British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
therefused

Kings Lynn V Swindon 02/08/17

Sorry, I missed the well done Swindon on a fine away performance. ;)

Thank goodness for that or your quotes would have been even longer. :P

I cannot comment on the racing since I was not there, but have heard it has not been up to usual standards of late. This was a tough fixture for your new recruits without doubt. Swindon have been on a roll with or without Doyle. Personally I cannot comment on the state of the track for the visit of Poole. But Holder going AWOL was expected. I've never had much faith in Batchelor doing anything that wasn't in the best interests of Batchelor. So maybe he is hoping for a South Coast return next year. They have their wish, low averages so if Fatt Maud doesn't mess up his team building next year, the Pirates are all set. Lets hope any other club is capable of ruining their party

• Like 1

I see holder and Batchelors replacement's did well

Who cares as long as your lot dont win it.

• Like 2

Swindon win despite losing Doyle after one race.

Highlights how weak King's Lynn are now

• Like 1

Great to see that the new recruits DID put in a lot of effort. Much better than putting up with CH & TB. But as Star Lady points out - in well made and soundly constructed observations - which echo the concerns of others ( inc. myself ) that a lot of other things have to change to make it an attractive night out for me at KLS. VFM racing being my No. 1. However I do applaud Buster for his efforts at changing the team in the way he did.

The points Greg Hancock made in the SS only this week, that the bikes of today are not suitable for the UK tracks of today, needs to be heeded as I believe that it is one reason why racing at KLS has deteriorated. Anyone in any position in the team can win if they Gate & Go. The skill level of the other riders seems to count for little, especially if there is not much at stake.

• Like 1

Well Starlady that was poor tonight,racing wise.And no the racing tonight wasn't better than normal.

I think Buster was up against tonight ie making a decent racetrack.Didn't he say he was worried about the weather,and didn't put a lot of water down.Which is why it was dusty after heat 1.He obviously didn't put much dirt down,again because of the weather report.You only had to look in the centre to see how much shale was possibly going to be put down.This would have suited our riders better now the Aussies have gone.

On to our new recruits,only Auty imo came out and done what we expected.Hoping Jonasson and Toft will pick up with a few more meetings under their belts.Mind you as i said the track didn't help them tonight.Jorgensen and Huckenbeck rode well.Lambert as was said carrying an injury,why they put him in ht15 i don't know when carrying an injury.

Most Swindon riders trapped well and stayed there and fully deserved their victory.

Now onto Leicester with guests needed.I would probably go for Kerr for Auty and Tungate for Jorgensen and r/r for Toft.

Re reading what I wrote last night it seems a bit harsh maybe but it's what I thought at the time and I still do. It gave be no pleasure to be so negative because I started to get some enthusiasm back in the last two days, that's gone completely now. I suppose what I wrote is how a newcomer might see things in many ways and if the sport wants to thrive it needs to sort out the little things that can be done so easily.

I agree Buster was up against it last night in several ways, track prep being one of them. I did notice the shale mountain but assumed that was normal :sad: The weather forecast wasn't good, as it happened it was better than predicted. the track was smooth and consistent (in my eyes) therefore safe which is the most important thing. The weather probably didn't help crowd numbers (which I thought appalling) which in turn didn't help the atmosphere.

As I said the effort was there from the newbies. There was just nothing on the track to help the riders catch and pass their opposition (from either side). Apart from the overtake the only time there was a hint of a decent race was when Simon Lambert seemed to be doing his best to stop Auty but that could just be down to clash of riding styles.

My evening wasn't helped because the pa kept cutting out so we had to guess at times what was going on, the wind was howling in our backs as well taking the words that did come out away, but on the plus side we had no problem with dust :P . The Auty? exc for going on the infield was one instance Not Lynn's fault but WTF is that rule all about!!!!

Given a decent racing track I think the new look team might spring a few surprise, I hope so.Buster and the loyal fans deserve something this season after the contempt shown them by a couple of egotistical riders.

Sorry, I missed the well done Swindon on a fine away performance. ;)

I apologise, that was most remiss of me. They did an excellent job especially losing Doyle in heat 1 and I should have given them credit last night.

How can the club expect fans to turn up after the press release from last week stating that the club isn't prepared to run it the weather is dodgy as won't risk a repeat of meltdown Thursday- last week there was zero rain and it was off we've had a wind off last night the weather forecast was rain and it was windy so why was the meeting on?

So do we as fans now disregard the previous weeks statement?

