British Speedway Forum
diamond_ren

Jason Doyle In This Weeks Speedway Star

do the likes of Doyle, Holder, Batchelor, Schlein and co realise what they are doing to tomorrows young Aussie speedway riders?

I can understand why the top riders no longer want to ride over here regular race nights and they can earn a lot more money riding in Poland and Sweden so why do they not just say that.

The problem I have is a lot of them have to slag off British speedway before they go.Like a lot of people have said this Country gave a lot of them their start or plenty of meetings for them learn their trade no problems then.Before they were considered good enough to ride for big money in Poland etc the level of opposing riders safe etc no problems then.I agree some of our tracks do need improving but after riding on them for 10 years or so with no problem they all of a sudden become unsafe.

I would ask the question of Doyle of your recent big injurys did any of them happen on a track used for British league meetings and what level of safe rider you were up against.

I have no problem if a rider moves on for better pay etc we would all do it and would welcome them back at anytime.But if a rider slags off our league before he goes when his form drops off a little and he is no longer wanted in Poland for me he would at that time be no longer wanted back in Britain ever.

I agree that Poole's track needs work but don't you think you should have mentioned your own Kings lynn track as well.

Not in the same vein as Poole no but yes I'd like to see Buster change the shape a bit if possible. Obviously being a multiuse stadium I'm not sure about any alternative to the claybase and/or using other material on top as it's scraped off and put down on a regular basis. We basically need a new "Huggy"!

We should listen to some of what Doyle is saying, take Poole for instance, why can't Matt iron out all the lumps and bumps ffs, it's ridiculous.. Our promoters should study their tracks and try to make them better, smoother, better shaped, do what is necessary. Of course accessing them is a problem and for some it's spending money on something they don't own but if the will is there to improve it and hopefully reap the benefit?

I totally agree. The track is the most important part of a promoters business, yet most choose to neglect it.
  • Like 1

So let me see if I've got this right......

We can't run on Wednesday because we'll clash with the Danes.

We can't run on Sundays because all our riders will be in Poland (yeh, right).

We can't run on Tuesdays because we'll clash with Sweden (have any of you watched the Swedish meetings on a Tuesday? Not many of those boys ride over here).

We can't run on Fridays because of the GP practices (the practices that most riders rubbish in interview and are not compulsory).

So what's left? Mondays and Thursdays? Yes. What else?

Saturdays. Heavens no. The World will come crashing down around our heads. And none of those GP lads who earn their real living on a Sunday anyway will ride for us. We decided we didn't want them last winter. A very small number of clubs found a way to keep their GP riders despite the rules and the push to reduce costs. Come next March and the new Polish restrictions, the number of GP riders here might be even smaller. So let's stop kidding ourselves. Admit where our leagues are on a global scale and design a structure accordingly. Race nights have to be dictated, to a degree, by stadium availability. Doubling up is a fact of life. Try to avoid clashes by running the two leagues on different nights if you can, but don't get your knickers in a knot. There has to be some give and take on this or we could lose some clubs which has to be the worst of all outcomes. We'll also lose riders if we restrict their earnings. "Scrap doubling up and let them all get jobs to supplement their earnings" I hear you say. Are you kidding? We expect riders who conduct themselves professionally. Have good quality equipment, well turned out. Available to ride and not knackered from working the previous night.

So okay, we need to pull our leagues apart, run the two leagues on different nights as far as possible and create a product our shrinking fan base will continue to support. And what a about the rest of the World? If it works for them, they're welcome. Otherwise it's a shame, but I ain't going to compromise my domestic sport to suit you.

other countries have always had single racedays , we on the other hand haven't ,something else that needs to be factored in is will wolves supporters for example go on a Thurs , Sandhu pissed about with Covs racenight to suit Dogs and stox , and it was a disaster ,he had enough dosh to ride it out and try other nights , not many other clubs have that luxury , and a run of poor attendances due to objectionable race night could easily see them fold , Doyle and the rest of the carpet baggers were happy enoough to ride any night ,now they are too big for their boots , and Doyles head is too big for his helmet they want us to take risks to suit them, I can only hope that Visa issues prevent them riding in Europe and when they come cap in hand ,the BSPA has the balls to point them in the direction of a quantas booking desk

do the likes of Doyle, Holder, Batchelor, Schlein and co realise what they are doing to tomorrows young Aussie speedway riders?

yes Doyle and Holder are fully aware , thing is they don't give a Shyt about tomorrows young Aussies or the clubs and fans that have supported them on the way up , just like Woffinden , all they care about is themselves

Wolves have no chance with Thursday's as its a greyhound night and we don't own the stadium so have the choice

Edited by Red Flag

Run UK speedway with the riders who want to race here when we choose to put on meetings. Those handful of international top riders are too expensive for the UK anyway and new "top" riders will emerge from those who we can afford. Doyle should stick to Poland, Sweden and the GP's and I don't blame him for doing that.

• Like 2

Jason Doyle is quite adamant... British speedway must have fixed racenights. Oh, and our tracks.. they are not prepared very well. That sways his view.

But... compared to Poland... how many riders have lost their lives or been confined to a wheelchair from British track accident the past 10 years?

Poland seems quite dangerous if you compare the two.

Jason Doyle is quite adamant... British speedway must have fixed racenights. Oh, and our tracks.. they are not prepared very well. That sways his view.

But... compared to Poland... how many riders have lost their lives or been confined to a wheelchair from British track accident the past 10 years?

Poland seems quite dangerous if you compare the two.

were our tracks dangerous when he spent 10+ years earning his living on them as a nothing journeyman ,, goodbye and good riddance

Wolves have no chance with Thursday's as its a greyhound night and we don't own the stadium so have the choice

MORE likely to be two days a week, Monday and Thursday. One day means only half the tracks can operate that week.

So Jason has sent a clear message with an implied, "Are you listening?" at the end.

Are you listening Jason? Because from where I'm sitting you've burnt a lot of bridges. Not by what you said, but by the way you said it.

• Like 1

MORE likely to be two days a week, Monday and Thursday. One day means only half the tracks can operate that week.

So what happens to Monday and Thursday clubs that don't go in the Premiership?

We know British speedway is in a mess without Mr. Doyle telling us, thank you very much. Not defending Britain when criticising Doyle.

But we have something here that highlights where we are in loyalty.

Imagine being a kid again, say 10 years-old, and you ask your so-called best mate is he coming to your party on Tuesday. Friend says, he can't because his other friend is having one that day. You feel hurt, it takes away something special from your friendship. And it doesn't help when your ex-best pal knocks on your door during your party, saying the other party was cancelled so he can come to yours now.

How can you support a sport that encourages this scenario?

They don't have double ups. Simples

as long as Jason Doyle doesn't ride for them ,they can close down he doesn't mind ,

• Like 1

If things dont work out with the brexit negotiations and if i understand it correctly. All these whinging aussies will be crying out for a visa to race in uk and europe. I know what i would do with them. They don't say anything about the track's when they are working there way through the leagues in the uk and learning there trade.