British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Kings Lynn Vs Wolves ( Double Header) 23.08,17

Ok you Buster bashers ! Let's give you some facts. Buster and Wolves management wanted to call off 2nd meeting tonight as Lynn were down to 3 riders. Buster suggested to ref to call off meeting, as only the ref can call off a meeting, and he would refund £8 back to each fan. Chris Van Straaten was happy for meeting to be called off also. Ref refused both their requests and said 2nd meeting had to take place. So don't go blaming Buster or Wolves for this, this is down to the ref.

so why no no8 when running R/R and why did they sit in the fact that MPT wasn't going to be there best interest of speedway? Buster is to blame for both of those facts

Ok you Buster bashers ! Let's give you some facts. Buster and Wolves management wanted to call off 2nd meeting tonight as Lynn were down to 3 riders. Buster suggested to ref to call off meeting, as only the ref can call off a meeting, and he would refund £8 back to each fan. Chris Van Straaten was happy for meeting to be called off also. Ref refused both their requests and said 2nd meeting had to take place. So don't go blaming Buster or Wolves for this, this is down to the ref.

DWH maybe you can confirm the rumours that you are soon becoming co promoter at the club? If so I encourage your interaction with fans however may not be best to start calling people 'buster bashers'.

Surely it is best to try and accept responsibility for when things go wrong and explain how the club will fix them moving forward.

From where I stand, which is watching from a far, the club is in a mess and I am sure that 99% of the fans want to see it turned around.

I for one hope you can do this, but please do not go on the attack when blind loyalty gets in the way.

Edited by jchapman
  • Like 6

DWH maybe you can confirm the rumours that you are soon becoming co promoter at the club? If so I encourage your interaction with fans however may not be best to start calling people 'buster bashers'.

Surely it is best to try and accept responsibility for when things go wrong and explain how the club will fix them moving forward.

From where I stand, which is watching from a far, the club is in a mess and I am sure that 99% of the fans want to see it turned around.

I for one hope you can do this, but please do not go on the attack when blind loyalty gets in the way.

KLS is in far more than a mess. Any feedback to the club is treated as a complaint or even worse totally ignored. Buster knows best is the rule of law adhered to there, so there will be so-called "Buster Bashers" who question his competence to run speedway in a way that sufficient fans will support. I chose not to go to the Wolves D /H - I have been to a number of others that featured two different opponents ( and would go again - perhaps not at night ). Seemed like business suicide to me. certainly more damage done to the credibility of the club. IF DWH is about to step in as a co-promoter, then yes getting the fan's ( those who still the die hard core ) on your side would seem truly essential. If being a "Buster Hugger" is all that is required for that role, then burning your money would seem more sensible.

I don't really find it a laughing matter,maybe you will be quite happy when speedway does finally disappear.

Can't help the truth and that's what happened. Shock, horror reactions would be lying. As others have said a d/h against same oppostion was a disaster waiting to happen and as it's pretty obvious Buster has driven over a herd of black cats.........

You know damn well I don't want any club to close but that means promoters actually engaging brain and also showing fans respect.

Wow!! what a fiesco, Where does one start. This scenario was always going to happen, and unlike others I blame Buster for it all. Apparently, it was known MPT wasn't ever available because of prior commitments, but the fans should have been told. Arranging a double header against the same team was mindless, knowing if there were problems in the first meeting, there wasn't a third team ready to get rider replacement from. Had our second match been against say Belle Vue, we could have co-opted Wolves riders to fill any gaps, So it was a dreadful idea...

With both teams down to 6 men, neither could afford any mishaps, yet for the first 6/7 races the track was so deep, every race was an accident waiting to happen. Race 1; Jorgensen goes out wide and locks up, race over. Race 2; Greaves in second chasing Porsing goes out wide and pulls a real lock-up. he all but stops, Auty coming into the corner after driving inside Riss has no where to go and cluttered into Greaves. Nasty pileup. All 3 down, Fortunately all were OK and able to continue. Imagine had they been unable to continue!!!. Race 3 Huckenbeck lifts and gift Thorssell the points.. Race 4 : Wolves rider gets a massive roller, leaving THJ to chase hard. going in turn 3 he does a massive 360 leaving Porsing nowhere to go. bad crash. and Porsing retires with concussion.. THJ to is injured .,.. Race 5: is gate an go, riders staying on the white line. As the meeting continues THJ eventually pulls out as well.

After heat 6 Buster again does extended track work and from then on the track is good with some good racing. but by then we are down to 4 riders and 12 points adrift and as a match it is all but over. So this 'Poor me' attitude that Buster gives over the mIc is wasted on me. I blamed him for all the problems...

Words fail me about Lambert, Had he been the Captain, deserting his duty, when his ship was going down he would be jailed for life. The thought of walking out on his mates/ Club in their hour of need should never have entered his head. The fact that it did just shows off his selfish mentality. The fact his team were in dire straits didn't matter to him in the slightest... Cant see him winning a lot of fans acting like he did....

Last night , not only did we lose 2 matches, we lost a lot of respect, we lost a lots of support. It was wrong the fans had to watch so many 3 man races, it was wrong to expect them to stay when a referee could have made a sensible decision. After last night our sport is all but dead......