Was well impressed with Swindon as a team, each of their riders showed an appetite to win, and it surprised no-one with their win. Didn't like to see Doyle get injured again, but he was reckless in his pursuit to overtake and only has himself to blame. Fortunately his absence was adequately covered with IRR as to not weaken the team. But getting guests to cover a prolonged absence may become harder.

I was well impressed with the new look team,. Each tried really hard and will obvious get better. Last night was just a settling in stage. I am in no doubt we will win more than we lose, and watching them try is what its all about... Considering Swindon are the form team and offer the strongest challenge at this time I was impressed we held them level to heat 10 , whence their big hitters were always going to make the difference.

Huckenbeck, Jorgensen and Simon Lambert all performed above their expected level, Probably not in every race, but each of the new ones showed great promise. Seeing THJ in heat13 was a real eye opener, showing his liking for the boards and keeping the Swindon pair on their toes... Probably the biggest disappointment was the scoring of Robert Lambert. Obviously not fit and hurting maybe, he will have to step up if he is to succeed as in our new No1.

• Like 2

Well done to Swindon, they have a strong team which is riding well.

I enjoyed last nights meeting, the track looked good, was smooth though a bit dusty. Certain Buster held off watering in case more rain arrived.

Kai rode very well, especially h14 passing on the outside. Spoke with Robert before the meeting and could see he was limping badly. So don't think he was fully fit. THJ was on borrowed equipment I believe until his own bikes arrive. Auty was a bit nervous going through tapes and then flipping on start line. But all put 100% effort in and will win meetings.

Good to see fans applaud Buster after his interview from the centre of track. Yes on paper we have a weakened team, but all the team are triers and I'd rather see that, win or lose than any rider just going through the motions.

Unfortunately I see we have to use guests and RR at Leicester on Saturday due to doubling up clashes. But we are at full strength Monday at home to Somerset and think we will beat them. Though on BT Sport hopefully we will see a good crowd and fans will use opportunity to bring friends with the reduced £10 admission.

• Like 2

Didn't attend last night as It will take a sensitive soul like myself sometime to get over THAT Thursday Night. Buster was spot on in getting rid of both Holder and the other fellow.... At least it put to bed all the rubbish about him packing up and leaving because of some injury. Just goes to prove no one 5hit5 on Buster Chapman and gets away with it.. However I cant say I am too excited by any of the replacements he has brought in, and seriously wonder if Lynn will win another meeting this season. It looks cheap, It looks nothing much more than a decent Championship standard team. lets hope Im wrong, but cant say the thought of parting with 17 notes to watch that has much appeal. A tenner admission for the Somerset meet is about the right price for it now.

With 5 ( yes FIVE) double uppers now in the team where on earth is this Sport going. How long before we see riders as declared riders, riding for more than one team in the same League ?

How did the crowd look last night ? have the fans comeback to support Buster ? Who was on the mic last night, and who was Team Manager, plus who was in charge if Buster was doing his normal thing of riding round on his tractor ?

Semion. Crowd was appalling maybe 700 ish at best. Fans that were there appeared to back Buster he was applauded after his piece on the mic. Kevin Moore was centre green mic with Edwin in the box. Rob Godfrey was team manager tho prog said Colin Pratt. Buster only did one stint of about 5-6 laps last night so assume he was in charge.

Crowd was as expected when Lynn was probs the only place that wasn't raining in the evening!

There were a few passes and chases but our gating was poor on the whole and on a slicker track gating is key.

Kai was voted Stars Rider of the Night again, well deserved.

The new look team are after a gripper track.

Is the "AFA" a speedway stadium which also stages stock cars and bangers, or the other way round?

Swindon win despite losing Doyle after one race.

Highlights how weak King's Lynn are now

Or what a battling unit Swindon are.

• Like 3

Well done to Swindon, they have a strong team which is riding well.

I enjoyed last nights meeting, the track looked good, was smooth though a bit dusty. Certain Buster held off watering in case more rain arrived.

Kai rode very well, especially h14 passing on the outside. Spoke with Robert before the meeting and could see he was limping badly. So don't think he was fully fit. THJ was on borrowed equipment I believe until his own bikes arrive. Auty was a bit nervous going through tapes and then flipping on start line. But all put 100% effort in and will win meetings.

Good to see fans applaud Buster after his interview from the centre of track. Yes on paper we have a weakened team, but all the team are triers and I'd rather see that, win or lose than any rider just going through the motions.

Unfortunately I see we have to use guests and RR at Leicester on Saturday due to doubling up clashes. But we are at full strength Monday at home to Somerset and think we will beat them. Though on BT Sport hopefully we will see a good crowd and fans will use opportunity to bring friends with the reduced £10 admission.

I take it Nik is back Monday at reserve then?