British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Swindon Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/17

I don't recall Adam saying anything negative against Poole?

No but he wasnt dropped mid season and he realised it was not personal just about averages.

Enough already!

Pages of crap already on this thread. Jesus wept.

oh the irony.

have a little word with Starman and Gater1 then

If Swindon use Mitch Davey as their reserve surely this means they only have one British rider in their team.

well spotted where do we go from here then ?

10 race point deduction so they can start on -10 on Monday :D

Ellis and BWD/ guest, i make that 2?!

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

10 race point deduction so they can start on -10 on Monday :D

Ellis and BWD/ guest, i make that 2?!

BWD got two meetings before monday could be injured then kyle waiting in the wings !!!

If Swindon use Mitch Davey as their reserve surely this means they only have one British rider in their team.

Stirring again I see!

Morra, Ellis both count (and possibly BWD for coming through the conference league) but regardless of that it has to be in your declared 1-7 (and Zach is still our #7)

Try fishing elsewhere! :wink:

• Like 2

Stirring again I see!

Morra, Ellis both count (and possibly BWD for coming through the conference league) but regardless of that it has to be in your declared 1-7 (and Zach is still our #7)

Try fishing elsewhere! :wink:

How does Morris count? Can't be Aussie one min and British the next!

Not that one again!!

What is the rule that says you need British riders? I thought it said riders coming through the conference league. So Nick Morris and Bradley Wilson Dean also count.

Anyway, a guest takes on the position of the rider he is replacing so it counts as a British rider as he hasn't replaced Zach in the side.

And you all know it, you naughty Pirates.

• Like 1

The actual rule states "at least 2 riders who have competed in or are eligible to ride in the National League (Conference League)". People seem to abbreviate this to mean "British".

As Morris rode for Buxton, he meets this criteria.

• Like 1

What is the rule that says you need British riders? I thought it said riders coming through the conference league. So Nick Morris and Bradley Wilson Dean also count.

Anyway, a guest takes on the position of the rider he is replacing so it counts as a British rider as he hasn't replaced Zach in the side.

And you all know it, you naughty Pirates.

Obviously some of the Poole fans are panicking.

Really looking forward to Monday. Being the underdogs takes the pressure completely away. Remember a couple of years ago when we were the favourites and the pressure was intense. This time around there isn't any at all and the lads can go into the meeting with no expectations or weight on their shoulders.

Will the burden be too much for this Swindon team who have been thumped quite heavily twice in a row? And in the last meeting Wolves took their foot off the gas.

All pressure will be on the Robins. Pirates can go for it free from the extra strain of what being favourites means.

Lets send those Swindon fans back to Wiltshire worrying about how they are going to pull back a decent Poole lead.