British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Nss, 27/9/17... Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg.

If Bjerre chooses to ride in the re-arranged SEC meeting tomorrow, or is instructed to, I don`t see any way that Belle Vue can get any facility other than a 4pt rider in Bjerre`s place as the BSPA don`t recognise these meetings.

On the Wolves website's preview of the match tomorrow, they have got Kenny Bjerre riding at No 1, so must have inside info as to what he is doing tomorrow at Belle Vue.

Bspa could put the squeeze on riders entering the sec. ride in the sec, and a round clashes with a league meeting, is a 28 day ban. Make riders think twice about entering this two bit tournament.

better still recognise the tournament
  • Like 1

We can always use the Poole precedent and postpone the meeting now on the basis that it wouldn't be fair on the paying public to expect them to pay to watch an understrength team. That would put the cat amongst the pigeons. :lol:

• Like 3

Or maybe Manchester weather will save you, don't think anyone would blame BV if they got the hose pipe out this time!

Bspa could put the squeeze on riders entering the sec. ride in the sec, and a round clashes with a league meeting, is a 28 day ban. Make riders think twice about entering this two bit tournament.

'two bit tournament' ? I think the speedway authorities in other countries believe that to be the SGB Premiership - or indeed any competition on our shores.

• Like 1

Is this another farce in the offering to the paying public.

I was hoping I would "grow back into speedway", but has each season has gone on it seems to have got worse. I love the GPs, I went to the new BV for the WTC, but really I have no burning desire to spend my hard earned pension on 2nd rate organisation (thats not blaming the riders)

• Like 1

Or maybe Manchester weather will save you, don't think anyone would blame BV if they got the hose pipe out this time!

We don't need that anymore. Using the newly imposed Chapman criteria I gather it's now acceptable to have a wind off. Just need to trawl through every forecast to find one that forecasts anything stronger than a mild breeze.

Other than that apparently a blown fuse will do.

Edited by Aces51

Maybe the SEC wouldn't have rescheduled it for the night of our playoffs? As it stands, they have no incentive to accomodate us.

yes they would,

Belle vue have had a very good season but even I can see this season has been a farce. More guests and r/r than ever before, the holder and bachelor situations. Monday could be and most probably would be the end for BT sport if the have to try an explain a 4 pointer at number 1.

Personally if I was the BSPA id ask wolves to allow BV to use r/r without bjerre being banned.

It's all assumptive at this stage what will happen.

It isn't up to Wolves to allow anything or get the rule changed to suit their opponents.

It should be up to the governing body to recognise the farcical situation it has allowed itself to become.

I don't think anyone, including Wolves fans, would be upset if common sense prevailed and RR was allowed.

It's up to the BSPA to sanction all this tho and certainly not for Wolves promotion to be involved in.

I'm sure I read somewhere a while back that the BSPA will recognise One Sport events (SEC and Pairs) if they announce their dates when the international list is being compiled and agreed and the dates don't subsequently clash with a SGBP fixture - the latter being more than possible if the BSPA approve fixed race nights next year.

In general I would agree with the BSPA's previous stance on this - if you give in to one Promotions company's decision to stage a meaningless competition just for the money it brings in, whats to stop any other Sports Promotion doing similar??

Edited by Skidder1

Bjerre rides for Belle Vue tomorrow night! SEC been postponed.

• Like 1

If bjerre don't ride I'm done with speedway

I'm in compete agreement , No Bjerre tomorrow and I'm done with this farcical sport !

Edited by WestGorton1884

I'm in compete agreement , No Bjerre tomorrow and im done with this farcical sport !

Doesn't matter now. He's riding

• Like 1

Bjerre rides for Belle Vue tomorrow night! SEC been postponed.

Missing Jack Smith is likely to cost us a couple of points, with his recent improved form I think he had the beating of Greaves but with Bjerre back we now have a chance to build up a a lead to take to Monmore. Going to be tight though and we need Bewley to hit the ground running.

Edited by Aces51