British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Stockholm Gp 2017

BUT why should your view prevail over the rest of us who enjoy the coverage along with the commentary. BT are very happy with KT and NP.

I don't believe anyone said it should but the last time I checked this country still allowed free speech. That being so we are entitled to state our opinion. If you or anyone else doesn't like it you have the option to ignore it. At least you don't have to pay to read what we write :wink:

• Like 1

That Kildemand is tedious. I'd love someone to do a video compilation of how many times he has pulled that bail out trick in the GPs alone.

Can fully understand Holder's frustration.

He's the speedway equivalent of Jurgen Klinsmann.

I've said this many times. It seems ironic that everyone is aware of Kildemand's behaviour except the Referees. The worse part about all this this, is that Kildemand knows the rules will support his selfish action. He uses every touch to his own advantage and slides off like a rehearsed stuntman.

I'm not a Holder lover, but to me he was leading the race and had the choice of line. Killer put himself into that position where Holder had little choice but to touch him, Once that happened, Chris knew the rules meant he would be excluded even though every part of the incident was initiated by Kildemand.

The rule stinks, Chris may have touch Killer, but that wasn't the reason he came off. He slid off to get the race re-run and get another chance to get to the final.

Any respect one has for Kildemand's obvious ability, goes when he pulls stunts like these. Give me someone like Pedersen everytime......

• Like 2

BUT why should your view prevail over the rest of us who enjoy the coverage along with the commentary. BT are very happy with KT and NP.

And so they should IMO both Pearson and Tatum do an excellent job, seems there`s just no pleasing some.

Hardly a classic SGP last night, big step to becoming World Champ by Doyle as his main competitors fell by the way side, while any hopes of Tai Woffinden putting up much of a challenge imploded.

Kildemand the new NP in waiting? Overall a poor meeting the track cutting up badly certainly didnt help, well done to Matej on his win and great to see Doyle increase his lead after last season i didnt think he would be able to repeat that form but if anything hes come back stronger, hope he now wins it totally deserved. Be interesting to see if he rides well within himself tomorrow. As someone else mentioned as there are so many of these meetings now they tend to lose that bit of magic that the one off final had. That air of uncertainty the whole season building up to that one special night, the tension etc. I know all the arguements for and against both but the GP comes no where near close to that atmosphere you could cut with a knife on world final night. Lets hope the next one provides a better spectacle which it should on a good well prepared track.

• Like 1

I thought it was a pretty ok meeting, not the best but certainly had its touches of brilliance.

Re the commentators, personally I dont mind them at all, but appreciate others dont like the presentation. Its a bit like brexit, if we had a vote it could turn out 48-52 and the losers would keep moaning forever. It is what it is, get on with it. A bit of a bore when it gets mentioned EVERY gp.

Re Peter Kildemand. Bellevueace - last couple years he been theatrical in his riding, or should I say falls, so he not NP in waiting, hes been there but NP was taking the limelight. Re the PK-CH clash. If Holder had not been waving his leg about and lifted just as he got to the corner, thereby being not in control of his machine, the refs decision could have been different.

Re the starting fiasco, yes they all know the rules, dont move before the tapes do. However, the ref was consistent with his tape release so they should have tuned in. However, I still say that a computer should randomly release the tapes between one and three seconds so no rider can predict when the tapes go. All would have to be on their toes.

Nothing been said much about the poles - last night once again that Zmarzlik is a full throttle merchant, doesnt have much throttle control at all that I can see, and at times he is dm right dangerous and I wouldnt like him neither in front of or behind me. Dudek, bit of a let down this year. Hard to say that when he is still 2nd in the points table, but showing a lot of immaturity. Perhaps those 2 riders are lacking experience riding smaller tracks ie UK, unlike Magic of Pawlicki.

Zagar, a treat to watch when in full flow, but not consistent enough. Its good he is fighting for a top 8 place, but he should be fighting for a top 3 place. I wonder whether he lacks confidence in himself. Perhaps he may do well having a session with a head guru. I think 2 gp wins in one season guarantees him a place next year even if he doesnt get top 8 this year.

Emil, brilliant passing last night, especially the one passing Kildemand. But where has his gating skill gone to. Much easier to win if you in the lead from the start. He just seems to be lacking something that he had in 2013.

And finally, things could be worse, I just tuned in to Moto gp in Aragon and this morning pre race practice is fogged off, yet when the sun comes through (and it will) it is forcast the heat will be massive.

• Like 1

Just think Kildemands all action never give up style brings something to the events, Pedersen was also known to go down easily as to influence a refs decision or to try to give himself a second bite of the cherry, i can see some resemblance tbh and the series needs that panto villain.

Are you really saying "the rest of us enjoy the commentary"?

That isn't what comes across on the BSF

As someone else mentioned as there are so many of these meetings now they tend to lose that bit of magic that the one off final had. That air of uncertainty the whole season building up to that one special night, the tension etc. I know all the arguements for and against both but the GP comes no where near close to that atmosphere you could cut with a knife on world final night. Lets hope the next one provides a better spectacle which it should on a good well prepared track.

Spot on. I was going to say, wouldn't it be great if we went into the Melbourne GP with 15 riders level on points - what a tense, special meeting that would be. But no, it looks like the "championship" will have been decided before that meeting, so it may only be a qualifier for the top eight for next season

Even if the 15 (I exclude the wildcard - why you have them in a championship I do not know) were level going into Melbourne, under the "new system" we've had for several years, ie semi-finals and final, the winner of the final, so the winner of the meeting, might not be the champion - see Zagar last night

Oh for a 20 heat 16 rider World Championship Final, top scorer the winner, which could stand alongside a GP Series - we would have a World Champion and a GP Series winner

• Like 1

Well looks like Doyle's to lose now and fair play he has done the business and come back well after last year.Not my favourite rider but it would be churlish to argue that he will not be a worthy champion and has won the title fair and square.

IMO it is sad not to see Grin race a full season as W/C and NP injured as I think that we have seen the last of both of them on the GP stage , we now have a changing of the guard and ironically Doyle bridges the generational gap .

Edited by FAST GATER

Holder had lost full control, his foot was in the air off the footrest, causing him to stray slightly off his line and make contact with Kildemand, causing him to fall

Correct decision IMHO

• Like 3

Holder had lost full control, his foot was in the air off the footrest, causing him to stray slightly off his line and make contact with Kildemand, causing him to fall

Correct decision IMHO

Of course it was the correct decision. I don't understand riders waving their leg about these days, obviously they are less in control.

Especially on a rutty track like that.

Correct decision IMHO

I think it is the level of contact that Holder rightly questioned.

Kildemand has plenty of history for taking a dive and who can honestly say that when they saw him enter that bend with Holder, take a slight contact, they didn't think he was going down regardless?

Correct decision IMHO

You are correct but I don't blame Kildermand for going down easily. If in the same position 99% of us would do the same. The rules are in black and white, can be stretched or used by anyone, to there advantage. The rules heavily favors any rider being passed on the inside who gets any form of contact.

Maybe the rule needs wording differently to include contact that is deemed normal, fair or reckless. This will give a grey area for a referee but would stop riders falling off at the softest touch in the knowledge they will get the decision. It would encourage riders to stay on the bike.

Edited by marky

In view of the comments about the commentary (and I for one enjoy their enthusiasm) it will be interesting to watch this back with NP and KT's views. Watching it live you only get one real chance to form an opinion, and don't always have the best angle. It did appear that Kildemand engineered the situation with Holder though.

And as the rumours of Stockholm not being on the circus, sorry circuit next year grow, at least the ABBA museum is now ticked off.