British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scaramanga

Workington V Glasgow 23/9/17

I've heard differently and that was from Kyle himself at the Ignition Festival in Glasgow earlier this year!

early in season it was announced that a aggrement had been made that kyle would ride for workington

but crowds have dropped management have openly said there not happy with crowd levels and obviously they are loosing money

soits very possible they may decide to call it a day

early in season it was announced that a aggrement had been made that kyle would ride for workington

but crowds have dropped management have openly said there not happy with crowd levels and obviously they are loosing money

soits very possible they may decide to call it a day

I remember this being announced at the start of this season that he was lined up to ride for the Comets at the start of next season may be wrong though.

Speedway in general looks like having a tough winter all round.

I think there are a number of hurdles for Workington to jump before they start putting a team together.

• Like 1

I think there are a number of hurdles for Workington to jump before they start putting a team together.

a lot of those hurdles have already been jumped and cleared .

oooppss . i can only say sorry for this post . . my ethics of working out the way af leading was way off . glasgow did supply the majority of heats

won . a wee bit of brain fade there . . so an ooppss from me to the potato wedges . my mistake .

even i get it wrong sometimes .

Yes, the usual ethics of working out the way of leading is which team has the more points. :-)

Not a problem and thanks for responding.

Easy....we don't need sour grapes just because Britain's two best prospects might dare not ride for the money bags of British speedway an instead fancy representing there local club

Sorry pal but you've lost me here, where are these sour grapes anywhere relative to my post? :unsure:

In a jocular fashion, (hence the smiley) considering the doubt around the Comets future I merely stated that it would be quite previous to pledge yourself to a club that may not be here next year, what's wrong with pointing out that little foible? ;)

I would like to be proved wrong on that but, I think that is for the winter to decide, not right now!! :t:

Sorry pal but you've lost me here, where are these sour grapes anywhere relative to my post? :unsure:

In a jocular fashion, (hence the smiley) considering the doubt around the Comets future I merely stated that it would be quite previous to pledge yourself to a club that may not be here next year, what's wrong with pointing out that little foible? ;)

I would like to be proved wrong on that but, I think that is for the winter to decide, not right now!! :t:

Think we'll all have to wait till after the promoter's conference to see where we all stand as regards next season . Workington have been one of the stalwarts of the second tier for many a season , long may they continue to be so . Whatever malaise has infected speedway at Workington , the hope is that it can be eradicated and the club grows stronger again .

• Like 9

Think we'll all have to wait till after the promoter's conference to see where we all stand as regards next season . Workington have been one of the stalwarts of the second tier for many a season , long may they continue to be so . Whatever malaise has infected speedway at Workington , the hope is that it can be eradicated and the club grows stronger again .

Whilst i echo all your sentiments the simple truth is that if the crowds arent coming on a regular bases then the Workington promotion can`t support a failing business for ever and I know Laura Morgan has made enough sacrifices already to keep the Comets on track. Thing is there will be a number of clubs in roughly the same position as Workington, I hope all will come to the tapes for 2018.

• Like 1

I think you're barking up the wrong tree there Mr Justere.. ;) Surprise result against the Possil Playboys,but fair play to the Comets.Lawson's really not much cop in the pressure heats again is he lol? I attended the Comets v Scunny match in August and was really alarmed by the lack of a crowd..i thought the track was better than it's ever been and the racing was good but compared to several visits in 1999 and early 00s the crowd was shocking compared to that :sad: Really hope that the Comets come to the tapes next season :t:

Unlike Gazc, totally disagree about your snide quip about Lawson. Firstly if he hadn't beaten Cook in the fastest time by an opposition rider in heat 1 and won his next two despite being on Aaron's bike in one of them there wouldn't have been a 'pressure situation'. Secondly he was on Ryan macdonalds bike in his forth for goodness sake. Well done Ryan for helping out. So Mr Young away and think of other excuses for the monarchs bottling it at home last Friday

• Like 1

One of Richards clutch bearing had disintegrated at the start line hence he was on arrons and we though we got it fixed but when he jumped on it to go out for ht 13 with 30 secs to go it just did not feel right so jumped on Ryan's which the gearing was not fast enough on the straights but the rest of the riders sorted it for ht 15

One of Richards clutch bearing had disintegrated at the start line hence he was on arrons and we though we got it fixed but when he jumped on it to go out for ht 13 with 30 secs to go it just did not feel right so jumped on Ryan's which the gearing was not fast enough on the straights but the rest of the riders sorted it for ht 15

the warning signs were there in previous heat you could hear the chain rattle on his prctice start why does a club no1 have to borrow a bike from a stand in reserve his 2nd bikes should be better than ryan mcdonalds equipment

to do 2 races on borrowed equipment isnt a good sign really

He has 2 bikes but as I said he thought he had it fixed and there was not just not enough time to warm up his spare bike and he used Ryan's bike because it was one of his engines that ryan just bought off him and the same frame set up but just had the wrong sprocket on but got it sorted for ht 15

• Like 2

Most riders just use the 2nd bike for show, plus engines are setup for different tracks so his number 1 engine will be setup to get round the fast tracks like Workington, Glasgow, redcar and so in whereas his 2nd engine would be setup for Newcastle, Edinburgh and Ipswich, so jumping on someone elses bike could be better than jumping on your own 2nd bike

• Like 1

He has 2 bikes but as I said he thought he had it fixed and there was not just not enough time to warm up his spare bike and he used Ryan's bike because it was one of his engines that ryan just bought off him and the same frame set up but just had the wrong sprocket on but got it sorted for ht 15

Interesting info, thanks for that.

Most riders just use the 2nd bike for show, plus engines are setup for different tracks so his number 1 engine will be setup to get round the fast tracks like Workington, Glasgow, redcar and so in whereas his 2nd engine would be setup for Newcastle, Edinburgh and Ipswich, so jumping on someone elses bike could be better than jumping on your own 2nd bike

i agree with most of that

but there is no point taking a 2nd bike if your not willing to use it

most top riders have more than 2 bikes and unless there doing a road trip the bikes in the van should be setup for the track there going to

Edited by scarra