British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Kings Lynn Vs Wolves ( Double Header) 23.08,17

Surely if both promotions agreed to the second match being called off the referee should have shown some common sense and agreed to it being called it off.

What am I saying - Common Sense? Speedway? - the two things simply don't co - exist.

SteveZodiac... please look through the rule book and look for the rule that says "Where 2 teams can't plan out to have enough riders available to start a match, the 2 teams, if in agreement, can just do what they want"

Rules are there for a reason and if a promotion can't plan effectively enough to be in a position to start a match with enough riders why have a rule book at all? Like I've said earlier, Wolves were kind of lucky they didn't have the same problem, it could easily have happened to them.

It was down to the KL and Wolves promotions to make sure they had enough riders there to complete 2 matches... even more so when both teams were a rider down to start with (even though KL only found out about MPT at 7pm)

• Like 1

So if I read this right

Kings Lynn went into this match stating in print on their website “With Porsing set to rejoin Auty at reserve, the Stars track a full one to seven for two meetings in one night against the 2016 Elite League champions.” and yet only revealed just before the start that they were without Palm Toft who was apparently riding in Denmark.

The BSPA Chairman, Vice Chairman and another committee member all attempted to persuade the meeting referee to abandon/postpone the second match which was clearly against the rules and she correctly declined.

The second meeting was abandoned after 10 heats - was a correct/official reason given for this or had everyone lost interest by then.

The track caused riders a lot of problems early doors but was better when some extensive work was carried out by the home promotion.

I am not impressed with the Lynn report and I rather think resignations should be forthcoming, this was a complete shambles of epic proportions from start to finish.

There was nothing wrong with track. It was smooth, had usual grippy starts. Just because a rider falls it's not always the track. Track grading as normal took place after each 4 heats. No extensive work was done just grading and watering. Where were you in Arena to have the view the track was at fault? Did you walk the track ? Or were you at home and came to this conclusion via social media ?

• Like 4

Wow!! what a fiesco, Where does one start. This scenario was always going to happen, and unlike others I blame Buster for it all. Apparently, it was known MPT wasn't ever available because of prior commitments, but the fans should have been told. Arranging a double header against the same team was mindless, knowing if there were problems in the first meeting, there wasn't a third team ready to get rider replacement from. Had our second match been against say Belle Vue, we could have co-opted Wolves riders to fill any gaps, So it was a dreadful idea...

With both teams down to 6 men, neither could afford any mishaps, yet for the first 6/7 races the track was so deep, every race was an accident waiting to happen. Race 1; Jorgensen goes out wide and locks up, race over. Race 2; Greaves in second chasing Porsing goes out wide and pulls a real lock-up. he all but stops, Auty coming into the corner after driving inside Riss has no where to go and cluttered into Greaves. Nasty pileup. All 3 down, Fortunately all were OK and able to continue. Imagine had they been unable to continue!!!. Race 3 Huckenbeck lifts and gift Thorssell the points.. Race 4 : Wolves rider gets a massive roller, leaving THJ to chase hard. going in turn 3 he does a massive 360 leaving Porsing nowhere to go. bad crash. and Porsing retires with concussion.. THJ to is injured .,.. Race 5: is gate an go, riders staying on the white line. As the meeting continues THJ eventually pulls out as well.

After heat 6 Buster again does extended track work and from then on the track is good with some good racing. but by then we are down to 4 riders and 12 points adrift and as a match it is all but over. So this 'Poor me' attitude that Buster gives over the mIc is wasted on me. I blamed him for all the problems...

Words fail me about Lambert, Had he been the Captain, deserting his duty, when his ship was going down he would be jailed for life. The thought of walking out on his mates/ Club in their hour of need should never have entered his head. The fact that it did just shows off his selfish mentality. The fact his team were in dire straits didn't matter to him in the slightest... Cant see him winning a lot of fans acting like he did....

Last night , not only did we lose 2 matches, we lost a lot of respect, we lost a lots of support. It was wrong the fans had to watch so many 3 man races, it was wrong to expect them to stay when a referee could have made a sensible decision. After last night our sport is all but dead......

Josh Auty and Jorgensen need a special mention. they were exceptional, What a pity Lambert wasn't made the same way.....

Amazed wolves agreed to the match seeing if knew if 3 or 4 riders were going to get injured that would be in trouble for the second match ...Also amazed that the track was deep at the start when you have 30 heats to run :rofl:

• Like 1

After riding so well at Blunsdon on Monday and being the last team to beat Swindon home and away in May, the farce last night has ended their season.

The loss of Holder and Batch too much, have to feel for the Norfolk fans.

Adrian Flux are an insurance broker firm,don't know if there is actualy an "Adrian Flux".sure some Lynn fans will know though.

Sounds a slippery character to me!

SteveZodiac... please look through the rule book and look for the rule that says "Where 2 teams can't plan out to have enough riders available to start a match, the 2 teams, if in agreement, can just do what they want"

Rules are there for a reason and if a promotion can't plan effectively enough to be in a position to start a match with enough riders why have a rule book at all? Like I've said earlier, Wolves were kind of lucky they didn't have the same problem, it could easily have happened to them.

It was down to the KL and Wolves promotions to make sure they had enough riders there to complete 2 matches... even more so when both teams were a rider down to start with (even though KL only found out about MPT at 7pm)

Really??!! Bloody Nora. :o:nono:

Amazed wolves agreed to the match seeing if knew if 3 or 4 riders were going to get injured that would be in trouble for the second match ...Also amazed that the track was deep at the start when you have 30 heats to run :rofl:

Race 1 Jorgensen locks up - wrong his handlebar grip came loose and was twisting in his hand so didn't have control of bike, so pulled up. This is what he told me immediately after the race.

