British Speedway Forum
BBSC

Bandits V Sheffield 29th July Sgb Championship

The fans don't need to know beforehand will find out when they get their programme ;););)

Not sure it would work geographically or time wise but I see that three meetings were called off earlier today at NL tracks, maybe that freed up riders for the club to consider though getting them from Eastbourne, Mildenhall and Plymouth to Berwick for seven could be a bit of an obstacle.

Edit, Berwick guest at No7 tonight will Joe Lawlor.

Edited by screm

Not sure it would work geographically or time wise but I see that three meetings were called off earlier today at NL tracks, maybe that freed up riders for the club to consider though getting them from Eastbourne, Mildenhall and Plymouth to Berwick for seven could be a bit of an obstacle.

Edit, Berwick guest at No7 tonight will Joe Lawlor.

Fantastic Management move from the Bandits management bringing in Joe Lawlor.

Thanks.

• Like 2

Phew!

That was a cracking meeting. Shocking decision by the ref in heat 14, though.

My faith in speedway is restored :)

• Like 1

Another eventful meeting. Sheffield building a lead, the Berwick curse strking NBJ in heat 4, obviously trying too hard in his first race, that looked a bad one, especially when he never moved for a while. Then the comeback. Cracking bit of team riding between Doolan and Etheridge to keep the much faster Howarth out. Berwick got a point ahead at the interval. Then heats 11 and 12 where Sheffield twice gained an advantage from 3-3 positions. Heat 14 I thought Jye just ran out of steam, certainly cannot fault his effort, he has been a great signing along with David Howe who also rode well tonight.

Sheffield look very solid throughout, while Berwick just carried too many tonight. NBJ will hopefully score a lot more, he had to be affected by his first ride fall.

Even though the track was a bit one lined, there was still some cracking races, passing in more than half the races.

At least the juniors won.

No complaints from me, value for money. Berwick looked to be on their way to a proper hammering but credit to them for pulling the meeting right round before Sheffield took control towards the end. Night to forget for Gappmaier but more good things from Etheridge and Howe.

Bandits were murdered out of the starts early doors and on that track there's not many chances to pass.

NBJ looked like he'll need a few meetings to get dialled in. Went out wide in his first ride and there was nothing to hold him up. Gapp very poor. What's happened to him?

Sheffield look very solid and it was no surprise when they took control after the interval.

Sorry Eddie, but I saw no contact on Etheridge. Looked like he was unsettled when Graverson went hard under

Great meeting ... Graverson not at fault in Heat 14 for me ... hard underneath Etheridge but didn't seem to be any contact that caused the fall ..

Sheff very strong outfit ... Josh G class act

Decent meeting,some good racing,for what it's worth Ht 14 Graverson went hard under Jye but never really passed him into the bend and Jye was caught on the outside and Graverson did not give him any racing room and Jye ran out of track,he never touched him though.Though Jye was impressive against strong opposition ,he certainly is improving.Sheffield are a good team and will be thereabouts regarding play - offs.GP superstar Bates needs to stop kicking out at riders after the race when riders beat him,he is no angel himself.

• Like 2

I though the Bates elbow out was quite funny, he looked like he completely missed Busky and nearly fell off in the mean time and then got told off for riding in to the pits

Really pleased with the result as I felt that this might be a bit of a banana skin for us with Berwick bringing in Busk Jakobsen.

But yet another solid performance from the Tigers, and we move closer and closer to that Play Off place, and taking a look at the league table we ain't that far behind the mighty Glasgow.

For Berwick I surprised to see Morris and Busk Jakobsen lower point tally, and David Howe seems to be getting back to something like his best, I wonder if Rob Godfrey is keeping a close eye on him with the view of bringing him back to Scunthorpe or will David tell him that he would like to stay with the Bandits.

Really pleased with the result as I felt that this might be a bit of a banana skin for us with Berwick bringing in Busk Jakobsen.

But yet another solid performance from the Tigers, and we move closer and closer to that Play Off place, and taking a look at the league table we ain't that far behind the mighty Glasgow.

For Berwick I surprised to see Morris and Busk Jakobsen lower point tally, and David Howe seems to be getting back to something like his best, I wonder if Rob Godfrey is keeping a close eye on him with the view of bringing him back to Scunthorpe or will David tell him that he would like to stay with the Bandits.

Don't think Howe belongs to Scunthorpe. Sure he Wolves asset

Don't think Howe belongs to Scunthorpe. Sure he Wolves asset

No matter who he belongs to I think there is only one place where David wants to be next season.

• Like 1

The great thing about David Howe is it appears he actually cares he's happy to come onto the centre green and talk about all sorts of things and I think he made it clear last night what his plans were and you have got to pay him a huge respect for that. The fans made it clear how they felt about his commitment so let's hope the management do too 😁👍

• Like 4

Howe>Doolan every day of the week on similar averages, Doolan's had his testimonial money and doesn'f seem very interested anymore. If Doolan retains his place in next years team it will show the lack of proffesionalism within the Berwick management and that they are just looking after mates. Captain Kev has served us well but for me it's time to go.

• Like 3

Howe>Doolan every day of the week on similar averages, Doolan's had his testimonial money and doesn'f seem very interested anymore. If Doolan retains his place in next years team it will show the lack of proffesionalism within the Berwick management and that they are just looking after mates. Captain Kev has served us well but for me it's time to go.

Its not unknown for riders to have a poor year in their testimonial season only to bounce back the following year.

• Like 2