British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hammer1969

Rye V Swindon 5/08/17

Swindon have already beaten Rye 4 times this year, we were getting fed up with em at Blunsdon, but they have decent home record, not sure about Kennett as guest instead of Doyley.

With no KK will go for Robins win, 11 in a row and stay top of the pile.

Edited by beefy keefy

Could Ayres have ridden for Rye? Not sure if he would have been allowed.

No. Already in a declared Championship side, Redcar.

Not eligible. Has to be a rider who has never reached a 4pt championship average, basically a NL rider novice. European SEC not a FIM recognised meeting so no facility for KK allowed.

Swindon had the same problem when Hans Andersen was riding for them. As I recall we went to Belle Vue with a NL rider as no 1.

No. Already in a declared Championship side, Redcar.

Thanks, forgot about the bit of being in a declared side. Wonder what our best option is? Thomas from Kent, Jenkins from Mildenhall

Promotion need to do a Chapman "wind off" or fake rain off here.

Rye will get murdered with no facility for Kasprzak. Rye can't afford any home defeats if they have any chance of the play offs, so the change would have been pointless if Swindon win. Oh well.

Promotion need to do a Chapman "wind off" or fake rain off here.

Rye will get murdered with no facility for Kasprzak. Rye can't afford any home defeats if they have any chance of the play offs, so the change would have been pointless if Swindon win. Oh well.

The rain gods are working on it but they will have to try harder than this!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2646807?day=1

Still no news of the Rye reserve. I hope there's a flash of inspiration like the one that snapped up KK - that caused the cockup.

Of course this has to be a learning season but this latest aquisition looks more like a publicity stunt than anything else to keep the interest up. How many other fixtures will this talented but unreliable rider miss?

It will need to be an inspired choice for reserve if Swindon are to be beaten...Can't see it happening. Kennett is an interesting choice

of guest..Wonder if he'll be as good as a guest as he was as a home rider

Still no news of the Rye reserve. I hope there's a flash of inspiration like the one that snapped up KK - that caused the cockup.

Of course this has to be a learning season but this latest aquisition looks more like a publicity stunt than anything else to keep the interest up. How many other fixtures will this talented but unreliable rider miss?

Somerset away on the 25th August for one- as he is the wildcard at the Gorzow GP the following day

So, Rye House have staged the grand total of four Rockets matches at home in three months and people are hoping for a postponement tonight?

I don't think it's just the BSPA who have problems.......

• Like 2

Somerset away on the 25th August for one- as he is the wildcard at the Gorzow GP the following day

I would imagine that KK will be up in the main body of the team by then, with Robbo at reserve, so not so much of a problem!

Although the token guest would have to have 3 rides (ahem!)

Can't see this happening, probably not naming reserve as first drop of rain & it'll be off!!

And Swindon will take the 4 points if it can't be rearranged for before the cutoff!

I would imagine that KK will be up in the main body of the team by then, with Robbo at reserve, so not so much of a problem!

Although the token guest would have to have 3 rides (ahem!)

They will have a facility unlike tonight.
  • Like 1