British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Nss, 27/9/17... Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg.

Its definitely not in Kenneth's hands! Either way he choose's he could get a ban, up to the authorities to sort it out.

I see now that he will have to do what he is told. I didn't know that this DMU had such authority but, in fairness, he has to do what is best for him in the long term. Equally I am not sure the answer is for us to refuse to ride. Lets hope that the DMU do accept that he has no chance of winning this competition so they will release him to ride for us. I am not holding my breathe.

If it rains and the SEC is called off again could we have RR for Bjerre instead of a junior guest like Newcastle did for Lambert?

Now I know we're talking about the BSPA here but surely they can not afford a big play off semi final on TV to go ahead with 1 team having a 4 pointer at number 1. This would be so damaging for British speedway.

• Like 1

If it rains and the SEC is called off again could we have RR for Bjerre instead of a junior guest like Newcastle did for Lambert?

No, because he would still be missing without a valid (per the rules) reason.

Now I know we're talking about the BSPA here but surely they can not afford a big play off semi final on TV to go ahead with 1 team having a 4 pointer at number 1. This would be so damaging for British speedway.

You could say that's the gamble you take signing riders who are in these events.

Wasn't Thorssell meant to be in the SEC, or an SEC qualifier and he withdrew because it clashed with a Wolves fixture and he decided his club comes first?

Part of me does agree with what you say though and that in this instance a facility should be allowed BUT the other part of me is thinking that is exactly the problem the sport has, ignoring rules as and when it chooses.

I was going to say that " you couldn't make it up" - but there is no need to as it seems to be unravelling before our very eyes.

I agree. It's still classed as a recognised international fixture (although not by the BSPA) and he will be damned if he does of if he doesn't.

Wolves fans won't be rubbing their hands with glee in the slightest. To be the best you want to beat the best. Taking out the Aces (stats will show they are the favourites) at full strength would set us up for the toughest challenge of beating the leagues top team in the final.

This season hasn't been a waste of time at all. Only if you haven't had a good season maybe however.

Belle vue have had a very good season but even I can see this season has been a farce. More guests and r/r than ever before, the holder and bachelor situations. Monday could be and most probably would be the end for BT sport if the have to try an explain a 4 pointer at number 1.

Personally if I was the BSPA id ask wolves to allow BV to use r/r without bjerre being banned.

No, because he would still be missing without a valid (per the rules) reason.

You could say that's the gamble you take signing riders who are in these events.

Wasn't Thorssell meant to be in the SEC, or an SEC qualifier and he withdrew because it clashed with a Wolves fixture and he decided his club comes first?

Part of me does agree with what you say though and that in this instance a facility should be allowed BUT the other part of me is thinking that is exactly the problem the sport has, ignoring rules as and when it chooses.

It may be that Bjerre would put his club first but he hasn't got that option if the DMU ban him for doing so. We shall just have to wait and see what the authorities decide.

On the wolves official site, no mention of the Bjerre situation. Just says Shuttle worth in for Smith.

Personally, and I guess there'll be fellow Wolfs who disagree, I'd let BV have a guest or RR as they please if Bjerre can't ride. But as has been mentioned above that would drive a coach and horses through the 'rules', such as they are.

That would make a pleasant change from the 'win at all costs' mob.

Personally, and I guess there'll be fellow Wolfs who disagree, I'd let BV have a guest or RR as they please if Bjerre can't ride. But as has been mentioned above that would drive a coach and horses through the 'rules', such as they are.

That would make a pleasant change from the 'win at all costs' mob.

I'd let them have R/R but not a Guest.

This situation is farcical really but I can't see how Bjerre can get out of this situation and ride for Belle Vue, he agreed to ride in the SEC before signing for them.

I still don't understand why the BSPA hasn't recognised the SEC as a competition. Would provide an excellent stepping stone for the likes of Lambert before challenging for the GPs. Instead, it's full of young Poles which will hurt us in the long term, there's no reason there couldn't be a few Brits involved and the NSS could even host one of their rounds.

This situation is farcical really but I can't see how Bjerre can get out of this situation and ride for Belle Vue, he agreed to ride in the SEC before signing for them.

I still don't understand why the BSPA hasn't recognised the SEC as a competition. Would provide an excellent stepping stone for the likes of Lambert before challenging for the GPs. Instead, it's full of young Poles which will hurt us in the long term, there's no reason there couldn't be a few Brits involved and the NSS could even host one of their rounds.

I'm not sure of your reasoning for r/r but not a guest. He's our number 1 so when a facility is available we could use either. However, the reality is that there is nobody available tomorrow who would remotely cover for him at the NSS, so r/r would be our best option. Edited by Aces51

and if the bspa had recognised the SEC and let cook and worrall ride in it then belle vue wouldn't of had a team for tomorrow

and if the bspa had recognised the SEC and let cook and worrall ride in it then belle vue wouldn't of had a team for tomorrow

Maybe the SEC wouldn't have rescheduled it for the night of our playoffs? As it stands, they have no incentive to accomodate us.

Bspa could put the squeeze on riders entering the sec. ride in the sec, and a round clashes with a league meeting, is a 28 day ban. Make riders think twice about entering this two bit tournament.