Race 2 Greaves goes wide and locks up - why tracks fault or the rider just made a mistake. Nicklas having won the race, told me track was great. Had some grip but knew it would get slick as night progressed over 30 heats. All riders were expecting this.

Race 4 THJ admits just went into bend 3 too fast and deep. Lost control unfortunately Nicklas had no where to go.

Nicklas with medics with suspected concussion so they didn't want him to continue especially when learning he was concussed in Poland 3 weeks before and was just returning from this injury.

Saw and spoke to THJ in the car park. He was in pain and was doubled up. He sat in chair as mechanics loaded van. Apologised to me that he was cause of Nicklas having to withdraw.

Robert Lambert - I was alone with Robert in changing room, as I collected Nicklas kit bag. He was in underpants and even I (not being a doctor ) could see how blown up his knee was. Robert has been limping for sometime, I asked him prior to meeting how it was and he said much better. He told me in ht15 he dragged his left leg which caught on track and twisted it. Yes he could possibly have continued, done more damage and that would be season over. So he made decision to withdraw, correct in my opinion.

Perhaps fans might like to review their opinions with some facts. I didn't hear one complaint re track. With the expected 30 heats, of course track grading etc, was required. Was it extensive, no - just track grading and watering.

• Like 3

Lynn have now apologised for the "oversight" in not informing fans of Palm-Toft's absence. So far they have not apologised for advertising 17/18 year old admission at £10 when in fact it should have been 16/17 year old for £10.

Buster was swift to sack riders for not performing their job to the standard he required or expected, no doubt we will hear very quickly that the person responsible for the above will have been relieved of their post.

I supported Buster over the Holder/Batchelor affair but it's time he realised the rest of his "team" need to perform well also. Fans can forgive riders being injured/out of form etc but there is no excuse for poor communication in this day and age.

• Like 1

Race 1 Jorgensen locks up - wrong his handlebar grip came loose and was twisting in his hand so didn't have control of bike, so pulled up. This is what he told me immediately after the race.

Race 2 Greaves goes wide and locks up - why tracks fault or the rider just made a mistake. Nicklas having won the race, told me track was great. Had some grip but knew it would get slick as night progressed over 30 heats. All riders were expecting this.

Race 4 THJ admits just went into bend 3 too fast and deep. Lost control unfortunately Nicklas had no where to go.

Nicklas with medics with suspected concussion so they didn't want him to continue especially when learning he was concussed in Poland 3 weeks before and was just returning from this injury.

Saw and spoke to THJ in the car park. He was in pain and was doubled up. He sat in chair as mechanics loaded van. Apologised to me that he was cause of Nicklas having to withdraw.

Robert Lambert - I was alone with Robert in changing room, as I collected Nicklas kit bag. He was in underpants and even I (not being a doctor ) could see how blown up his knee was. Robert has been limping for sometime, I asked him prior to meeting how it was and he said much better. He told me in ht15 he dragged his left leg which caught on track and twisted it. Yes he could possibly have continued, done more damage and that would be season over. So he made decision to withdraw, correct in my opinion.

Perhaps fans might like to review their opinions with some facts. I didn't hear one complaint re track. With the expected 30 heats, of course track grading etc, was required. Was it extensive, no - just track grading and watering.

thanks for an insightful view of the track from the riders who actually rode it.

Has to make you laugh when you get certain posters calling tracks a 'horror' just because a rider falls off.

Some clearly no nothing and make themselves look foolish when they weren't even there!

Number 8s have long since been consigned to the bin - no one names a number 8 anymore for R/R - I assume because they don't want to pay expenses for another rider travelling but not getting a ride. When we had the old second halves it was much simpler as they would get a ride in the scratch races but with no guaranteed ride now they would expect to be paid.

Birmingham have and do so number 8's haven't been consigned by all clubs.

Surely if both promotions agreed to the second match being called off the referee should have shown some common sense and agreed to it being called it off.

What am I saying - Common Sense? Speedway? - the two things simply don't co - exist.

Rarity rather than the rule.

Fair play to CVS if true that he was willing for the second match to be called off, I'm sure some promoters wouldn't

• Like 1

Fair play to CVS if true that he was willing for the second match to be called off, I'm sure some promoters wouldn't

Very true - I think CVS has the ability to see the bigger picture and would have appreciated it would have been common sense to call it off if at all possible.

• Like 1

Well a few are.

I'm looking forward to hearing Trees take on all this :P

I was happy with the season up till that Thursday in July, balls up after that but I can't blame our riders of today and injuries can't be helped, apart from bringing in injury prone riders. Last night was a disaster of course. But we've had a few good performances since the new guys were signed but they were never gonna be league winners, in fact many fans felt the 'pride' was back, including you SL!

I'm not giving up on the place, when the clutch drops the bullsh@t stops. This is a blip, hopefully Buster will get some enthusiastic people in place next year to help run the club and we'll have a good one.

Edited by Trees
  • Like 1

I seem to recall being at Lynn on a night when they rode Eastbourne ( during Waggys watch) Joe Screen and his partner had a coming together ( Screen broken leg as I recall, other lad injured). The meeting was called off at Wagstaff's request as Eastbourne were down to 4 riders and he didn't want to con the public.

Anyone else remember that one ?