British Speedway Forum
Robbobee

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars 24 Jul 2017

The way we are going sooner the season comes to an end the better a season that started with so much promise that this just might be our year .

• Like 1

the way I look at it is this whatever the reasons who's right who's wrong in the break down of a relationship between you and your patents is no ones business but yourself and your mum and dad - but surely the one thing you can all agree on is the survival of Kings Lynn Speedway and my view is it that serious we could be In the closing months of this season watching the last speedway at kings Lynn , so with that in mind I'd hope you can all work together on this one and who knows by doing that it could fix a relationship.

I fully agree with the point about this situation being a family issue and it can only be resolved by the Chapmans.

It is, litterally, their own business.

I'm a speedway fan first and foremost and any promotion/track in difficulty is a cause of great concern, especially one as estblished as KL which

has a hell of a lot going for it.

I do think Buster has too much on his plate; trying to transform British Speedway (which if it was a patient in hospital would be in intensive care) and doing all the stuff he does at Saddlebow Road; promote, track curator and whatever else he does.

Things have been compounded with Dale Allet's health situation and Rob Lyon's apparent AWOL.

As somebody else mentioned I don't think there are people queuing up to be speedway promotors, only the Chapman family can sort this out.

I'll keep my fingers crossed because as I said earlier Kings Lynn speedway has a lot of potenial to be a successful enterprise.

• Like 1

The result tonight is not important. There will be far more people focused on the togetherness of the team and putting on a united front. Fans are expected to pay the admission fees to watch a competitive match and that has to come first. If Kings Lynn Stars can't do that, then it could signal the final throw of the dice.

It is worrying that in these troubled times, information is still not forthcoming. We are a team where the TM is ill; , We have 2 riders out injured, We have a rider banned and a Promoter gone AWOL. It's as if the bosses don't want the fans to know anything. Is it too much to expect basic information about the meeting tonight..???..

Can it get any worse than this?????

• Like 1

The result tonight is not important. There will be far more people focused on the togetherness of the team and putting on a united front. Fans are expected to pay the admission fees to watch a competitive match and that has to come first. If Kings Lynn Stars can't do that, then it could signal the final throw of the dice.

It is worrying that in these troubled times, information is still not forthcoming. We are a team where the TM is ill; , We have 2 riders out injured, We have a rider banned and a Promoter gone AWOL. It's as if the bosses don't want the fans to know anything. Is it too much to expect basic information about the meeting tonight..???..

in short yes they can pull the plug

Spot on GRW.

Communication seems to be a large part of the problem at KL at the moment and Buster needs to try and get the club pulling together as one.

For a club that has so much going for it the current set up is currently making a right mess of things.

A statement on the club website and through other social media outlets wouldn't go amiss.

• Like 1

If Buster is "seething" as reported elsewhere he should channel his anger into building bridges with the fans by communicating simply, clearly and honestly with them. I don't think it can get any worse except for the pulling of the plug.

And I thought the Lions had problems!

Had a lot of rain in Leicester the last few days and its still raining. Forecast is for a better afternoon/evening so expect a long sun delay if the meeting is on!

Had a lot of rain in Leicester the last few days and its still raining. Forecast is for a better afternoon/evening so expect a long sun delay if the meeting is on!

I was told it was dry in Leicester !!! bring on the sun I am sick of the rain in Lincs. We will be there to support our team the Stars !!

Edited by whippy

Where are you Happy Hunter because it's not raining where I am about 4 miles away and none since yesterday. If Peterborough managed to get their track sorted out after all the rain we've had over the last few days then I'm sure Leicester can.

Edited by Gemini

and funnily enough pretty heavy track conditions with Batchelor withdrawing after 1 ride.

I just have a bad feeling if tonight is on, that laughing stock tag is just gonna get bigger

Any idea who is in for Lambo and Kerr?

I think Kerr is riding isn't he? Star Lady has said Palm Toft for Lambert.

Edited by Gemini