British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

I can't see him paying up to be honest.

Neither can i his body language and the way he spoke last night i really think he has had enough.

i take it geds paying for it .

A very tasteless remark in my view, as it seems this may well be the end of Peterborough Speedway.!!!!!

A very tasteless remark in my view, as it seems this may well be the end of Peterborough Speedway.!!!!!

That's assuming that the EoES doesn't want to deal with anyone else and Rathbone doesn't want to recoup some of the reported 100k that he's invested? If the EoES want to end it then that's the end but otherwise I want something back for my troubles.

Just had a look at how that just giving page is doing for geds fine, and so far it's managed to raise a massive 320 pound of the 10 grand figure it's trying to raise.

Just had a look at how that just giving page is doing for geds fine, and so far it's managed to raise a massive 320 pound of the 10 grand figure it's trying to raise.

That's just the happy clappers getting excited. Well intentioned but it's not a raffle, serious cash is needed.

So if Ged doesn't want to carry on then a sale does get a mention which means the EoES may deal with someone else? Problem is, where is the next Frost/Mahoney because that's the budget required to run at the Showground when they can fit you in.

“I’ve got to try to understand whether I can stay out of trouble and away from the politics, and if I’ve still got enough left in me to carrying on doing the best I can for Peterborough Speedway, or whether the club gets sold, or worst case scenario disappears.” (Peterborough Today 16/10)

Edited by Crump99

Even though it's still Holder and Geds fault for what's happened. You do have to question why the BSPA would say that, then go against there word....

and begs the question why he didnt defend himself when the fine was given out with this excuse,my guess is it wasnt said at all

and begs the question why he didnt defend himself when the fine was given out with this excuse,my guess is it wasnt said at all

You also suggesting fake news?

Surely not.

• Like 2

You also suggesting fake news?

Surely not.

Fake news is just one side of the story with a new buzz word. There always has been two sides with the truth somewhere down the middle.

• Like 1

Ged should'nt pay out. Let the BSPA run the sport into the ground. Give it 2 years and the sport wont exist in this country anymore.

Look at the Sheffield vs. Leicester meeeting last week and it sums the sport up. Leicester getting guests in to replace riders who are riding for the opposition.

• Like 1

Fines go to the Speedway Riders Benevolence Fund, not the BSPA.

Only disciplinary fines by the ref. Late arrival & non-appearance fines by the ref and SCB court fines go to the SCB.

So is there life after Jack Holder ?

Fake news is just one side of the story with a new buzz word. There always has been two sides with the truth somewhere down the middle.

There is quite a lot to this that just doesn't add up IMO, for instance at the end of last season when Leicester were in danger of folding i.m given to believe that Ged wanted to make an offer to take charge only to be told that it had already been sorted. Then we have the Trevor Swales retirement announcement , can't say as anybody would blame him I suspect he's generally had enough of it, even if it has come at a very inapt time .

If I was Ged I’d keep the Torun money as a golden handshake as I think the promotion rights at Pboro and any other club are more or less worthless keep the Torun money and walk away , with Swales walking as well my guess that’s what will happen -then it’s down to if anyone else out there with a small fortune to lose fancies being a speedway promoter at Pboro .