British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheReturn

Sgp Wildcards 2018

Winning the national title doesnt make you the best rider in that nation in-fact it doesnt really have any meaning at all

I disagree...would you say the same thing about the world title.

In my opinion winning the national title means that a particular rider was the best rider on the day (out of 15 others)

The same was possible to say when we had one day world final.

• Like 1

Holder absolutely does not warrant a card for next season.

The selection process loses all credibility if he does and should be made to explain their decision.

Hancock on the other hand deserves the chance to at least try and regain his title.

In short, Hancock, Vaculic, Lebedevs, Milik for me.

Holder absolutely does not warrant a card for next season.

The selection process loses all credibility if he does and should be made to explain their decision.

Hancock on the other hand deserves the chance to at least try and regain his title.

if you choose Hancock then got to be pedersen too , they both in same boat , its either both or niether
  • Like 1

I said earlier on that I thought Holder was nailed on to get a pick due to the politics of the whole thing. However, I think that last night did for him. After such a poor GP in his own country after a mediocre season anyway it would be very difficult to justify his inclusion next year.

TRY telling NKI that...

So Craig Cook is Britains best rider??

Whoever is current American National Champ is better than Hancock?

Masters, Sedgemen and Watf are better than Doyle and Holder..

if you choose Hancock then got to be pedersen too , they both in same boat , its either both or niether

Not sure I agree. Greg has been there or thereabouts for years. Nicki has been off the championship pace since 2012 I think.

• Like 1

Not sure I agree. Greg has been there or thereabouts for years. Nicki has been off the championship pace since 2012 I think.

AND Greg was the defending champion this year

Nicki finished third in the series in both 2014 and 2015. Pretty harsh to say that's off of Championship pace.
  • Like 1

AND Greg was the defending champion this year

not saying Greg shouldnt be picked just that he and nicki are the same mold , if the picks are thinking of money then nicki will get the nod over Greg

I agree but there will be a Dane. Unless Hancock retires one of Milik, Lebedevs & Vaculic will sadly miss out.

How? Hancock was World Champion in 2016, Pedersen finished where? He was also totally out of his depth in the few GPs he rode this year.

Greg Hancock may be 47 and struggled early on but still class and injury stopped him trying to get into the top 8. Has to be included.

Martin Vaculik scored 99 points which is way ahead of the next in line and held a top 8 place until Zagar finished like a rocket.

Vaclav Milik deserves a chance and in just 3 Grand Prixs he won 5 of his 18 heats scoring 31 points so averaged 10.33 per GP

Not too sure who I would give the last one to as they all have ways of justifying their place but also have doubts over their inclusion, so one from Pedersen, Iversen, Holder, Lebedevs, Kildemand or World U21 Champion, Maksym Drabik

• Like 1

Greg Hancock may be 47 and struggled early on but still class and injury stopped him trying to get into the top 8. Has to be included.

Martin Vaculik scored 99 points which is way ahead of the next in line and held a top 8 place until Zagar finished like a rocket.

Vaclav Milik deserves a chance and in just 3 Grand Prixs he won 5 of his 18 heats scoring 31 points so averaged 10.33 per GP

Not too sure who I would give the last one to as they all have ways of justifying their place but also have doubts over their inclusion, so one from Pedersen, Iversen, Holder, Lebedevs, Kildemand or World U21 Champion, Maksym Drabik

Agree with that analysis. I would just add that for commercial reasons the final pick must be a Dane. If so then I'd go for Iversen but I can understand the claims for Pedersen. Either way it is tough on Lebedevs as SEC champion.

I don't have a link but wild cards are supposedly Greg, Nicki, Holder and one of Iversen / Kildemand according to claims in Polish media.

Guest GiveusaB

I dont think any rider that has completed all GP's this season and has still finished outside the top 8 should be considered for a wild card....that makes a mockery of Zagars brilliant finish/efforts???

I agree that Greg and Niki should get one (due to injury)