British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

Well done Swindon you really proved what a good team you are. I hope you go on to win it this year. (assuming Pirates dont pull it back in the second leg) A real solid unit all pulling together.

But let me say this.......and from an extremely reliable person who works at the stadium....

Lahti was back on his crappy old engine as opposed to what hes been riding the last couple of weeks...well it certainly showed...

The other issue is this.....(and unless this has already been brought up earlier in this thread of which I cant be ar2ed to go through & find out) and if true it certainly ought to be proved beyond doubt from a higher authority to settle the matter...Bradley Wilson Dean arrived at the stadium with his bikes ready to ride...only to be told by an official he wasnt allowed to as he wasnt in the official line up. WIlson Dean wanted to ride!!!! He wasnt even aware that he wasnt riding tonight. So whats going on here? I hope Rossiter will be able to clarify for me and many others. Did BWD arrive ready to ride or not? And if so why wasnt he informed?

Over to you...BSF chums!!

Gavan Pegg??! Who's he?

He posted on the Swindon Facebook page at 1.30pm to say he was unable to ride. So you are wrong.

• Like 2

I don't know whats happened to Jack, he has ridden so much better at home in the past.

Wheres Gavan, i see Orion is doing the night shift on here..

You keep telling that prat Gavan to stay off Poole threads.

Now you're goading him back on here ? Jeez..

#trollvirgin

You keep telling that prat Gavan to stay off Poole threads.

Now you're goading him back on here ? Jeez..

#trollvirgin

Surely that should be #virgintroll ?

A #trollvirgin would be someone who had never trolled?

• Like 1

Was it a 'source'? 🤔

Well, not sure why he would do that when, he himself posted on Facebook in to the Swindon Robins Supporters page some 16 hours earlier to say he wasn't riding giving clear reasons why.

Rosco has advised his conscience is clear. I posted a link from the Evening Advertiser just prior to your post.

Looks a line can be drawn under that particular aspect.

Edit: I missed grachan's post. A late night/early start.

Edited by theblueboy

Was it a 'source'?

Well, not sure why he would do that when, he himself posted on Facebook in to the Swindon Robins Supporters page some 16 hours earlier to say he wasn't riding giving clear reasons why.

Rosco has advised his conscience is clear. I posted a link from the Evening Advertiser just prior to your post.

Was it a 'source'?

It has to be, quite possibly, the worst conspiracy theory ever concocted.

Coming up with the idea that Bradley turned up without knowing he wasn't riding when he had already posted the fact himself just goes to show how lies can be spread on social media and become 'truths'.

I guess someone dreamed it up after seeing he was there when they showed him on the telly!

With all the fuss about this, it's a shame BY didn't interview him and get his own side of things.

The truth is, he pulled out of taking an extra ride at Peterborough as he was unfit and would have been needed for extra rides at Poole. With all the bumps on the Poole track last night he clearly made the right decision.

Great meeting last night for the first half, although the racing wasn't quite so good in the latter races.

Good for Swindon to get a win, but they did chuck it away a bit at the end. Nice to see Bellego riding well, although he has ridden better.

Race of the night was Ellis off 15m.

• Like 6

A really poor year for the Pirates i expected a home win last night but they still come up short.MF this year has had a knightmare expected to much of Klintd and for me put to much trust in K.K and Andersen.A catalogue of mistakes this year treated Newman harshly made changes in Zengota,Kerr,Starke,Kennett,none of them really worked.Next season if they have Woryna, Kurtz,Holder,Shanes they have something to work on a youthful looking line up.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Whilst the track was patchy and as the riders stated unpredictable it made for a very good meeting, I really enjoyed that with both teams going for it and a bit of needle thrown into the mix. Poole had a bit of bad luck early doors when they could easily have been eight points up but came back well in the last two heats. I don't think the second leg is as cut and dried and some seem to think, Poole have gone well at Blunsdon in the past and I think they will give it a good go.

As a speedway supporter, I thorough enjoyed the meeting. THought Poole battled well to keep it close in the end, but Swindon will go home far happier of the two.

In meetings like these, the pressure is what makes the difference. Many mistakes were made, the Riders , the Ref, Team Managers were all guilty at some time , Non more so than the commentators. God, some of the rubbish Tatum spout is unreal, but it all added to the occasion.

The track was disappointing. It lost all its appeal, after what started out with some good races, After the first set of heats there was only one racing line and all passing was done by the 2nd bend.

All in all a good meeting, fitting of the occasion.

Cant help thinking, the hill Poole have to climb, will be a bit too steep...

The people who boo-ed Kyle Newman are not real Pirates fans. The guy is 100% genuine and anyone who thought he either would or should give less than his best against us simply do not know him. Great work by the team - 2 points is not insurmountable - watch this space

agree they seemingly forgot that matt sacked him shameful

• Like 2

He didn't help his cause fist pumping the Swindon supporters on the third bend. Did the job Poole fans knew he would do though, scoring more the BWD would have picked up.

What's wrong with a rider celebrating a win. Nothing, he's entitled to do so. His interview during the break was interesting, said he needed more time on the bike. Was there to score points for Swindon & that was it. Again, he's self employed so it's perfectly acceptable. Should have have more points but looked slow in his first ride & made a few mistakes due to the 3/4 bend catching him out.

It wasn't Newman which won the match for Swindon, it was Poole's own riders losing it for them. Lathi done what most said, struggle in the top 5 as he did previously,

He didn't help his cause fist pumping the Swindon supporters on the third bend. Did the job Poole fans knew he would do though, scoring more the BWD would have picked up.

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 2

The other issue is this.....(and unless this has already been brought up earlier in this thread of which I cant be ar2ed to go through & find out) and if true it certainly ought to be proved beyond doubt from a higher authority to settle the matter...Bradley Wilson Dean arrived at the stadium with his bikes ready to ride...only to be told by an official he wasnt allowed to as he wasnt in the official line up. WIlson Dean wanted to ride!!!! He wasnt even aware that he wasnt riding tonight. So whats going on here? I hope Rossiter will be able to clarify for me and many others. Did BWD arrive ready to ride or not? And if so why wasnt he informed?

Over to you...BSF chums!!

Gavan Pegg??! Who's he?

I'm afraid you have been listening to Shovlar too much.He likes to tell a story or two just to get the BSF in overdrive.

Race of the night was Ellis off 15m.

Credit to Kyle though for slowing the race up.

Whilst the track was patchy and as the riders stated unpredictable it made for a very good meeting, I really enjoyed that with both teams going for it and a bit of needle thrown into the mix. Poole had a bit of bad luck early doors when they could easily have been eight points up but came back well in the last two heats. I don't think the second leg is as cut and dried and some seem to think, Poole have gone well at Blunsdon in the past and I think they will give it a good go.

Not to suggest anything untoward ;) but the last two heats have kept it interesting for BT and may put a few more on the gate for the second leg.

Realistically a Robins win by 16/20 in two weeks time.

• Like 2

What do you mean help his cause???

Kyle Newman was riding for a team last night and it wasnt Poole

Kyle Newman is not a Poole rider

He is fully entitled to celebrate with the team he is riding for.

And you think he scored more than BWD would have done?

Kyle Newman last night 8+1 from 5 from reserve

BWD at Poole last time 6+1 from a heat leader position. On that basis BWD would have scored better, certainly no worse.

Newman didnt win the match fro Swindon in any shape or form, the Poole team just isnt good enough, Jack Holder needs to be got rid off , moans more than his brother!!

• Like 3