British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Yampy

Winners & Play Offs

Good luck to all playoff teams - may the best team win!

Swindon vs Poole and BV vs Wolves (IMHO)

Good luck to all playoff teams - may the best team win!

Swindon vs Poole and BV vs Wolves (IMHO)

Swindon in the final, the other tie 50/50

Nothing like Poole vs Swindon especially when we have dicked them 3 times already this year. Should be easy enough in the semis. Wolves be tough in the final though and 2009 still hurts!!

thecoombdog, on 02 Sept 2017 - 07:53 AM, said:

Nothing like Poole vs Swindon especially when we have dicked them 3 times already this year. Should be easy enough in the semis. Wolves be tough in the final though and 2009 still hurts!!

the battle of the biggest drama queens in terms of team managers...heaven forbid if Swindon lose, Rossitor will be crying again in front of the cameras!

the battle of the biggest drama queens in terms of team managers...heaven forbid if Swindon lose, Rossitor will be crying again in front of the cameras!

that's passion then !!!!

Intriguing play offs now.

Personally i fancy belle vue if frickes back.

If lahtis back in the main body poole are outsiders.

Wolves are wolves, v consistent generally

Those 17 swindons count for bugger all now tho its a mighty achievement

With hans at the helm who knows what will happen hans has been brilliant this week there still could a few twist and turns yet.i hope rosco picks us because i reckon thats our best bet for semi's

The team that will win the league, will be the one who has 7 riders on the day, that have their personal engines firing on all cylinders so to speak. As simple as that.

You may have well have drawn lots at the beginning of the season to see who was going to be in the top four. Sarcastic I know...but the season has been a total lottery, with teams made up of pretty much anyone who was available.

I'd be interested to see stats showing what team had the most settled 7 riders competing over the season.

It struck my mind when Rosco said last night, his concerns about Bellego and his engines not working at the moment.

Wouldn't it just show what a farce league speedway is, if Swindon ( the most consistent team of the season ) lost the title, purely down to a rider who has been consistent, not getting HIS engines right in the play offs.

How ridiculous would that be...

Edited by Gresham
  • Like 2

Swindon v Poole

Belle Vue v Wolves

Im going for a Swindon v Belle Vue final. I think over 2 legs with 2 full teams Belle Vue will beat Wolves

Swindons biggest issue is the reserve positions, get that wrong and it could cost them in the final

With hans at the helm who knows what will happen hans has been brilliant this week there still could a few twist and turns yet.i hope rosco picks us because i reckon thats our best bet for semi's

We have nothing to fear from Swindon. That run of wins means nothing now. A great acheivement but its the past. The run ended spectacularly last night and Rosco must be concerned with a couple of his riders looking like they are running out of steam.

Against that is a Poole team who have endured a torrid mid season where our form and confidence completely deserted us. We were at rock bottom and a championship side could have beaten us.

But since that horrendous 30-60 defeat we have slowly but surely come together as a team. Confidence has grown week upon week. Middlo has shown why he is revered at Poole and the riders have reacted very well to his management. In the last few meetings we have seen the Poole fighting spirit resurface. At Kings Lynn we got the 4 points, then last night in a much tougher meeting and being 10 down, the team dug deep. As English Roundabout said in his meeting summary, the Poole team just all clicked together. Middlo probably got them all together and gave a now or never talk and the team reacted in a positively. On track it was a sight to see.

As the season has panned out, Swindon fans believe the Robins will win both legs of the semi quite comfortably and are probably more concerned about who they will meet in the final. They have seen Pirates off without too much bother in league meetings, bar Poole getting at draw at Blunsdon. They won convincingly at Poole in the B fixture. What is there to be worried about?