British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Belle Vue V Kings Lynn Stars 11-08-2017

I agree with all the comments, all of the riders and the track and track staff deserve huge credit. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it's rare to be able to say that after a match in such difficult conditions.

We might be weaker at the moment without Fricke and Tungate but that shouldn't detract from the fighting spirit shown by Kings Lynn. I was particularly impressed by Jorgensen and Huckenbeck but all of the Stars did their bit.

Similarly, the Aces gave 100% and nobody was backing off. Everybody involved deserves a huge pat on the back.

Edited by Aces51

You have to wonder what Holder and Batchelor would've made of the track conditions.

• Like 1

I agree with all the comments, all of the riders and the track and track staff deserve huge credit. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it's rare to be able to say that after a match in such difficult conditions.

We might be weaker at the moment without Fricke and Tungate but that shouldn't detract from the fighting spirit shown by Kings Lynn. I was particularly impressed by Jorgensen and Huckenbeck but all of the Stars did their bit.

Similarly, the Aces gave 100% and nobody was backing off. Everybody involved deserves a huge pat on the back.

After all the trials and tribulation this track had, it is gratifying to know the end product is one of excellence. When there is a blank canvas and a blank cheque it is little wonder the venue is as good as can be. If we could have similar creations for others clubs our speedway could/would be far better. It is rewarding to hear good comments about the usability of the track and the 2 main men who oversee the design want to walk about with their heads held high....

Inwardly, I thought we could do well, like most other teams have done. We have seen may changes this year in personnel, We don't have the big hitters any more but we have tremendous spirit within the club and that, sometimes is far more important . Recent philosophy how I judge teams and their chances of success, is to evaluate each riders ability to score 6 points each. If each can do that the chances are, someone will exceed that enough to get the remaining points required for a win. Last night was a good highlight of that thinking. All but one rider achieved the 6 pts target.

As much as I like to reach the play-off's, I think is will be a bridge too far. Seeing the team fight for every point is far more enjoyable than watching one sided meetings. It was pleasing to see Porsing in the points last night and hope his confidence increases as the meeting come thick and fast. I don't hold out much hope at Wolves on Monday, but rest assure we will fight for each point. Leicester next week will be the big one. Having not won for sometime this is a mountain we can climb,

• Like 2

You have to wonder what Holder and Batchelor would've made of the track conditions.

One would have had a reoccurrence of a wrist injury, even without falling :-)

There was a one liner in Greg Hancock's interview in the Star recently where he said UK tracks don't suit modern bikes. That is so true, the NSS must be the only exception to that.

• Like 1

Absolutely terrific point from a group of riders as a TEAM.

That point would have been out of reach with the whinging Aussie's

⭐⭐UP THE STARS⭐⭐

• Like 2

Well that was a nice present for Buster, who celebrated his 59th Birthday yesterday, so glad things have turned for the better at King's Lynn now.

It was Matt Ford's birthday yesterday too, bet he wasn't in such a joyous mood (Poole 30 Rye House 60..haha)!!

• Like 2

Great that Lynn got something for there battling efforts but isnt it brilliant that whatever the conditions that track produces quality entertainment,As all your Aces fans are pretty impartial any chance of one of you rating each riders performance last night great for us who did not go.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Not exactly a big crowd was it?

No, it wasn't. Given the apparent weakness of the opposition, the missing Fricke and Tungate and, most of all, the weather (it was chucking it down as I pulled of the M60) that was hardly surprising.

One would have had a reoccurrence of a wrist injury, even without falling :-)

There was a one liner in Greg Hancock's interview in the Star recently where he said UK tracks don't suit modern bikes. That is so true, the NSS must be the only exception to that.

Peterborough? Scunthorpe? Somerset?

Peterborough? Scunthorpe? Somerset?

After some of the riders comments about Peterborough last Sunday (Craig Cook, for instance) it is extremely clear (although I have known it for a very long time) that what riders like from a track and what fans like are often very different.

Problem is, the way I see it in more cases than not riders get what they want.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Not exactly a big crowd was it?

No, it was a shocker. Probably only about 800 there

But as halifaxtiger said, the weather was shocking and missing riders and no.offence to kings Lynn but they are not a crowd pulled

Those that diddnt go though misses s good one. Pole still don't trust the track in the rain, again they were proved wrong AGAIN

No, it was a shocker. Probably only about 800 there

But as halifaxtiger said, the weather was shocking and missing riders and no.offence to kings Lynn but they are not a crowd pulled

Those that diddnt go though misses s good one. Pole still don't trust the track in the rain, again they were proved wrong AGAIN

I had arranged a holiday, making sure that I wouldn't miss any home meetings. Then they re-arrange a fixture whilst I'm away, so apologies for my enforced absence - wonder how many other regulars were missing for the same reason?

Best result of the season for the Stars last night. Don't think anyone gave them a hope in hell of getting any league points at Belle Vue. Great effort by the team.

• Like 1

Absolutely terrific point from a group of riders as a TEAM.

That point would have been out of reach with the whinging Aussie's

⭐⭐UP THE STARS⭐⭐

That is because there is no i in team.
  • Like 3