British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Workington C1 10/9/17

I and a lot of others are not saying that just that the ACU/SCB decreed Harris rode at the British Masters and Peterborough got a facility.

I have no idea how the authorities came to this decision or who actually made it but seemingly the authorities sanctioned it.

Let's be honest our rules are complete $hyte anyway and are only ever taken as a rough guide.

Probably the reason Peterborough fans defend their club so much is more down to the continued flack and grief given to them by a select few fans from other clubs and of course the BSPA MC.

I am more than happy to accept what SCB said regarding the rules as he generally understands them better than most officials and promoters anyway.

Referee yesterday was Peter Clarke incidentally.

Let's not forget the Workington promotion who were clearly happy with the facility too.

Given that the meeting and the result did not really matter anyway evidenced by the poor crowd nobody other than SCB who seems to have seized the bone and won't let go really cares anyway.

• Like 2

Given that the meeting and the result did not really matter anyway evidenced by the poor crowd nobody other than SCB who seems to have seized the bone and won't let go really cares anyway.

I'm sure that the Workington promotion weren't too fussed about it that's for sure. Probably just glad to get it out of the way and get home. I thought that you'd be well up for not setting a precedent outside of the rules if that's the case. Isn't SCB just saying that you either have rules or you don't and what do you get time off for next? A nice roast that took longer than expected? I am long past caring this season though Rodders as you allude to.

Edited by Crump99

Because (s)he got it wrong? Imagine that!

So far nobody has actually pointed to a rule that says I'm wrong. I've posted rules that says Peterborough (and the referee) are wrong. Weird that.

we all know the rules wrote in speedway arnt the ones the sport follows

• Like 2

My first visit for a good few years, I think last time was when Sam knocked David Howe off (in my opinion) I remember watching from the grass area on the first bend and can remember a fair few people watching from there. There was proberly half a dozen folk there yesterday. Racing wasn't as good as I remember it on previous visits but the weather didn't help matters. The speed was scary though

• Like 1

I'm sure that the Workington promotion weren't too fussed about it that's for sure. Probably just glad to get it out of the way and get home. I thought that you'd be well up for not setting a precedent outside of the rules if that's the case. Isn't SCB just saying that you either have rules or you don't and what do you get time off for next? A nice roast that took longer than expected? I am long pst caring this season though Rodders as you allude to.

He is probably right but how many times does the point need making. Of course it could be that SCB thought of the spectators for once.

• Like 1

Let's not forget the Workington promotion who were clearly happy with the facility too.

Lets not forget the rules actually state that the two clubs cannot agree to ignore the rules when it suits. So if this was wrong (and Ive yet to be convinced it wasn't) what we have here is an incompetent referee and two dodgy clubs managements.

But hey, it's ok. Speedway is a joke not take serious by the media. So nobody will know and it doesn't matter. Next week people defending this farce will be asking "why doesn't speedway get the media attention it deserves" but are happy to sweep this collusion and rule breaking under the carpet because it suits.

WE HAVE TO STOP BREAKING THE RULES AND JUST SHRUGGING IF THE SPORT IS EVER TO BE TAKEN SERIOUS!

Absolutely spot on SCB:

This whole thing is just typical of speedway fans. Thread of thread of bleating about the sport not being taken seriously because rules aren't followed etc, then a clear case of rules being broken and they think nothing is wrong.

He is probably right but how many times does the point need making. Of course it could be that SCB thought of the spectators for once.

How many times?

Endlessly, until the sport wakes up and operates in a professional manner.

Lets not forget the rules actually state that the two clubs cannot agree to ignore the rules when it suits. So if this was wrong (and Ive yet to be convinced it wasn't) what we have here is an incompetent referee and two dodgy clubs managements.

But hey, it's ok. Speedway is a joke not take serious by the media. So nobody will know and it doesn't matter. Next week people defending this farce will be asking "why doesn't speedway get the media attention it deserves" but are happy to sweep this collusion and rule breaking under the carpet because it suits.

WE HAVE TO STOP BREAKING THE RULES AND JUST SHRUGGING IF THE SPORT IS EVER TO BE TAKEN SERIOUS!

Trouble is until the sport does a rewrite and produces a straightforward and easy to follow rulebook this crap will just keep happening.

My only information is this was an ACU/SCB decision and the clubs had no say or involvement on the decision at all.

Perhaps the answer is to email Neil Vatcher at SCB Co-ordinator, let us know if he replies.

Email: neil@scbgb.co.uk

• Like 1

What a load of rubbish over nothing!!! I doubt any Panthers supporter gives a monkeys as the meeting was totally meaningless . Any blame if there is blame is at the feet at those who sanctioned R/R certainly not Harris or Peterborough. Is anybody seriously of the opinion that having been given the facility Panthers should not have used it?

It's fans like you that are as big a part of the problem as the promoters themselves.

Indeed, "What a load of rubbish over nothing!" Who cares if it's against the rules, the fans don't, so let's just do as we please.

Trouble is until the sport does a rewrite and produces a straightforward and easy to follow rulebook this crap will just keep happening.

The rule is straight forward and easy to follow.

The ACU/SCB are irrelevant. They may have told Harris he had to race in the grasstrack meeting, that is fine. The relevant rules must then be followed with regards to his replacement.

Edited by BWitcher

My only information is this was an ACU/SCB decision and the clubs had no say or involvement on the decision at all.

Perhaps the answer is to email Neil Vatcher at SCB Co-ordinator, let us know if he replies.

Email: neil@scbgb.co.uk

But what is the point of a straightforward rule book if one of the simpler and more straight forward rules is ignored? Sometimes I agree the rules are a bit "chaotic" and can be read many ways (see the Redcar vs Glasgow, was a result guaranteed thing) but in this case there is simply no way at all, whatsoever, way that Peterborough should have been allowed a facility. Even more so after Newcastle were told they couldn't have one for Robert Lambert last week who was actually racing speedway, not some other sport.

How about we start using the rulebook we have no properly (even if it is pants in a lot of places).

I probably will take your advise and email Neil, about a few things actually.

Incompetent referee, dodgy management - they're big accusations to make. When a facility is given (and I have no details of the circumstances surrounding that), the referee and both team managers will be advised and will check the validity of the teams taking that into account.

By all means try to ascertain who allowed the facility and why, but aim your criticism in the right direction.

• Like 2

What about your management when they let holder ride in Poland instead of the fours? Not adhering to the to the event rules. Were they being dodgy then? Or is he suspended for no reason at all??

Edited by baldyman

What about your management when they let holder ride in Poland instead of the fours? Not adhering to the to the event rules. Were they being dodgy then? Or is he suspended for no reason at all??

It's complicated apparently, clearly not everything known is in the public domain, whether it does at a later stage remains to be seen.

For what it's worth I didn't agree with his decision as didn't a lot of other Panthers supporters but at the end the of the day it was a management decision and they will have to deal with the consequences.

Edited by bigcatdiary

Incompetent referee, dodgy management - they're big accusations to make. When a facility is given (and I have no details of the circumstances surrounding that), the referee and both team managers will be advised and will check the validity of the teams taking that into account.

By all means try to ascertain who allowed the facility and why, but aim your criticism in the right direction.

TBF, you suggested that Workington had no issue. You made the accusation, not me ;)

I'm pretty sure its ineptitude rather than any cheating or colluding tbh. Theres only a handful of promoters/managers who are clever enough to cheat.