British Speedway Forum
graz gp

Sheffield Tigers V Scunthorpe Scorpions. 24/08/2017.

If the Tiger's ride like they have been doing over the last few weeks this should be a straight forward win. I will go for +15. The Tigers heat leader's are on fire at Owlerton and have plenty of great back up from the rest of the lad's. Scunny have guys that can go well at Owlerton. Douglas rode well last week guesting for Newcastle. Auty and Palm Toft give it a go. But the Tigers should be too strong for them. Just need the weather to be good. The forecast is a nice sunny day. UTT

Massive away win now robs announced we will run next year this lot will up there game so we can keep the same seven next year

Edited by phillwhitewasmad

Massive away win now robs announced we will run next year this lot will up there game so we can keep the same seven next year

As mad as you😮

SHEFFIELD: Josh Grajczonek, Todd Kurtz, Lasse Bjerre, Josh Bates, Kyle Howarth, Jan Graversen, Georgie Wood.

SCUNTHORPE: Michael Palm Toft, Jake Allen R/R, Lewis Kerr, Ryan Douglas, Josh Auty, Tero Aarnio, Josh Bailey.

Hoping to keep the run going tonight but I don't think it will be easy.Scunthorpe have several riders who can ride Sheffield as Douglas proved last week.If we get off to a good start then we can build the momentum and keep the run going.Hope Georgie can get the points his efforts deserve.

Hoping to keep the run going tonight but I don't think it will be easy.Scunthorpe have several riders who can ride Sheffield as Douglas proved last week.If we get off to a good start then we can build the momentum and keep the run going.Hope Georgie can get the points his efforts deserve.

I agree he does put a lot of effort into his riding and is particularly fond of riding a wide line, he just needs to perfect the art of 'getting across' the opposition when he's passed them on the outside. An example was the Newcastle meeting when in heat 2 he kept to the outside for all 4 laps and was infront of Ben Hopwood every time they went over the start/ finish line. Until the end of the fourth lap when Ben cut him off. He also needs to practice his starts as he's always going to be gate 3 or 4 in every heat 2.

Douglas did ride well last Sunday so Josh and Lasse need to put him in his place early doors. Same for Auty, if Kyle puts in a long distance win in heat 4 it might put him in a 'retiring' mood. ;)

Josh G had a bad night at Rye last night . So watch out Scunny, he will be out to put that right tonight. UTT.

Same for Auty, if Kyle puts in a long distance win in heat 4 it might put him in a 'retiring' mood. ;)

Josh went the long distance last night in the debacle at Kings Lynn. 12 heats ridden so Josh & his machines could be knackered. At least Josh will have an excuse! What will Kyle's be? Yes, Kyle was there, also, but how was the head to head races? 3-2 in Howarth's favour. How about 2 races on the trot, clutch cooling, tyres changed or turned over. Towards the end of the 2nd meeting, Josh had 3 races(his 10th, 11th & 12th) on the trot in heats 7, 8 & 9.

On the basis of Ryan there last week, Josh last night, & the slight dip in form of Toft, Kerr & Aarnio I would hope the team to have had a good night if we can keep it close till heats 10 or 11 & score 38+ points.

Same for Auty, if Kyle puts in a long distance win in heat 4 it might put him in a 'retiring' mood. ;)

Josh went the long distance last night in the debacle at Kings Lynn. 12 heats ridden so Josh & his machines could be knackered. At least Josh will have an excuse! What will Kyle's be? Yes, Kyle was there, also, but how was the head to head races? 3-2 in Howarth's favour. How about 2 races on the trot, clutch cooling, tyres changed or turned over. Towards the end of the 2nd meeting, Josh had 3 races(his 10th, 11th & 12th) on the trot in heats 7, 8 & 9.

On the basis of Ryan there last week, Josh last night, & the slight dip in form of Toft, Kerr & Aarnio I would hope the team to have had a good night if we can keep it close till heats 10 or 11 & score 38+ points.

Howarth this season has been terrific done well in two leagues he certainly has improved Auty for me when on it will beat Howarth more times just hope Auty can have a consistent last couple of months of the season.

Regarding Wood's exclusion... was the ref having a laugh?!?! He was off gate 4 going round turn 1 still by the fence when he got clattered from behind by Tero who was off gate 1... still can't figure out that decision!! That said, couldn't see the need for booing Tero, not his fault that the ref needs specs

Guest Scunny2012

Quite an entertaining meeting after the first 3 gate and go heats but it did highlight for Scunny that they need a genuine no. 1 rider that can compete in heats 13/15, although Scunny scored more than I thought they would but with Sheffield's heat leader trio almost unbeatable this was a forgone conclusion so congratulations Sheffield.

Howarth this season has been terrific done well in two leagues he certainly has improved Auty for me when on it will beat Howarth more times just hope Auty can have a consistent last couple of months of the season.

And how many times has he been on it the last couple of seasons.

For me Auty needs to a leaf out of Kyle's book next season and move on and find new clubs in the Premiership and Championship, for me he is a comfort zone at Scunthorpe.

Regarding Wood's exclusion... was the ref having a laugh?!?! He was off gate 4 going round turn 1 still by the fence when he got clattered from behind by Tero who was off gate 1... still can't figure out that decision!! That said, couldn't see the need for booing Tero, not his fault that the ref needs specs

The booing near me (1st turn) was directed clearly at the referee. Tero was warmly applauded when he got back on his feet. I have to say it was one of the most ridiculous refereeing decisions I've ever seen.

• Like 1