Josh Auty and Jorgensen need a special mention. they were exceptional, What a pity Lambert wasn't made the same way.....

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 4

Unfortunately it is normal practice in Speedway to consider spectators as an afterthought. Must not blame Lambert he was only doing what his Mummy told him as all good boys should

Edited by wealdstone

Wow!! what a fiesco, Where does one start. This scenario was always going to happen, and unlike others I blame Buster for it all. Apparently, it was known MPT wasn't ever available because of prior commitments, but the fans should have been told. Arranging a double header against the same team was mindless, knowing if there were problems in the first meeting, there wasn't a third team ready to get rider replacement from. Had our second match been against say Belle Vue, we could have co-opted Wolves riders to fill any gaps, So it was a dreadful idea...

With both teams down to 6 men, neither could afford any mishaps, yet for the first 6/7 races the track was so deep, every race was an accident waiting to happen. Race 1; Jorgensen goes out wide and locks up, race over. Race 2; Greaves in second chasing Porsing goes out wide and pulls a real lock-up. he all but stops, Auty coming into the corner after driving inside Riss has no where to go and cluttered into Greaves. Nasty pileup. All 3 down, Fortunately all were OK and able to continue. Imagine had they been unable to continue!!!. Race 3 Huckenbeck lifts and gift Thorssell the points.. Race 4 : Wolves rider gets a massive roller, leaving THJ to chase hard. going in turn 3 he does a massive 360 leaving Porsing nowhere to go. bad crash. and Porsing retires with concussion.. THJ to is injured .,.. Race 5: is gate an go, riders staying on the white line. As the meeting continues THJ eventually pulls out as well.

After heat 6 Buster again does extended track work and from then on the track is good with some good racing. but by then we are down to 4 riders and 12 points adrift and as a match it is all but over. So this 'Poor me' attitude that Buster gives over the mIc is wasted on me. I blamed him for all the problems...

Words fail me about Lambert, Had he been the Captain, deserting his duty, when his ship was going down he would be jailed for life. The thought of walking out on his mates/ Club in their hour of need should never have entered his head. The fact that it did just shows off his selfish mentality. The fact his team were in dire straits didn't matter to him in the slightest... Cant see him winning a lot of fans acting like he did....

Last night , not only did we lose 2 matches, we lost a lot of respect, we lost a lots of support. It was wrong the fans had to watch so many 3 man races, it was wrong to expect them to stay when a referee could have made a sensible decision. After last night our sport is all but dead......

Josh Auty and Jorgensen need a special mention. they were exceptional, What a pity Lambert wasn't made the same way.....

I agree bout Lambert and feel he is heading the same way as others before him and will fail to fulfil his potential.

I did actually say from day one of professional career that he was best to get a professional manager but that advice was ignored.

• Like 3

It what happens in the play-offs that count...................................................

Or in the case of last year what ringer you brought in....
  • Like 1

95 percent of the fans were great last night and the majority stayed til the end. It was a tough situation but we had to get the meetings in. Maybe having a rider on standby in hindsight would have been a good idea but what about the other 3 Needed. We rode that 2nd meeting with 3 riders and a novice and they were still riding their nuts off. I don't blame buster. Had the heat 4 incident not happened it would have been a really close 1st meeting.

The dissentful fans were pretty much laughed at by the majority of those who stayed. They didn't need need to do a 5 pound refund on tickets but did. Wasn't a great night but you know, how's ya luck.

On to the next

• Like 1

95 percent of the fans were great last night and the majority stayed til the end. It was a tough situation but we had to get the meetings in. Maybe having a rider on standby in hindsight would have been a good idea but what about the other 3 Needed. We rode that 2nd meeting with 3 riders and a novice and they were still riding their nuts off. I don't blame buster. Had the heat 4 incident not happened it would have been a really close 1st meeting.

The dissentful fans were pretty much laughed at by the majority of those who stayed. They didn't need need to do a 5 pound refund on tickets but did. Wasn't a great night but you know, how's ya luck.

On to the next

and your fine about being treated like a mushroom regarding MPT ?

Maybe having a rider on standby in hindsight would have been a good idea but what about the other 3 Needed.

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.... Hindsight not needed!

• Like 3

I can categorically confirm I am not becoming a co-promoter of the Club. I have never had any discussions with Lynn management re this at all. I am a friend of Buster and a Club fan. I only got involved in a small way with speedway when Buster asked me if Nicklas could stay a couple of nights back in 2013. On top of that I am retiring after Christmas and moving full time to live in France.

I will still assist Nicklas going to see him race in Poland, Denmark and Sweden.

• Like 1

I can categorically confirm I am not becoming a co-promoter of the Club. I have never had any discussions with Lynn management re this at all. I am a friend of Buster and a Club fan. I only got involved in a small way with speedway when Buster asked me if Nicklas could stay a couple of nights back in 2013. On top of that I am retiring after Christmas and moving full time to live in France.

I will still assist Nicklas going to see him race in Poland, Denmark and Sweden.

Thank you for confirming and good luck with your retirement in France.

Thank you for confirming and good luck with your retirement in France.

Thanks Jonathan. I'm looking forward to it. The forum does come up with some wonderful rumours.

JC what would Maurie Littlechild make of this ? Something he built to now being destroyed week by week.

• Like 1