British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SharpenRake

Sheffield V Glasgow Po Semi-final 21 Sep

Was thinking the same 30 mins into the first leg and the tie is basically over.

Our owner's are going to be pleased think a clear out is a certainty.

To be honest wtf was Stewart doing putting r/r at 5.

A desperate move from a desperate manager. In reality it wouldnt have mattered where r/r was. This was the result we all feared. Sarjeant has spared us a proper hiding, as if it wasnt bad enough, as Perry would have been lucky to get 2 or 3. I'll give Lawson pass marks thereafter what a let down.

Well done Sheffield, you killed the tie by ht6. I was down there for the playoff last October, we had the same top 3, what a difference a year makes. This team has reached the end of the road. Lawson may survive the cull to join Lunna but thats it. They'll get a quiet send off on Tuesday night.

Poor show from Glasgow heatleaders Summers and Worrall and I bet they are grateful for Sarjeant! What is going on? Well done Sheffield but I think Edinburgh have their name on it!

Sheffield are a formidable home Team this season,can't see anyone beating them over aggregate home and away.There will be afew Tigers riders wondering where they will be next season,it's been proven before when you pay good money up front that some riders be come complacent .Think even Tigers fans will admit that all is not well in the camp these days though.Injuries apart.

• Like 1

The confidence is admirable and rightly so but you still have to respect any opponent as grazgp has clearly dismissed this scenario.

I will refrain from any outlandish predictions and just see how it goes.

The Sheffield Tigers let me down badly tonight 59pts. Not so outlandish.

The Sheffield Tigers let me down badly tonight 59pts. Not so outlandish.

Yeah fair play were we that bad or were you that good, poor night but not really surprised.

A desperate move from a desperate manager. In reality it wouldnt have mattered where r/r was. This was the result we all feared. Sarjeant has spared us a proper hiding, as if it wasnt bad enough, as Perry would have been lucky to get 2 or 3. I'll give Lawson pass marks thereafter what a let down.

Well done Sheffield, you killed the tie by ht6. I was down there for the playoff last October, we had the same top 3, what a difference a year makes. This team has reached the end of the road. Lawson may survive the cull to join Lunna but thats it. They'll get a quiet send off on Tuesday night.

Don't even think Lawson is safe but you are correct this team will be dismantled Lunna to return and 6 new riders to join him.

Somebody asked what is going on in a post earlier well i think we would all like to know what exactly did happen to this team.

Edited by Gazc

Yeah fair play were we that bad or were you that good, poor night but not really surprised.

Bit of both, Worral was woeful, Bewley had problems at first but looked better in his last couple of rides, Summers tried but was just out ridden, Bowtell was just out of his depth, Sarjeant either gated and won or didn't and didn't, Lawson was Lawson and rode well when he hit the front.

The worrying thing for Glasgow and whoever we face next, is that arguably our 3 heat leaders weren't at their best tonight and the winning margin could easily have been greater

Utter shambles from Glasgow there!

Your being to kind to them.

Watch what happens next we will get the usual sh*te about how the tie is not over and how we are much better than this etc etc.

Do the fans a favour and don't treat us continually with contempt as we have said it is the end of the road for this poor team.

Edited by Gazc

Sheffield have a very good team IMO , but come on now give the opposition some credit , I think you have a very one sided view and usually these sort of people set themselves up to be knocked down .Personally I see Sheffield winning the first leg comfortably but 58 -34 I believe is just wishful thinking

58-34 was definitely wishful thinking wasn't it? We went one better hehe

A totally different performance from Glasgow from the last time they were at Sheffield. If they had ridden like that tonight it would have been a different result, a lot closer. But i can see the Sheffield Tigers going up to Glasgow and winning. No score predictions this time. utt.

A totally different performance from Glasgow from the last time they were at Sheffield. If they had ridden like that tonight it would have been a different result, a lot closer. But i can see the Sheffield Tigers going up to Glasgow and winning. No score predictions this time. utt.

If you ride like you did last month at Ashfield it will be a landslide aggregate win.

You are a top team and we are not it is that simple.

That will be that then be as well staying at home.

Sheffield have a very good team IMO , but come on now give the opposition some credit , I think you have a very one sided view and usually these sort of people set themselves up to be knocked down .Personally I see Sheffield winning the first leg comfortably but 58 -34 I believe is just wishful thinking

Sorry I was so disrespectful and got it so wrong

• Like 1

Feel for the owners. Racing the second leg on a Tuesday night was never going to be a money spinner as I said in a earlier post. After this result I worry about the likely crowd. Can save there money for the KO cup 🤕🤒

Sorry I was so disrespectful and got it so wrong

Some of your lot taking smug lessons from our nearest and dearest.

So you got something right but coming on here and rubbing peoples noses in it is frankly p*ss poor.

• Like 2