British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich V Workington Ch 17-8-17 @7-30pm

I've only plans to go to one more speedway meeting, which happens to be at worky on Saturday. After that, I don't have a clue when I will be going again.

Did I hear somewhere Cookie was not riding as he will be on his way to Russia for the GP Challenge?

Correct, Chris Harris comes into guest.

Correct, Chris Harris comes into guest.

Sums up speedway today - so Harris of Peterborough rides for Ippo against Worky on Thursday and then for Edinburgh against Ippo on Friday after riding for Peterborough against Edinburgh last Friday.

The handcart has lost its wheels.

Now if only he could guest for Worky against Ippo on Saturday!! (Well Rye don't have a meeting so who knows!!)

Near perfect symmetry!!

• Like 2

Sums up speedway today - so Harris of Peterborough rides for Ippo against Worky on Thursday and then for Edinburgh against Ippo on Friday after riding for Peterborough against Edinburgh last Friday.

Now if only he could guest for Worky against Ippo on Saturday!! (Well Rye don't have a meeting so who knows!!)

Near perfect symmetry!!

To think that some people don't think that is a problem regarding attendances.

Near perfect symmetry!!

Harris seems to be the most sought after guest in the league , he must be making a fortune

Near perfect symmetry!!

Harris is racing for worky on Thursday against ipswich, not for ipswich. I'm hoping he may also be again racing for worky on Saturday.

Just looking at that really does emphasise what a load of tosh speedway has turned into.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 2

Harris is racing for worky on Thursday against ipswich, not for ipswich. I'm hoping he may also be again racing for worky on Saturday.

Just looking at that really does emphasise what a load of tosh speedway has turned into.

Almost makes you want to like your own post :P

• Like 1

josh g guesting for worky at home v ippo .

josh g guesting for worky at home v ippo .

What a spoil sport.

We Want Harris - We Want Harris - We Want Harris.

Wait till he rides for Peterborough but guests against them in the same meeting

• Like 3

I am not surprised that supporters are turning away in droves. Only speedway could shoot itself in the foot so many times with the use of guest on so many different fronts added to which the powers that be think that no one notices. What a crock of .... this has turned into.

Time to stop calling it a team sport and rename it Rider Select and pull names out of a hat the night before the meeting.

Sad to say that just a few years back a lot of people would turn up regularly for the weekly fix now many cannot be bothered because of the contempt that the management, promoters and many but not all of the riders have for the paying punter.

The riders are forced to earn while they can and no blame is attached to most of the them added to which the fixtures etc. have been organised by those who could not organise a p ... up in a brewery and with the rampant abuse of guests, R/r, riders picking and choosing which meetings they want to ride and a few promoters letting the decent ones ride elsewhere robbing the the UK punter and blatantly misleading/ deceiving the supporters and you alienate the meaningful source of income with the terraces devoid of support.

Just hope that the riders enjoy entertaining one man and his dog and the promoters have very deep pockets. If those that run the sport cannot see the issues, then it's days are numbered.

That said, let's hope the Witches can carry on the success and add to the league points tally.

• Like 1