British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Sheffield Tigers Cl Sat 2nd Sept 2017 @7pm

Unbelievable. A very impressive performance from the riders and management at Sheffield. I thought we would be lucky to get 35, and there was absolutely no chance of even getting a point, never mind a win. Thanks to the 2 juniors for stepping in and gaining some experience for themselves when no one else would assist, and to Lewis Kerr for his efforts.

Sheffield looked the best team on paper, but now look a mile ahead of the rest imo. Ach well, Glasgow in the playoffs and the cup.

Incredible atmosphere tonight, huge crowd and thankfully some really good racing. Chin up Glasgow.

• Like 1

If that is not the performance of the season in any league i don't know what is. This sheffield team is the best we have had since 2002. If Josh G and Kyle Howarth are not the best 1 and 5 in the league will someone let me know who is. A big up for the promoters at Sheffield. Making Simon Stead the team manager was a great move. Also they are not afraid to make a change, if it's needed. Imo it should be young guy's like we have at Sheffield who have an input into what happens in the running of speedway, they could not do any worse than the old fart's that are running the show now. Some fresh ideas that could be talked about, because if we carry on as we are there won't be any speedway to watch for anyone in the uk. Sorry for the rant. UTT

• Like 4

Sheffield looked the best team on paper, but now look a mile ahead of the rest imo. Ach well, Glasgow in the playoffs and the cup.

Incredible atmosphere tonight, huge crowd and thankfully some really good racing. Chin up Glasgow.

On the positive side that was a very large crowd tonight and it has been for most of the season.

Just a pity the team has hit a poor run of form when it matters ,but you just have to accept that you were beaten by the better team on the night.

really nice lesson in how you cant buy a peedway tittle

Your right, you cant buy a speedway title but you can capture the imagination of the paying punter that resulted in a massive crowd tonight. What were the numbers like down Derwent?

• Like 9

Unbelievable. A very impressive performance from the riders and management at Sheffield. I thought we would be lucky to get 35, and there was absolutely no chance of even getting a point, never mind a win. Thanks to the 2 juniors for stepping in and gaining some experience for themselves when no one else would assist, and to Lewis Kerr for his efforts.

Stead must take credit for holding his nerve and sticking to his gameplan. Very good tactically.

• Like 7

Your right, you cant buy a speedway title but you can capture the imagination of the paying punter that resulted in a massive crowd tonight. What were the numbers like down Derwent?

As you'd expect for a meeting that didn't capture "anyone's" imagination??

300 best guess I would say, not good for us whatever?? :cry:

Notice Stewart left scratching his head after tonight.

Think we all know the problem our big riders go missing when it matters most surely he can see that without the head scratching.

What a fantastic result for us Yorkshire Tigers; really didn't expect anything out of this meeting when Bjerre was ruled out. Whilst I'm loving the winning run we are on (must be a record for us) no silverware has been won as of yet. We all know the playoffs can produce surprises like we did last year to get to the final.

I'm sure Glasgow will come again; very powerful side when all on it and Ipswich will be a very hard team to beat over 2 legs. Never count out Edinburgh neither.

Should be an entertaining playoffs; hope above all that all teams involved have their No.s 1 to 7 available and may the best team win when it counts.

• Like 1

Notice Stewart left scratching his head after tonight.

Think we all know the problem our big riders go missing when it matters most surely he can see that without the head scratching.

Im sure he can but while most of this team wont wear the race jacket next year, we cant change anything and have to work with what weve got. This home defeat was coming, the alarm bells have sounded for a good while now. Its up to the manager to bring out the best in them whatever means possible though i dont want to hear any more about set ups, engine tuners etc, that was Augusts' excuses.

Has anyone thought of giving it a try WITHOUT this obsessional grading and packing of the track after heat ten which almost always seems to benefit the opposition?

• Like 3

but how many free tickets were give away

ill admit very poor croed at derwent park similar or more than glasgow were getting not to long ago

growds support the hype sooner or later the hype dies off and the free tickets stop

but how many free tickets were give away

ill admit very poor croed at derwent park similar or more than glasgow were getting not to long ago

growds support the hype sooner or later the hype dies off and the free tickets stop

The scheme we have been operating is only for new fans attending, E-Mails & phone numbers are provided and these tickets are only permitted to be used once, so taking this into account I would say only a small percentage are new fans any given week but most seem to enjoy the product on offer..

Crowds have been healthy at Glasgow all season and I notice a lot from the Shawfield days that had been lost so all the hard work our promotion have put in is paying dividends and I believe it is no longer hype but people seeing for themselves how things have changed for the better.

It is not a good scenario at Workington if as you say that is the crowd levels and we cant afford to lose any club I really do hope things improve down in Cumbria.

• Like 3