British Speedway Forum
Theboss

In My View By Phil Rising

Hopefully there is also agreement over race night priority.

I dont think a club having to move night to be in a particular league should further lose out.

Eg Redcar stay in tier 2 and cant remain on a Thursday. Whatever the new night they chose I think there shouldnt be a pecking order and instead an equal share priority be in place.

Poland and Sweden don't use guests.....

Therefore there is an alternative to having guests...

Why don't Poland and Sweden use guests?

Because all teams in the same League ride (in the main) on the same night, so riders cannot be in two places at the same time...

We have had guest riders for quite many years, since 2011 I think (don't remember exact year) but it worked more like you doubling up I think.

A Swedish rider could sign with an Allsvenskan team and also sign with an Elitserien team as a guest riders. Each Elitserien team had

two season permanent guest rider positions (riders could be changed in transfer window or because of injury).

Allsvenskan team can also sign Elitserien riders as guest riders and this was mainly used for riders that have an Elitserien average of 0.500 since they don't occupy a squad slot.

However, guestriders for Elitserien have been scrapped for next year and have been changed for Allsvenskan where there now is no limit

on the amount of guestriders but the squad still can be max 8 riders and they guestriders still needs to be Elitserien riders.

• Like 1

I know the Swedish system GW and as you say it's more like our DU system...

(But with structure)!

I think it was brought in to give the top Swedish lads more meetings and give the second tier a chance to have these riders riding at their tracks, as well as cover the dwindling amount of Swedish riders available..

What it doesn't allow is for one team in the same League to borrow a rider from another team..

Sadly that is the farce in Britain...

Sign Jason Doyle and effectively you have access to every rider in the League and can cherry pick them on a 'horses for courses' basis when he is absent...

Every Premiership team riding in the same night will prevent this, and should mean DU'ing becomes a positive in so much that teams will be competitive, riders will get plenty of meetings, and no fixture clashes between the two leagues means more credibilty as each DU rider can ride for his team(s) every meeting....

Having said that, I still believe in Santa Clause, The Tooth Fairy and The Easter Bunny so who knows...😦

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

I know the Swedish system GW and as you say it's more like our DU system...

(But with structure)!

I think it was brought in to give the top Swedish lads more meetings and give the second tier a chance to have these riders riding at their tracks, as well as cover the dwindling amount of Swedish riders available..

What it doesn't allow is for one team in the same League to borrow a rider from another team..

Sadly that is the farce in Britain...

Sign Jason Doyle and effectively you have access to every rider in the League and can cherry pick them on a 'horses for courses' basis when he is absent...

Every Premiership team riding in the same night will prevent this, and should mean DU'ing becomes a positive in so much that teams will be competitive, riders will get plenty of meetings, and no fixture clashes between the two leagues means more credibilty as each DU rider can ride for his team(s) every meeting....

Having said that, I still believe in Santa Clause, The Tooth Fairy and The Easter Bunny so who knows...

'Every Premiership team' wont be riding on the same night.

'Every Premiership team' wont be riding on the same night.

Surely that's one of the two main reason to have fixed race nights, bring some big hitters back and gain the Sport some credibility in team selections.. ..?

Monday (if ten teams), five matches...

Then on the Thursday the reverse fixture...

Like the play offs show, a return match soon after a meeting can also bring a bit of 'needle' which can only be good for the Sport..

No point bothering with fixed nights if you still will end up with 'guestfest' after 'guestfest'...

The danger is if still 'guestfest' after 'guestfest' takes place, the Sport will still end up having no credibility but now on potentially no credibility on untried nights for many teams where they try and attract a crowd base...

You might as well stick to racing on nights you feel you can attract the best crowd if that's the case..

Surely that's one of the two main reason to have fixed race nights, bring some big hitters back and gain the Sport some credibility in team selections.. ..?

Monday (if ten teams), five matches...

Then on the Thursday the reverse fixture...

Like the play offs show, a return match soon after a meeting can also bring a bit of 'needle' which can only be good for the Sport..

No point bothering with fixed nights if you still will end up with 'guestfest' after 'guestfest'...

The danger is if still 'guestfest' after 'guestfest' takes place, the Sport will still end up having no credibility but now on potentially no credibility on untried nights for many teams where they try and attract a crowd base...

You might as well stick to racing on nights you feel you can attract the best crowd if that's the case..

I don't think it works like that, some teams wont want both nights and there wont be that many fixtures to do it as you suggest.

• Like 3

I don't want any more Tracks to close.

yet you're happy to keep away from speedway because of the tactical rule

• Like 1

yet you're happy to keep away from speedway because of the tactical rule

Don't be silly - of course I am not happy. What a bloody stupid question.

I have explained numerous times why I don't go - I will not go to Speedway to get myself angry and upset. You might think that is daft, reading your Post, you probably do.

I will say this yet again - remove the Tactical Ride and I will return, there are more folk than just me think it is a pathetic Rule but do the Promoters listen? Do they listen to Supporter's Views on Doubling Up which I don't like either, but would not stop me attending?

The simple answer is - no they don't. Stupid Rules make a great Sport stupid. If Speedway is to go down the pan - it is on their heads, not mine.

I hope that makes my position clear - and answered your ridiculous statement/question.

EDIT: I maintain my interest in the Sport purely in the hope the day will come that Double Points is scrapped.

Edited by The White Knight

If Speedway is to go down the pan - it is on their heads, not mine.

if speedway goes down the pan, it's because people are keeping away

There is a KoCup match at Newcy tonight TWK and no tacticals allowed......

There is a KoCup match at Newcy tonight TWK and no tacticals allowed......

I will not be there. Monday Night is bad for me.

Newcastle's normal day is a Sunday which suits me fine.

To be totally honest, I would not have gone anyway as I have made, what I consider to be, a principled stand of not returning to Speedway until Double Points is gone.

Then the Promoters should ask themselves - WHY?

What a shame Ole Olsen's Flying Circus caused British Speedway to lose thousands of spectators when they took Saturday night racing off our calendar

Think of the "major" clubs which rode on Saturdays - Belle Vue, Coventry, Cradley Heath, Kings Lynn, Swindon, Wembley, etc

No concerns about youngsters being out late before a schoolday

Thanks, Great Pain

Don't forget Rye House etc have there crowds stay the same ?

Yet these are the people that are ignored, it is not their fault they are staying away it is the promoters fault, give a credible sport to support and some might come back, however some are lost forever

not the supporters fault but the promoters for the mess they have got speedway into

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 3

That should be the priority in the decision-making

I don't think it works like that, some teams wont want both nights and there wont be that many fixtures to do it as you suggest.

The fans won't either - they want stability, to know which their speedway night is

Not Monday one week, Thursday the next two, then back to Monday

(Especially if they're used to going on a Wednesday!!!)

• Like 1

Tune in to BT sport tonight to see all that is wrong. A promotion/relegation meeting which could end up seeing both sides in the top flight next season while Lakeside could end up promoting theirselves . Three Ipswich riders riding for Leicester who will be riding for Ipswich against Sheffield later this week. Scott Nicholls guesting for Sheffield tonight before guesting for Wolverhampton later this week before guesting for Sheffield again later against Ipswich. Complete and utter madness!

• Like 7