashed earlier in the season broke his bones.

9/ Discussion on forum about the fairness of how the club supports all riders (or not).

10/Comparison between 2017 and 2018 riders crash costs and why one rider gets money and other doesn’t.

11/And then to the crux, if Noddy had played with a straight bat, Hans would have been in the team and Bomber wouldn’t have crashed because there wouldn’t have been a slot available.

The essence of my posts on this subject is, we should be a club that looks after all riders signed up for a campaign. We should be a fair club and at the present it appears we only look after those whose faces fit....

In which case they should look after Holder too then!!:t:

btw how is Hans doing at the moment?

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

In which case they should look after Holder too then!!:t:

btw how is Hans doing at the moment?

Can’t do that because he’s TIM!!!!

Not sure about Hans because as I’m no longer one of his sponsors I’ve not been keeping an eye on him. I’ve not heard of him having a headache, toothache or belly ache issues or, for that matter moaning about tracks and “stuff” in general.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aviator said:

Can’t do that because he’s TIM!!!!

Not sure about Hans because as I’m no longer one of his sponsors I’ve not been keeping an eye on him. I’ve not heard of him having a headache, toothache or belly ache issues or, for that matter moaning about tracks and “stuff” in general.

Apologies to Starman. TIM = The Invisable Man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aviator said:

Apologies to Starman. TIM = The Invisable Man.

Tut tut, my spelling! Should be Invisible!!!!

Have Poole collected any money for Stefan Nielsen?

Just asking .......... again.

• Like 1

Theres no doubt Andersen in that team would of made a huge difference instead of Sundstrom who was shocking for most of his spell, I certainly got that wrong. 

Andersen has averaged over 8, how Poole could of done with that from the start. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Really? Do you know how much Poole fans donated last week for the SRBF? Plenty of £10 and £20 notes in the bucket. 

18 hours ago, ray c said:

How much money was actually collected last Wednesday haven't seen a figure released yet ?

Strange, we had our collection last Thursday,  by 10.30pm that night the figure collected was announced,and very generous the Ipswich and lakeside fans were.

• Like 1