British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Workington C1 10/9/17

TBF, you suggested that Workington had no issue. You made the accusation, not me ;)

I'm pretty sure its ineptitude rather than any cheating or colluding tbh. Theres only a handful of promoters/managers who are clever enough to cheat.

I made no accusation, I merely pointed out that the Workington management didn't have an issue with the situation. Your obsession with this issue is leading to immoderate language that isn't your usual style - stand back and accept that the facility was quite legitimate and all parties on Sunday acted correctly. Why the facility was granted is a different issue.

• Like 7

I made no accusation, I merely pointed out that the Workington management didn't have an issue with the situation. Your obsession with this issue is leading to immoderate language that isn't your usual style - stand back and accept that the facility was quite legitimate and all parties on Sunday acted correctly. Why the facility was granted is a different issue.

Surely "the Facility was quite legitimate" and " why the Facility was granted" must bring into question the legitimacy of the facility ??

Surely "the Facility was quite legitimate" and " why the Facility was granted" must bring into question the legitimacy of the facility ??

Not at all. The facility was valid, but SCB is anxious to know why. Substitute 'on what basis was the facility granted' for 'why was the facility granted' if that assists.

Edited by NeilWatson

Not at all. The facility was valid, but SCB is anxious to know why. Substitute 'on what basis was the facility granted' for 'why was the facility granted' if that assists.

Why have a rule in the rule book about longtrack( and some longtrack are infact grasstracks) and then not adhere to this rule ??

is on FIM Longtrack Championship duty (for the day of the Meeting only; no facility

is permitted for practice day).

If it included longtrack qualifying, longtrack team,longtrack open meetings- then it would say so. it doesn`t say a rider can`t be absent because he`s taking part in one of these- it`s just that the team have to take the consequences of no facility.

Sorry, it was meant to be a jokey comment. I thought you knew by now to take a lot of my comments are me being sarcy/facetious

The facility was NOT legitimate. If it was, provide the rule that allows it.

Pretty sure they used 16.5.1 D- i posted it on the Chris Harris ban thread.

The ISLB, as it's name suggests, deals only with speedway meetings so that rule has no relevance.

There appears to be a Panthers witch hunt since the Holder situation

No. Don't feel hard done by. For my part, I just want clarity. If something is done that is clearly going to cause controversy, is it not simpler to communicate that it is happening, why it is happening and what rules are in place to cover the situation?

Either that, or you have to accept the conspiracy theories, speculation and general anger from the paying public (of which I was one).

The ISLB, as it's name suggests, deals only with speedway meetings so that rule has no relevance.

For many years i have been flagging up these longtrack incorrect facilities so i very much agree with you- however i think that is the rule they have used.

For many years i have been flagging up these longtrack incorrect facilities so i very much agree with you- however i think that is the rule they have used.

How can you use a rule that isn't relevant?

The simple answer is, they haven't used a rule. It's not allowed.

worky never have an issue with anything,we're the go with the flow club,if you'd booked wofinden as cover for Harris they wouldn't have objected
  • Like 1

harris is a far better rider than the british aussie . more down to earth and a happy chap ALL the time .scruffy wuffy still has not grown up yet and the sooner he move back to stralia , the better for us all .

harris wins hands down all the time for me . riding for or against us , he is still entertainment ..

harris is a far better rider than the british aussie . more down to earth and a happy chap ALL the time .scruffy wuffy still has not grown up yet and the sooner he move back to stralia , the better for us all .

harris wins hands down all the time for me . riding for or against us , he is still entertainment ..

Two world titles compared to never even close to one suggests Chris Harris is not a better rider. Harris is entertainment, yes, I really like watching him racing. But as good as Woffinden? Not even close.