British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Championship Rider Final 24/09

Well done Nick , at last something to smile about after what's been a very tough season

Was a bit of a late call must had know earlier in the day and maybe could have got another rider from worky so traveling fans would have somebody to support hope mason campton gets a shout as he is not far from Glasgow

Heard about three Worky "supporters" travelling to Glasgow and booking B&B but not going to meeting as they didn't want to give "those b.......ds" the money. IT'S A SHARED EVENT. No wonder Workington struggle with "fans" like that.

For all the moaning w******s on this thread, it was a great night in a fabulous stadium with some excellent racing in the second half of the meeting. As has been said, delighted for Berwick and Nick Morris. Great atmosphere at the stade. Wells, Richie, Morris, Harris were class. Gutted for Stuart Robson who tried so haard to make the final. Glad all the riders were OK after an incredibly comptitive semi final.

Oh and the fireworks were good as well.

I'm glad you had a good night but why the hell are you so stupid that you can't see why genuine anger is expressed by those who give a damn about this event and grieve over riders and promotions who will eventually kill it? Is that too complicated for you to understand? Rider contempt nearly killed the first division riders' championship and I don't want that disease to spread to the second tier. Think of those fans going to the meeting in good faith who then found nobody had bothered to turn up from their track. Or is it the usual pathetic case here of "Well, I'm all right so sod the rest"?

There is a hell of a difference between fighting for what you believe in and 'moaning' or again is that too complex for you?

Now, before you in your pig ignorance go throwing pathetically thinly-disguised obscenities at people voicing genuine, heart-felt concern consider this word which [probably offends you as much as yours offended me.

Principles.

I would have been there if I could, like I would have been at countless other meetings in recent years, however ill-health prevents.

The 1972 final at Wimbledon was my first-ever away trip with my team. By the way, this moaning w********r was then privileged to be the centre green presenter of this meeting at Coventry in 1985.

Yes you had a good night, despite riders treating it AND YOU with contempt. I'm concerned you accept them pouring that dung on you. Perhaps it's hard to spot it on you..........

If you think I'm being harsh you brought this on yourself with your disgusting and stupid comment, now get back under your rock.

Edited by Rob McCaffery
  • Like 2

Congratulations to Nick according to updates a very competitive meeting presume a DVD will be available

Heard about three Worky "supporters" travelling to Glasgow and booking B&B but not going to meeting as they didn't want to give "those b.......ds" the money. IT'S A SHARED EVENT. No wonder Workington struggle with "fans" like that.

There has been an undercurrent of that this season from quite a few Worky fans. Its hard to pinpoint a reason as I dont recall any flashpoints or controversy between the teams. Perhaps more importantly its one way as the same doesnt apply in reverse. As Ive posted previously most at GLA hope Worky overcome their issues and run in 2018.

Looking at the photo finish in Speedway Star from the Pairs semi final at Sheffield last week, Stuart Wilson also seems to share the anti Glasgow sentiment.

• Like 2

There has been an undercurrent of that this season from quite a few Worky fans. Its hard to pinpoint a reason as I dont recall any flashpoints or controversy between the teams. Perhaps more importantly its one way as the same doesnt apply in reverse. As Ive posted previously most at GLA hope Worky overcome their issues and run in 2018.

Looking at the photo finish in Speedway Star from the Pairs semi final at Sheffield last week, Stuart Wilson also seems to share the anti Glasgow sentiment.

Or made a genuine mistake..

Or made a genuine mistake..

Indeed but its a spectacular if it is. Reading the TM's comments in the same article its not been the only occasion this season.

I'm glad you had a good night but why the hell are you so stupid that you can't see why genuine anger is expressed by those who give a damn about this event and grieve over riders and promotions who will eventually kill it? Is that too complicated for you to understand? Rider contempt nearly killed the first division riders' championship and I don't want that disease to spread to the second tier. Think of those fans going to the meeting in good faith who then found nobody had bothered to turn up from their track. Or is it the usual pathetic case here of "Well, I'm all right so sod the rest"?

There is a hell of a difference between fighting for what you believe in and 'moaning' or again is that too complex for you?

Now, before you in your pig ignorance go throwing pathetically thinly-disguised obscenities at people voicing genuine, heart-felt concern consider this word which [probably offends you as much as yours offended me.

Principles.

I would have been there if I could, like I would have been at countless other meetings in recent years, however ill-health prevents.

The 1972 final at Wimbledon was my first-ever away trip with my team. By the way, this moaning w********r was then privileged to be the centre green presenter of this meeting at Coventry in 1985.

Yes you had a good night, despite riders treating it AND YOU with contempt. I'm concerned you accept them pouring that dung on you. Perhaps it's hard to spot it on you..........

If you think I'm being harsh you brought this on yourself with your disgusting and stupid comment, now get back under your rock.

Its the usual mob who never go to a meeting or complain about a shared meeting being in the north I'm talking about. This placed is full of them.

Its the usual mob who never go to a meeting or complain about a shared meeting being in the north I'm talking about. This placed is full of them.

With 8 of the teams being based in the North (9 if you want to say Peterborough is also 'north'), then it's common sense that the Championship Riders Championship should be on a 'northern' track, surely? (I know it's not you making the accusation, by the way).

• Like 1

workington speedway do not need away supporters giving the management/fans stick . they get enough from the home supporters .

you would think that true supporters would just bite the bullet and attend the meetinf as normal .

the last thing you want to do is bomb the speedway off , go on the lash and wake up with one kidney !

were these worky supporters wearing their jackets and stuff or is this a shoot and ask questions later syndrome ?

anyhow , thanks to the mid summer break , we still have two away meetings to complete .. more speedway for the travelling fans .

Edited by jenga

Disgrace

Restored my faith in Holder somewhat. He bothered to turn up when others didn't.

You can just imagine the abuse if he had gone walkabout to Poland - our own British so called young superstar is a disgrace to speedway in this league and this country!

Edited by maneacat
  • Like 1

The sing-a-long was good fun while waiting on rerun of the semi final

workington speedway do not need away supporters giving the management/fans stick . they get enough from the home supporters .

you would think that true supporters would just bite the bullet and attend the meetinf as normal .

the last thing you want to do is bomb the speedway off , go on the lash and wake up with one kidney !

were these worky supporters wearing their jackets and stuff or is this a shoot and ask questions later syndrome ?

anyhow , thanks to the mid summer break , we still have two away meetings to complete .. more speedway for the travelling fans .

Obviously it was three people tn camoflage gear that my friend just thought looked like people who come from Workington. :neutral:

Riders with a non-speedway injury/illness can't return within 7 days unless given permission by the MC.

Set the rules in stone & do away with "unless given permission by the MC" & " in the best interest of the sport"