British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Kings Lynn Vs Wolves ( Double Header) 23.08,17

Ah but. As one poster has already pointed out, if you don't have the daft situation whereby you're riding against the same club twice, you already have 7 potential guests present for the second meeting.

There will always be "Ah but" situations.What if Lynn had 3 riders injured in the first 2 races of a normal match,what then.We would still have to ride on with 3 riders possibly.Wednesday night was just an unlucky night with injuries i suppose.It's a sport where riders often get injured it's just Lynn's all came at once.

Also the only other team that could possibly have come that night would have been Poole.Would they have been willing to come that night,possibly not as they have been down to ride at Lynn next week for quite some time and i suppose wouldn't want to alter all of their plans.

The only solution to all of this is to get matches rode more regularly rather than p**sing about with months of only 1 or 2 matches.Then you wouldn't have the need for double headers at the end of the season.

Edited by tellboy

There will always be "Ah but" situations.What if Lynn had 3 riders injured in the first 2 races of a normal match,what then.We would still have to ride on with 3 riders possibly.Wednesday night was just an unlucky night with injuries i suppose.It's a sport where riders often get injured it's just Lynn's all came at once.

All that is true. But play the percentages. Don't start 30 heats of racing with 6 riders, no number 8 and no chance of a late stand in.

And for goodness sake, don't ride against the same club twice on the same night. That's just plain daft.

• Like 3

Fair enough, I look forward to reading it :D War and Peace length is no problem, it's likely to be a long long winter :wink:

More so if the same prat stays in charge..

to use your oft used quote"his door is always open" why dont you go and tell him hes a "prat"

• Like 2

What rubbish,no team in the UK can afford to go to matches with a squad of ten riders,which would have been needed Wednesday.

I find the overrated riders are the ones who can't pass another rider while racing.I would rather watch a Lambert,Harris racing from the back than say a Hancock just leading from the front.The best sight in speedway is seeing someone busting a gut to try and pass another rider.

I think what makes the SGP series so exciting this year is that none of the top riders are consistently better than the rest out of the gate.

End of the day, you want to gate and win the race. Not sure riders get the same thrill from passing as us fans!

Like somebody remarked, it should not come to double headers.

Do not the teams give a list of available racing dates to the

fixture secretary before the season starts ??

They should all be able to get their matches in to stop this

double bubble happening...

The fixture secretary needs changing,a lot of teams moaning about

going 3 weeks without a home fixture,and as of now and past seasons

teams trying to cram in maybe 2 matches a week.

Well your pratt had enough goes.

ah bless did he ban a rider you adored!

jumped up paperboy saying what should happen..........get Matt Ford in charge......oh no hang on a sec...............

• Like 1

In the words of the great Starman2006"isn't there a Poole thread you can go on" :t:

• Like 3

Star Lady I am more that happy to write my opinion of British speedway. But let the season finish and I will write it. Might be War and Peace in length though lol

I think we will all look forward to it..,

What rubbish. Kings Lynn did field a competitive team but when you lose your top two riders and your best reserve to injury plus r/r what team in the world would have stand by options to cover that. No the second match should have been cancelled

you can't cancel a meeting just because one team can't field a team. What a dangerous precedent to set and a ridiculous suggestion in the first place,

a team competing at a so called professional level, in a so called Premiership

It's still the top level league we have so accurately called.

• Like 1

you can't cancel a meeting just because one team can't field a team. What a dangerous precedent to set and a ridiculous suggestion in the first place,

It's still the top level league we have so accurately called.

I think a team done that a few years ago,i wonder who that was :shock:.And that was with them missing fewer riders.

• Like 2

I think a team done that a few years ago,i wonder who that was :shock:.And that was with them missing fewer riders.

But that was before a meeting took place, cancelled by the promotion citing 'damaging business' and not under the control of an official.

Wednesday night was much different reasons and as the ref has no power to cancel the meeting with riders and paying customers in the building meaning circumstances were not the same.

However I agree that the Poole cancellation set the precedent on cancelling meetings in advance.

you can't cancel a meeting just because one team can't field a team. What a dangerous precedent to set and a ridiculous suggestion in the first place,.

I agree which makes it all the more concerning that 3 members of the Management Committee attempted to persuade the referee to do just that.

It doesn't say a lot for the integrity of the MC does it.

• Like 3

But that was before a meeting took place, cancelled by the promotion citing 'damaging business' and not under the control of an official.

Wednesday night was much different reasons and as the ref has no power to cancel the meeting with riders and paying customers in the building meaning circumstances were not the same.

However I agree that the Poole cancellation set the precedent on cancelling meetings in advance.

hang on Steve, you say the Poole match was cancelled before it took place.. the 2nd meeting could (should) have been as well.

• Like 2