British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

I have just turned 60 so just in the old bracket now.

The way I look at it is that speedway will never be like it was in days gone by.But I try to leave speedways problems at the door and just enjoy the racing on the night which thankfully I still can at the NSS.

I look at it that the sport might die but so will I but until which ever comes first I will attend as many Aces/Colts meetings as I can and enjoy it while I still can.

• Like 5

I'm like GRW ( OMG) Saturday night at Lynn was never to be missed. I well remember going to watch the footie at Norwich, leaping off of that bus on the return journey and jumping on the Speedway bus to Lynn........My hero back in the day was Barry Crowson. No idea why !

Now Speedway at Lynn, I can take it or leave it... Slightest sign of rain, makes my mind up straight away. The Number of times I have been to Lynn over the past couple of seasons, and thought to myself afterwards, why on earth did I bother. I will sure give it a look next season to see if things have improved. Ok I'm a masochist, but I still live in hope if not expectation.

Edited by semion

I'm like GRW ( OMG) Saturday night at Lynn was never to be missed. I well remember going to watch the footie at Norwich, leaping off of that bus on the return journey and jumping on the Speedway bus to Lynn........My hero back in the day was Barry Crowson. No idea why !

Now Speedway at Lynn, I can take it or leave it... Slightest sign of rain, makes my mind up straight away. The Number of times I have been to Lynn over the past couple of seasons, and thought to myself afterwards, why on earth did I bother. I will sure give it a look next season to see if things have improved. Ok I'm a masochist, but I still live in hope if not expectation.

same here regarding rain the weather needs to be dry and settled.

same here regarding rain the weather needs to be dry and settled.

I contacted the AFA several months ago by email, to ask if they still did the texting service which informed fans if a match was postponed or rained off. I was led to believe by somebody on this forum, they still did it? I live south of Norwich, so its 100 mile round trip for me (I must be mad) and I don't want to arrive in Lynn to find we have a rain/wind/electrical failure postponement.

Did I get a reply.....Did I hell!

I contacted the AFA several months ago by email, to ask if they still did the texting service which informed fans if a match was postponed or rained off. I was led to believe by somebody on this forum, they still did it? I live south of Norwich, so its 100 mile round trip for me (I must be mad) and I don't want to arrive in Lynn to find we have a rain/wind/electrical failure postponement.

They are all very busy. Planning the "New Dawn' of UK speedway for 2018. To make things simpler, the new Direct To Your Brain Service will tell all fans IF the meeting is on. With a live count down from 6 hrs before the Tapes Up time. All part of the planned Stay In Touch With Supporters service.

• Like 1

I'm Now out in North Norfolk, so if there's doubt then I don't even consider it. Seen one too many of Buster's 'Its On' meetings only to turn up to finding him blading the track, meeting of course starts late and ends up with little to no racing. No Thanks.

• Like 1

My hero back in the day was Barry Crowson. No idea why !

Mine too! A fast gater, lovely smooth style and top bloke. I have vague memories of him beating Ivan Mauger around Saddlebow Road, and Mauger threw a right strop getting beaten by such a "lowly" rider.

Bumped in to Barry at the World Speedway Riders dinner at Norwich in 2016, he lives locally and has lost all that lovely long hair he had in the 70's. We had a nice chat, and I found, like myself, he is a keen caravanner and spends much of the year touring around. I have fond memories of his time at Lynn, and it was nice to see him again.

I'm Now out in North Norfolk, so if there's doubt then I don't even consider it. Seen one too many of Buster's 'Its On' meetings only to turn up to finding him blading the track, meeting of course starts late and ends up with little to no racing. No Thanks.

When did you come out then ?

Orlov I'm not sure if that type of question is really PC now ? I hear Mistletoe is being banned this Xmas as it might be considered as sexual harassment

• Like 2

I live in North Norfolk and I don't bother to go to the AFA for speedway if the weather is iffy. It takes a big effort to go when the weather is good.

OMG you old farts, did you never hear of sharing lifts, there used to be 5 of us sharing a lift so we only drove every 5 weeks, perfect! Perhaps we could organise something through KLSSC?

Now I travel on my own so I get there early, PAY to get in (included that for the flipping doubters!) and set up the KLSSC table and do my bit ....

Of course the cost of diesel (answer, get a car that does 60 to the gallon haha, my fiesta does) does make one question travelling on a dodgy weather night, promoters are sometimes damned if they do and damned if they don't make early calls in these cases .....

• Like 1

Trees you want us to travel in a car with dodgy tyres ?😂

Edited by semion

Tress you want us to travel in a car with dodgy tyres ?

4 brand new ones now!!!

I might be an old fart but I think you are the same age as me Trees. If not you are close. It would be hard to car share where I live as there is only me and my son who go to speedway.