British Speedway Forum
Theboss

In My View By Phil Rising

PHILIPRISING, on 15 Sept 2017 - 8:12 PM, said:snapback.png

I suspect this might have been a NL promoter of long standing who looks after his own business pretty well. He may also have had his head in the sand....I must admit I do believe the MAJOR issues with the sport are higher up the chain, which understandably affects more people.

WRONG I'm afraid ... someone much higher up the ladder.

Bspa dont give a toss about the championship , they are happy to dance to the tune of the 3 top riders who want a single race night for their own benefit , and any collateral damage to the sport as a whole is just tough , as long as the " top riders " are happy , then damn the consequences ..

I KEEP telling you until I am blue in the face that it is some promoters who are championing the fixed race nights.

But hopefully there won't be any anyway so it won't be a problem. I've got a better idea each track keep their current selected race night if they wish but get someone in who understands how to arrange the fixtures to avoid clashes between the Premiership and Championship. Rain-offs apart this shouldn't be that difficult ~ I bet SCB could do it. If riders want to be in Poland or SEC meetings etc., then don't bother employing them to ride in the UK. I'd be quite happy with a 'lower standard' as long as some thought is given to how the races are sorted out so that riders of a roughly equal standard meet each other.

SCB if he could afford the pay cut would probably be a good shout as an independent chairman of the BSPA and a one man management committee.

He'd upset a few of the old guard. But at least he has ideas on how to avoid fixture clashes etc

Probably need sectioning by the end of the season

• Like 2

ok so its "Some promoters " those who wish to secure the services of big names regardless of cost no doubt , or those who wish to do the bidding of their big name riders .. I would not be one bit surprised if the "Some promoters " are ones who already race on the chosen night or have no problem using their stadium on the chosen night ,

So in that case it shouldnt be difficult, Poole can race on Mondays, Wolves race on Mondays, BV i understand can race any night, KL i think can race most nights Swindon race on Thursdays, the following i wouldnt consider to be "Much" higher up the ladder, Leicester any night, Somerset Not sure about, RH again not sure about. So i would hazard a guess its one from four that the conversation was with, discounting BV as they are a new promotion.

So it's now turned into a witch hunt of rumours and Chinese whispers. Often resulting in tarnishing innocent parties as the process of elimination, guessing and assumption gathers pace. PR declined to name names for the reason stated, which in my opinion should be respected.

So it's now turned into a witch hunt of rumours and Chinese whispers. Often resulting in tarnishing innocent parties as the process of elimination, guessing and assumption gathers pace. PR declined to name names for the reason stated, which in my opinion should be respected.

it doesn't matter who it was , it matters that there are people in the bspa who seem to be completely oblivious to the current state of speedway in Britain and think staying as we are with a couple of tweeks to the rules and days is going to see the sport survive, talk to the fans ,listen what they have to say , some of it may be crap but there is a genuine fear on the terraces that speedway is dying and we are close to the end , from asking fans and riders it seems to me the riders want one thing and the fans want another but the bspa are taking the riders side and that is going to end one way and we are already in the depths of that way

• Like 7

I really think that it has got to a situation if things don't change radically regarding fixture planning and doubling up,die hard fans who are really cheesed off this season will finally say enough is enough and not bother turning up next season for the sake of it.Some of the smaller clubs really put a lot of effort in but are p#ssing against the wind IMO .

• Like 7

They're going fixed race nights so no clashes...

that does nothing for identity and credibility, doubling up has to be scrapped
  • Like 7

Rider for hire nights to continue in British Speedway for 2018, great carry on believing everything is hunky dory, but believe me many fans have had enough.

• Like 9

Couldn't care about doubling up long as teams have consistent 1-7. Guests and R/R is the biggest issue not necessarily that riders ride for more than one club. Mon-Thurs race night will stop most if not all of that. I see that Lakeside want to move back up next year.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

Lakeside looking to return to top flight next season according to Jon Cook interview in SS this week. He has asked to attend the pre- AGM (as an observer) to get the final league structure, fixed nights and points limits before discussing first with his Arena Essex Raceway landlords and then the BSPA.

No chance

I know🙁 I cant see a way back until we finish the sport in Britain while we have the current mind set , only then will people realise what a stupid mistake they have been making , if we can't get the basic principles right of team sport what chance do we have Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 3

Surely this 'doubling up' is rider led?

They want the extra rides....sighting they can't make a decent living without it?