British Speedway Forum
Speedwaycrazy

Rye House V Kings Lynn / Kings Lynn V Rye House

No it would be a dam cite better place to be. Gavan is not an Ippo fan, count his posts on the thread, 1 maybe 2. Thats not the sign of a fan.. If he's an asset to this forum the we are all in trouble.

He wouldn't care mate, he more of a Poole fan, alledgedly..

That's a bit of a stupid comment.It don't make you more or less of a fan whether you post on here or not.Gavin probably posts more on your threads because he get a bit wound up by a couple of pains in the backsides.Like quite a few of us do,which ends up making us dislike Poole a bit more.

• Like 1

That's a bit of a stupid comment.It don't make you more or less of a fan whether you post on here or not.Gavin probably posts more on your threads because he get a bit wound up by a couple of pains in the backsides.Like quite a few of us do,which ends up making us dislike Poole a bit more.

Nobody asks you to reply to our posts.

• Like 1

Nobody asks you to reply to our posts.

So you know you are one of the pains then.

• Like 7

So buster cares about the fans? By 9.15pm the track was clearly not rideable while this passing shower blew through. Even if it had stopped then, by the time buster had bladed and relaid it, it would have been at least 10pm. We'd have then got a poor track to muddle through til god knows what time. If it had been only 8pm thats not so bad, but should have called it 9.15pm

To be fair to al concerned at KL last night, they did rattle through the 1st match very quickly - showing that there was a concious effort to get both matches completed within a reasonable time. The 2 mins was being hit as soon as each race ended!

For the rain to start literally as soon as the 1st match ended was very unfortunate. Even driving home, the rain seemed to dry up just a few miles from KL.

• Like 1

To be fair to al concerned at KL last night, they did rattle through the 1st match very quickly - showing that there was a concious effort to get both matches completed within a reasonable time. The 2 mins was being hit as soon as each race ended!

For the rain to start literally as soon as the 1st match ended was very unfortunate. Even driving home, the rain seemed to dry up just a few miles from KL.

The rain shower was very unlucky. It was the only shower in the whole of the east of the country and just clipped Kings Lynn. With little to no wind it hung around long enough to do the damage. It had stopped when leaving the arena and the moon was out. 3 miles down the a10 it was bone dry.

• Like 2

Lol typical Poole fans totally missing what I'm saying! Intellect not a strong point down there is it!!

Poole beat Kings Lynn fair and square I'm not saying they didn't!

The rain comes and the Rye meeting is cancelled and a possibility that the fixture might not be ridden and Rye miss the play offs!!

Do you not consider that lucky?? Coupled with the Lynn riders walking out in the other match v Poole I think it's fair to say that Poole will have had some luck this season

backing up my point about intelligence I see.

6 home losses is luck....... nothing to do with the crap team then??? Be careful your getting to Starmans level

Rye aren't going to make the top 4 anyway. They cant ride away tracks. Yes they embarrassed us but that's 1 meeting out of 10 on the road. TBH I think KL would have beaten Rye last night if the meeting got the green light.

Robson and Morley are small track riders really. KK would've thrown a strop on a wet track. KL boys would've had a slight advantage after riding 1 meeting on the night.

Only Harris and Nicholls would've scored well on the night for Rye IMO.

• Like 1

The rain shower was very unlucky. It was the only shower in the whole of the east of the country and just clipped Kings Lynn. With little to no wind it hung around long enough to do the damage. It had stopped when leaving the arena and the moon was out. 3 miles down the a10 it was bone dry.

I can assure you it was pouring with rain for the 13-miles that I drove, which was in the opposite direction to you.

Also, one lady told me this morning of the heavy rain along with thunder and lightening she drove through, so guess you were quite lucky.

But that is how it should be and illustrated perfectly that if there are no injury delays a match can be completed within 90 mins ( with no pointless interval ) and it is more interesting and exciting presented in that way ( in my opinion ). So let's have something more like that in future instead of long drawn out borefests. Had there been an interval then the first match would likely not have been completed.

• Like 1

But that is how it should be and illustrated perfectly that if there are no injury delays a match can be completed within 90 mins ( with no pointless interval ) and it is more interesting and exciting presented in that way ( in my opinion ). So let's have something more like that in future instead of long drawn out borefests. Had there been an interval then the first match would likely not have been completed.

Spot On.

I live near Wimbledon and used to enjoy going to Poole and Rye House but sadly Poole insist on having an interval which meant last season I missed the last race in order to catch the 9.52pm train. That was with a 7.30pm start time and allowing 10 minutes to get from the stadium to the station. When I spoke to two officials I was told they had to have an interval because the track staff had to have a break which in my opinion is ridiculous. Two hours and ten minutes to fail to complete a meeting without any injury delays has meant I have only seen racing at Rye House this season. I just hope they go to all midweek meetings next season as I am busy on a Saturday.

I live near Wimbledon and used to enjoy going to Poole and Rye House but sadly Poole insist on having an interval which meant last season I missed the last race in order to catch the 9.52pm train. That was with a 7.30pm start time and allowing 10 minutes to get from the stadium to the station. When I spoke to two officials I was told they had to have an interval because the track staff had to have a break which in my opinion is ridiculous. Two hours and ten minutes to fail to complete a meeting without any injury delays has meant I have only seen racing at Rye House this season. I just hope they go to all midweek meetings next season as I am busy on a Saturday.

Total nonsense, track staff don't have to have a break. Many meetings are staged without an interval.

I used to live in Motspur Park, and supported the 'Dons' from 1958 until they closed, but now live in Norfolk.

I hear that Plough Lane is to be demolished (criminal offence IMO), has work started yet?

Total nonsense, track staff don't have to have a break. Many meetings are staged without an interval.

I used to live in Motspur Park, and supported the 'Dons' from 1958 until they closed, but now live in Norfolk.

I hear that Plough Lane is to be demolished (criminal offence IMO), has work started yet?

Agree, they can grab a drink or go to the loo when the tractor racing is on. Ours do not leave the track on mass for a break, one member goes and gets all the drinks, the same happens with the St Johns staff.

When I spoke to two officials I was told they had to have an interval because the track staff had to have a break which in my opinion is ridiculous.

The officials gave you wrong information.

Any interval is at the discretion of the promotion.

As an active track staff member I've been involved in several meetings this year alone with no interval.

I agree with those who say it is nonsense that they have to have an interval but until management say they have stopped having an interval and aim to complete meetings by 9.20pm. I will not be risking missing the last race. I fully understand that a crash can delay things, that is outside anybody's control but the love of intervals is something I can do without.