British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheReturn

Sgp Wildcards 2018

chris martin. Hate Coldplay.

Very droll.

• Like 1

Holder having yet another nightmare with 1 from two rides. How can Vaculik (or Zagar) not get a card.

Holder having yet another nightmare with 1 from two rides. How can Vaculik (or Zagar) not get a card.

Think holder will get one, monster will make sure of it

just don't get why Holder is seen as 'nailed on'. As had one decent season since he won the world title. There are more deserving riders out there.

Hate to say it because a fit and competitive Nicki is box office but I think if he gets a wild card he will be well off the pace and do his reputation as a great rider no good at all. Would love to be proved wrong but can't see it

another I fail to see why he is a nailed on. Has been poor for several seasons. Iversen should be first Danish pick as has been the most dominant rider on the world stage and leagues.

chris martin. Hate Coldplay.

Brilliant. One of the best life bands I've seen.

As for picks think you just can't ignore Lebedevs and Milik, easily the best 2 riders outside the GP's. Hancock is going to get one due to him being the outgoing injured last world champion.

Then it's got to be Iversen as a Danish nomination.

Assuming Freddie qualifies, if he doesn't then he will be nailed on as top Swede and that's where Milik is likely to miss out.

1 from 3 rides.

There really is no argument for Holder getting a pick

• Like 4

Hancock, Iversen, Milik, Vaculic.

Who id like

Pedersen

Milik

Lebedev

NKI

Who it will be

Hancock

Holder

NKI

Vaculick

There really is no argument for Holder getting a pick

Only Monster Joe can save him because he was not suggesting he was worth it on track.

I'd like to see:

1. Greg

2. Lebedevs

3. Milik

4. NKI

I think it will be:

1. Greg

2. NKI (unless Nicki P can prove he's fully fit)

3. Milik

4. Vaculik

I can't see Holder getting one - he's been poor throughout most of the year.

As for the Danish situation, I guess one way out of it is to name Nicki P as a wildcard, then name NKI as first reserve. Then if Nicki isn't fit, you still have a Dane in the series.

All the best

Rob

Holder and friends seem to assume he's getting one. Imagine if Pedersen and Hancock had done a full season, Holder would have been well down the list. I would think that Nicki, Greg and Martin are pretty much nailed on, which leaves one place, definitely wont be a Pole and all the regular countries have some representation, so it might be a surprise?

For me I think it will be

Hancock

NKI

Pedersen

Vaculik

I don't think the organisers will allow a situation whereby there is only one Swede in the series. In the past they have actually given two wildcards when no Swedish rider has qualified on merit. Who that second rider might be I have no idea, Linus Sundstrom or Jacob Thorssell spring to mind or they might see if AJ wants another go. More likely it could be Denmark who has just one representative, NKI or Nicky Pedersen if he can convince them that he is fully race fit. Also, I rule out Holder who has already had a pick for the 2014 series after failing to qualify in the season following his championship win in 2012. Other than that there has been no precedent for having two Aussies in the series as prior to 2014 it has never been needed.

Regardless of who deserves a place it is likely to go to:-

Hancock

Another Swedish rider

NKI/Pedersen

Vaculik/Milik.

They might like a second Swede (or Dane) but nobody has made anything like a convincing case to be chosen imo.

I will be very disappointed if Vaculik gets overlooked in favour of Holder, but I would expect a 4 of Greg, NKI, Vaculik and Holder.

MORE likely to be two Danes than two Swedes in any opinion. Agree that Holder has probably ruled himself out with poor display in Melbourne.

• Like 1

According to Tomasz Dryla (Polish commentator) there will be surprises when it comes to SGP 2018 wildcard picks...

I think Vaculik, Hancock, Iversen and Milik will get them