British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

Chapman must have accepted Batchelor was injured otherwise he wouldn't have used r/r.

If you mean Chapman used r/r on the night of the injury - well if the medical staff at the track indicated TB was unfit to continue....... but the point is, TB had a medical certificate but made a wonderful recovery for the next nigh guesting at BV - a track he knew he can score well at.

• Like 1

Not in GB ,maybe abroad though.If the Visa was An issue( don't know if it is) he should have taken that into consideration before he refused to ride.Silly Boy.

He's not the first,and he certainly won't be the last to make a point about the crap tracks in the uk

Not in GB ,maybe abroad though.If the Visa was An issue( don't know if it is) he should have taken that into consideration before he refused to ride.Silly Boy.

It would be silly to ride on a dangerous track in a dangerous sport. In retrospect a ride through the tapes in heat 13 would have been a better option but I doubt that entered his mind in the heat of the moment.

Buster Chapmans behaviour has now alerted the top riders and he could struggle to attract anyone of quality next season.

Suprised Jonathon Chapman hasn't made a comment about this whole debacle.

He's not the first,and he certainly won't be the last to make a point about the crap tracks in the uk

but to make a meaningful point about poor track condition you need solidarity - all for one and one for all type of stuff. The riders were not in unison that night, that was Holders and Batchelors downfall.

• Like 1

True,but he maybe should have just poodled round at the back and let Buster sack him earlier,he would not have had a ban either.

Chapman must have accepted Batchelor was injured otherwise he wouldn't have used r/r.

You are obviously a 'Chapman basher'..... I get the impression you want to blame him for everything, it was probably Buster's fault the election turned out the way it did. , but you are way off the mark in your accusations. Buster was not in the pits with the team, all he was in charge of was the tractor.. He assumed Allitt and Lyons were doing the Team Managing.

Its very difficult to defend the deployable actions of someone like Batchelor.. Its been said, he packed his van and left without saying a word of his departure. It only came to light when he was expected to race again, but by then, he had long gone..,

So I don't imagine Buster excepted anything, I don't think he even knew of the doctors certificate....

• Like 2

No I haven't seen her working on his bikes. I have often spoke to her over the pits fence. She is in the pits and I am outside the pits. The pits area is not just the bay where the bikes are worked on.

Just saying that she's not working closely with Robert on race nights, simple as that ......

What are you talking about?!?

If a rider gets injured and is signed off by the doc IRR comes into play whether a manager accepts it or not.

I don't get what you're trying to say

No the team manager has to ASK for it. I have seen a match where IRR was available, but not used - I heard the referee explain to a fan after the meeting that 'yes IRR was available and the TM could have nominated one of the eligible riders' but he simply omitted to do so and used reserves.

The team lost the match narrowly so the TMs omission probably cost his team the match - no prizes for guessing who this genius was!

It would be silly to ride on a dangerous track in a dangerous sport. In retrospect a ride through the tapes in heat 13 would have been a better option but I doubt that entered his mind in the heat of the moment.

Buster Chapmans behaviour has now alerted the top riders and he could struggle to attract anyone of quality next season.

He'l be a home tucking into his grapes.. ;)

The fact TB had a medical certificate issued at KL one night, and the next night he guest rides and scores well makes his situation a lot worse IMO. Remarkable recovery, would you agree?

No. Plenty of riders get a bruise and then get treated to ride next day. The point I'm making is that he did get signed off so medically he is water tight.

No the team manager has to ASK for it. I have seen a match where IRR was available, but not used - I heard the referee explain to a fan after the meeting that 'yes IRR was available and the TM could have nominated one of the eligible riders' but he simply omitted to do so and used reserves.

The team lost the match narrowly so the TMs omission probably cost his team the match - no prizes for guessing who this genius was!

Muddlo?

Havelock?

Rosco?

He'l be a home tucking into his grapes.. ;)

Why on earth would he be tucking in to grapes over this?

We are talking here about an alleged crap track that had consistently good race times.

• Like 3

If you think this will put riders off in future, I think you're very naive. That fact that 3 riders have been signed to come into the side to replace Holder and Batchelor shows those riders really weren't bothered.

Riders always leave teams on bad terms. I remember Olly Allen being promised a team place at Somerset one year and then get dropped out of team plans just before we announced our team. Ty Proctor also dropped on the eve of press and practice one year. You'd think that might put riders off, but as if - the real world is nobody really takes much notice.

We are talking here about an alleged crap track that had consistently good race times.

All down to who fancied it and who didn't I think is the bottom line.

• Like 3

Say what you like about Matt Ford, he never stops riders from earning a living

Say what you like about Matt Ford, he never stops riders from earning a living

So he has never changed his team then, putting riders out of work?

Holder and batchelor can still earn from their contracts abroad.

• Like 1