British Speedway Forum
mike1944

More Free Speedway On Tv?

Apologies if I have asked the question before. What is different for this free channel v Prem HD subscription? Apart from HD.

Many thanks.

Think of them as Premier Sports 1 & Premier Sports 2. Some of the sport on PS is repeated on FS, sometimes it's on both at once. Occasionally, as in tonight the sport's on FS first when there's no room on PS.

As an example of what's happening regarding other sports, PS have the rights to 15 NHL ice hockey games a week. They only have room for 12. In the past the other 3 weren't shown. Now they'll be shown on FS.

It's rather like Sky being able to show every Premierr League football match but dumping all the Bournemouth, Brighton and Crystal Palace matches on their free channel, Sky Sports Mix.

There will be cross-over between the two channels but from what's been seen so far they will be running very different schedules.

Tonight's speedway (and tomorrow's) were last minute changes. Originally they were just going to show repeats at 10 tomorrow night and during Thursday afternoon.

It's NOT a case of running two identical channels but charging a tenner a month for an HD version...

6pm tomorrow aswell

Not on actual freesport schedule yet so will need to check at 6

Not on actual freesport schedule yet so will need to check at 6

It says on my planner it starts at 6.30pm- I have asked Dave Goddard on the match thread how that will effect the coverage- might depend on what time the cricket finishes.

It says on my planner it starts at 6.30pm- I have asked Dave Goddard on the match thread how that will effect the coverage- might depend on what time the cricket finishes.

Have just checked and they show drone something at 6.30 after the cricket, so will have to keep checking or watch the cricket instead of the news.

Edited by A ORLOV

Have just checked and they show drone something at 6.30 after the cricket, so will have to keep checking or watch the cricket instead of the news.

On the SKY planner the speedway is definitely on at 6.30pm(424)

• Like 1

On the SKY planner the speedway is definitely on at 6.30pm(424)

Good, thanks.

Edited by A ORLOV

Think of them as Premier Sports 1 & Premier Sports 2. Some of the sport on PS is repeated on FS, sometimes it's on both at once. Occasionally, as in tonight the sport's on FS first when there's no room on PS.

As an example of what's happening regarding other sports, PS have the rights to 15 NHL ice hockey games a week. They only have room for 12. In the past the other 3 weren't shown. Now they'll be shown on FS.

It's rather like Sky being able to show every Premierr League football match but dumping all the Bournemouth, Brighton and Crystal Palace matches on their free channel, Sky Sports Mix.

There will be cross-over between the two channels but from what's been seen so far they will be running very different schedules.

Tonight's speedway (and tomorrow's) were last minute changes. Originally they were just going to show repeats at 10 tomorrow night and during Thursday afternoon.

It's NOT a case of running two identical channels but charging a tenner a month for an HD version...

Pleased I took the one off discount offer. Just need to remember to cancel after October. Although in my past experience with anything Setanta that will mean cancelling the card.

Thanks to Aleksandr Orlov I did see the Swedish Speedway yesterday. :t:

It was a very good production and I enjoyed it very much.

Once again - Many Thanks Aleksandr. :t::approve: :approve:

I think we have to take FreeSports' schedules cautiously. Digiguide is still showing other programming tonight and their website STILL doesn't have formal listings. So, we have to rely on the Sky listing or electronic programme guides or advice from Dave Goddard, the commentator.

Until things settle (*) we have to be prepared for last-minute decisions and changes. Apparently they keep changing their football matches. Well, it IS for free....

(* we were saying that about Eurosport in 1989...)

• Like 1

Posted Today, 09:57 AM

I note in the press that 'QUEST' - sister channel from the Eurosport camp - is seeking to show more sports. They've shown speedway in the past.

Not sure what platforms QUEST is available on?

144 on the Sky platform I believe. Quest showed the SGP when Eurosport (also part of the Discovery group) was unavailable. Ultimately owned by Liberty Media, huge rivals of the Murdoch empire.

Posted Today, 09:57 AM

I note in the press that 'QUEST' - sister channel from the Eurosport camp - is seeking to show more sports. They've shown speedway in the past.

Not sure what platforms QUEST is available on?

Freeview channel 37.

• Like 1

Both legs of the Swedish Final are being shown on freeview CH 95 on tues and wed both at 6pm each day

• Like 3

Both legs of the Swedish Final are being shown on freeview CH 95 on tues and wed both at 6pm each day

Thanks for the information Aleksandr. :approve: :approve:

Keep it coming. :t: