British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

I don't really have any issue with Kyle riding tonight - just not sure why Rosco waited til today to announce it?! He could have simply announced it last Monday when he chose Poole in the first place

If he had done that there would have been no issue. But BWD is back riding.

Perhaps another new rule should be brought in. If a double upper rides for his lower league club, but his premier club refuse to use him for whatever reason, they can only replace the rider with a 6 point NL rider.

Situation solved.

Yes he could, but Swindon would still be accused of cheating if it was a different rider coming in, the fact its Kyle has got everyone's hackles up, I was looking forward to tonight, but this stroke gets pulled by a team every year come play off time, tbh I couldn't care less who wins this now.

Agree with this. Rosco has ruined the tie for me but still be there supporting, just hope we can put up a good performance. One thing is for sure this wasn't BWD's decision!

Gavan you are too predictable.

If you think what has happened here is fair and OK, you are no better than the cheating Swindon Robins.

Even Swindon fans are embarrassed about this. And they should be.

You must have had some red faces over the years with embarrassment too.

Maybe he has. One things certain and that is he won't be getting his usual reception at Poole this evening. A shame.

Don't be too sure about that Steve

• Like 1

Maybe he has. One things certain and that is he won't be getting his usual reception at Poole this evening. A shame.

Surely, Poole fans aren't that shallow and realise the boy is just putting bread on the table?

Admittedly, it will be like a Hovis warehouse but 'he's one of your own' as the football fans like to sing these days.

• Like 2

Kyle Newman is self employed. He can ride for who he wants too. Clearly feels the booking is worth taking. He was sacked & missed matches so probably trying to make his income up.

• Like 5

​If dealing with sure things and facts....BWD called Rosco this morning to pull out

Agree with this. Rosco has ruined the tie for me but still be there supporting, just hope we can put up a good performance. One thing is for sure this wasn't BWD's decision!

• Like 1

I personally would never welcome Kyle back to this club again if he goes out and scores big points tonight. Would be unforgiveable.

Why?

Poole sacked the poor bloke and had no concern for his future.

Kyle gets a chance to guest and earn more money.

Kyle is the one who was wronged earlier in the season by Poole.

If he scores big against his former club and help put them out the play offs who fault will that be??

If Poole hadn't sacked him he couldn't guest!!

It will be nothing new if Poole fans turn on him tonight, they did exactly the same thing when he was struggling earlier in the season.

Kyle really steps it up in the play offs.

Don't blame the lad when you got rid of him in the first place.

• Like 6

Kyle would probably have been there anyway. There is no issue between Kyle and the club or vice-versa. However that may not be the same as regards some of Kyle's 'entourage' who may have burnt several bridges along the way, but I'm sure won't be worrying about it in the least.

Why do Poole fans expect undying loyalty from riders that they have voluntarily got rid of? Especially in Newman's circumstances where many Poole fans at the time said it was very harsh!

Has to make a living after all, why would he turn down a Guest booking?

• Like 1

I wanted Swindon to win purely because most had us down to for the wooden spoon at the start and certain Individuals said we were top through luck, I will still congratulate Poole if they win the tie, but don't care to engage in all the sad bickering, still think wolves will retain their title whoever comes out on top in this tie.

As I have said days ago Kyle will want to stick two fingers up to Matt Ford for sacking him and I don't blame him for that especially when the rider that replaced him is his opposite number. Most Poole fans know Kyle on form is a very good rider at Poole and he should have the beating of Starke.

I have said when Kyle was sacked it was a mistake and I stand by that opinion and another mistake was letting Kerr go, so you reap what you sow.

Matt Ford have made some dodgy moves in the past so it isn't surprising that some see it as karma.

Another thing in Newman's favour is conditions he won't care what the conditions are he will just give it everything as usual.

If he scores a hatful it won't go down well with the fans but if some think he won't try because it is against Poole I think you are mistaken.

• Like 1

This is hilarious reading certain posts from Poole fans blowing gaskets.

• Like 4

Why?

Poole sacked the poor bloke and had no concern for his future.

Kyle gets a chance to guest and earn more money.

Kyle is the one who was wronged earlier in the season by Poole.

If he scores big against his former club and help put them out the play offs who fault will that be??

If Poole hadn't sacked him he couldn't guest!!

It will be nothing new if Poole fans turn on him tonight, they did exactly the same thing when he was struggling earlier in the season.

Kyle really steps it up in the play offs.

Don't blame the lad when you got rid of him in the first place.

We made him. If it wasn't for us then he would've been another Simon Lambert.

Fans have paid him money down the years to sort out bike issues.

Hometown club. Us fans have supported him through thick and thin for years.

Forget about MF. Kyle would be slapping us fans in the face because we've all supported him for years.

Just as bad as Sol Campbell if he scores well tonight. No going back. Unforgiveable.